1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "quality" opponents Wlad "fought"

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    OTNB land..

Where Pianeta, Mormeck and LEapai stay busy fights are testament of shame to the champion for beating, but where guys like Ernie Terrell and Alfredo Evangelista were "quality" opponents for a champ?

LOL
    ATG heavyweight champions do not get knocked down and out by bums either.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    OTNB land..

Where Pianeta, Mormeck and LEapai stay busy fights are testament of shame to the champion for beating, but where guys like Ernie Terrell and Alfredo Evangelista were "quality" opponents for a champ?

LOL
    ATG heavyweight champions do not get knocked down and out by bums either.
    ATG Wladimir got knocked down and out by a bummy PUNCHER who weighed 250lbs and was a mountain of muscle stronger than a piece of iron. A fight in which he was dominantly and 1 sidedly bashed this opponent to smitherines until he gassed out, the opponent which only survived long enough because he had among the hardest chins of all time.

I call this a "fluke".

Conversely, Muhammad Ali WAS knocked down by a 180lb bum, and some would say knocked out as well, considering his trainer tore the glove open admittedly more than it already was, gave his man smelling salts and conveniently delayed the break for 40 seconds more than it should have been. Imagine if Wladimir Klitschko was ALLOWED to fight a 180lb bum and this happened to him and he survived in this manner?

You follow?

Conversely, Muhammad Ali was not fluke KD'd, but was nevertheless outboxed soundly by a sub 200 cruiser, 6 fight green, 26-17 career bum. I would call this no fluke. I would call this being out-classed by a bum which is WAY worse than a fluke KO by a guy who the champ is otherwise obviously better than!
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can write a lot of gay nonsense if you want about Brewster being PUNCHER, 250lbs, mountain of muscle, piece of iron and the hardest chins of all time to justify the loss.

What about the other 2?

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You can write a lot of gay nonsense if you want about Brewster being PUNCHER, 250lbs, mountain of muscle, piece of iron and the hardest chins of all time to justify the loss.

What about the other 2?
    I was talking about Puritty.

Lamon Brewster was no bum at all.

But since you brought him up, it further illustrates the issue with Cooper.

Muhummad Ali's controversial stunt against lightHW, bum record Cooper goes swept under the rug, no DQ, NC or KO loss for Ali. Wladimir is PROVEN to be suffering from a life threatening illness against a 230lb boxer with a GOOD record and yet the decision is not changed to NC?

It's not that I think either result should have been changed at all, but always is the Cooper thing swept away as if it never happened and the Brewster thing is always brought back up despite being debunked for 10 years now.

Double standards.
    Last edited by Max Power; 01-02-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah bless! Let's not start crying now.

Why should Wlads result be changed, he gassed out. It happened to Haye, Nigel Benn and Foreman due to inexperience.

Ali just got knocked down and learnt not to allow it to happen again.

See the difference between a truly great fighter and a very good one.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ah bless! Let's not start crying now.

Why should Wlads result be changed, he gassed out. It happened to Haye, Nigel Benn and Foreman due to inexperience.

Ali just got knocked down and learnt not to allow it to happen again.

See the difference between a truly great fighter and a very good one.
    LOL Wladimir learnt that lesson, not to gas out, against Puritty.

He was very experienced and knew exactly what he was doing against Brewster.

NOBODY just gasses out after a few rounds of what was nothing more than a light sparring session for Wladimir against Brewster. There was a far more obvious reason revealed than that.

Again, I did not say it SHOULD be changed to NC, I just think it's ironic how it's always brought up but not the fact that your fighter was badly hurt by a 180lb bum with no excuse.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettos View Post

I feel that you are clutching at straws now.

You know exactly what I meant, however the level of idiocy that thrives on this forum never stops amazing me so I'll break it down to you are like a child.

1 - For Wlads personal wealth, Pianeta was perfect, by being undefeated and having beaten Oliver McCall (again old) he had a way of selling a fight with an unknown fighter.

2 - For HW boxing he was a joke of an opponent for the champ and did not belong in the ring with Wlad.

Now I hate being harsh with people but there is no way you can think that Wladimir Klitschko, undefeated in like a decade, holding 4 world titles (3 majors), coming off the back of a decent win against a fighter who is at least a known contender at world level and can pick any fighter he wants to fight.... Picks Pianeta....?

It's ridiculous that he doesn't always aim to fight the top fighters in the division.
    If i remember correctly wladimir was contracted to have a fight on the date of the pianeta fight and a lot of the other highly ranked guys were busy at that time(arreola and stiverne were fighting around that time, ) and how many of them would have taken it is another question a fair few contenders do like padding their records a lot before going up against wladimir and I think the wbc belt mandatory spot was still up for grabs then. In my opinion a good few guys were more interested in chasing the "easier" wbc belt then so either wouln't have taken a wladimir fight unless they were paid a lot, maybe k2 shoudl have offered more monies but I don't think from who was availible at the time there was anyone really worth it for wladimir.. So I don't think for a business and stay busy fight pianeta was that bad of an opponent out of what was availible...

Mormeck was a terrible choice though that was really bad.. That was just done so wladimir could get an easy mark for his 50th ko... Although mormecks punch stats are pretty hilarious, he was on A-Forces level that night :S

Thread Information