Default Re: Chris Eubank Jnr thought he didn't lose to Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Theres no doubt Eubank has ability but he completely bottled it. He did fuck all for the first half of the fight which cost him the W. Either Saunders is a lot better then people thought or Eubank isnt as good. Eubanks team took a calculated risk which didnt pay off. He has been given a great opportunity now to fight a highly rated fighter who really shouldnt be rated so highly.

His main problem is he has gone from only Andre Ward having a shot of beating him to getting beat by Saunders. Id like to see him fight Ryder. Both him and Ryder did as well as each other against Saunders.
    What are you on?

Your trying to tell people who have seen these fights that Ryder did as well as Eubank?

Did he come close to a split decision? No! Did he have Saunders is as much trouble late as Eubank? No!
    John Ryder scorecards: 115-114 115-113 115-113
    Chris Eubank Scorecards: 115-114 115-113 113-116
    So he didn't come close to getting a split then

The difference between the Ryder fight and the Eubank Jr fight is no one thought Ryder won or that it was even close.
    Except for the 3 judges?
    Erm..... The three judges in the Ryder fight all had him losing

Yea but was it not close?
    Did anyone ever think Ryder won?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gave it to Saunders by 2 rounds. The same score as I gave Saunders over Eubank. Some people on twitter gave the fight to Ryder. Both fights were clear in my opinion. Both were close but the right man won both.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I gave it to Saunders by 2 rounds. The same score as I gave Saunders over Eubank. Some people on twitter gave the fight to Ryder. Both fights were clear in my opinion. Both were close but the right man won both.
    I actually think I may have had Saunders by more than 2. Havent seen the fight in awhile. In any case I cant remember anyone argueing too much about the scorecards which would indicate a close and competitive fight.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually think I may have had Saunders by more than 2. Havent seen the fight in awhile. In any case I cant remember anyone argueing too much about the scorecards which would indicate a close and competitive fight.
    Your opinion but even yourself don't have Ryder doing as well as Eubank did.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryder was younger and had less pro fights then Eubank had when they fought Saunders. Will you not take that into account for Ryder?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ryder was younger and had less pro fights then Eubank had when they fought Saunders. Will you not take that into account for Ryder?
    Saunders was slightly more experinced, had for the first time come to the scales looking like a boxer and had taken himself away on a training camp.

Had it been the Billy Joe who was turning up looking like a fat welter as he was in all his fights previous the. I think Eubank probably would have stopped him. The new fitness effort scraped him through that fight.

Conversely, had Saumders been in this shape and this focussed against Ryder the margin would have been much wider.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders was slightly more experinced, had for the first time come to the scales looking like a boxer and had taken himself away on a training camp.

Had it been the Billy Joe who was turning up looking like a fat welter as he was in all his fights previous the. I think Eubank probably would have stopped him. The new fitness effort scraped him through that fight.

Conversely, had Saumders been in this shape and this focussed against Ryder the margin would have been much wider.
    LOL. Is Saunders not like Chisora? Being fatter made him more durable. Thats why Eubank could rock him because he wasnt carrying the extra weight on the night

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Eubank Junior won too. I have to admit Saunders was better fighter than I thought and both put up a great effort where they both gave their all in that fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

LOL. Is Saunders not like Chisora? Being fatter made him more durable. Thats why Eubank could rock him because he wasnt carrying the extra weight on the night
    That logic doesn't work when you have to make a weight limit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank lost he gets KTFO by Chudinov
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank lost the fight more than Saunders won it imo, he did absolutely fuck all for the first half and even after that fought like an idiot banking on those corkscrew uppercuts with nothing to set them up. The fight was really an underwhelming mess No question Saunders won't have a chance to be as good as Eubank, should the latter improve even slightly, but I wouldn't bet on either going to the top.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm glad the loss is pissing Eubank off , maybe he will start fighting from the first bell next time , instead of posing and dicking about.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Eubank... had stage fright... started late after he found out Saunders, with his amateur pedigree, wasn't all that... but, do NOT cry. Just win. Rematch him, and win. Easy!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Some people could have told him beforehand that he didn't have the experience and he didn't know how to fight a southpaw. Unfortunately the cheerleader squad were too busy trying to get their mug on camera.

Fightscorecollector - press scores.

Saunders-Ryder - 15 of 25 for Saunders (10 don't think Ryder lost).

Saunders-Eubank - 33 of 43 for Saunders (10 don't think Eubank lost).

Almost an identical reaction to the fights. The majority agree Saunders won but accept both contests were pretty even.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fenster View Post
    some people could have told him beforehand that he didn't have the experience and he didn't know how to fight a southpaw. Unfortunately the cheerleader squad were too busy trying to get their mug on camera.

fightscorecollector - press scores.

Saunders-ryder - 15 of 25 for saunders (10 don't think ryder lost).

Saunders-eubank - 33 of 43 for saunders (10 don't think eubank lost).

Almost an identical reaction to the fights. The majority agree saunders won but accept both contests were pretty even.
    fact!!!!

Thread Information