Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jnr thought he didn't lose to Saunders

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Too little too late for Eubank he fought well over the second half but it still wasn't enough Saunders beat him fair and square

Doesn't matter now because Chudinov is going to knock him out
    Chudinov isnt very good. Id be surprised if he won.
    Get ready to be surprised

Saunders is going to be defending his british title against Blackwell next.

The fights these two are having next you would think the decision went the other way.....
    I thought Saunders was targeting Lee
    They were.

Im pretty sure Saunders beats Lee relatively easy and I reckon booth also feels maybe not that Saunders would beat Lee easy but that its an awkward fight and he and Warren have come to an agreement that Lee gets an easy defence at home first. Makes sense financially but id rather see Saunders build on the exposure he got with Eubank and get an old name instead of rematching a british level fighter.

Agreed , I think they know Saunders needs to be matched carefully.
    Theres three Australians he could defend the commonwealth against that have recognosable names. Mundine, Geale and Soliman. All quality fights and easily winnable. Saunders is much better than I thought. Eubank Jrs progress beyond that fight will prove that.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too little too late for Eubank he fought well over the second half but it still wasn't enough Saunders beat him fair and square

The fights these two are having next you would think the decision went the other way.....
    They were.

Im pretty sure Saunders beats Lee relatively easy and I reckon booth also feels maybe not that Saunders would beat Lee easy but that its an awkward fight and he and Warren have come to an agreement that Lee gets an easy defence at home first. Makes sense financially but id rather see Saunders build on the exposure he got with Eubank and get an old name instead of rematching a british level fighter.
    Theres three Australians he could defend the commonwealth against that have recognosable names. Mundine, Geale and Soliman. All quality fights and easily winnable. Saunders is much better than I thought. Eubank Jrs progress beyond that fight will prove that.
    Saunders beating Eubank proved that Billy Joe was better than you thought. Eubank Jr's progress, if there is any, will be dependent on many things, but will prove nothing about Saunders.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They were.

Firstly, I don't see why your opinion of BJS is so much higher just because he beat the Superhero that is Eubank jr. surely he should've won ? he was a possible World title contender and Eubank was a relative novice albeit a good one. Both of them are exactly what they say on the tin....
    Saunders- technically good Boxer looking for a World title shot. Whether he belongs at that level , we'll find out.
    Eubank - a very good novice with massive "potential", but still a bit raw, a bit wild and a bit arrogant. He COULD go a long way, but he'll need to listen now and again, and if he doesn't , he's going nowhere.
    Finally, this has lead you to think that fights with Soliman and Geale are "easily winnable". Forget about Mundine, because his last fight was at LMW And he's nearly 40, But Geale and Soliman have both been World Champions and fought the best.
    At the moment, that is something BJS and Eu have no guarantees of doing. Geale was Half a second from KO'ing Darren Barker and I think your comment is grossly disrespectful to both of them.
    I suppose it's typical of many English people's perception that the World begins in Cornwall and ends in Carlisle.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not English or from the UK...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, you live in the Channel Islands, which isn't far off, you can take your pick. That's probably why you have the Union Jack in your ID. I don't see the tricoloure in there.and you, putting it kindly wax lyrical about 2 Brit fighters to the point of Blind faith.
    I think that justifies my comment.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    No, you live in the Channel Islands, which isn't far off, you can take your pick. That's probably why you have the Union Jack in your ID. I don't see the tricoloure in there.and you, putting it kindly wax lyrical about 2 Brit fighters to the point of Blind faith.
    I like them because they have a refreshing attitude towards fighting and have interesting to watch styles. I live closer to France, have a French surname but could not name any current interesting french fighters.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like them because they have a refreshing attitude towards fighting and have interesting to watch styles. I live closer to France, have a French surname but could not name any current interesting french fighters.
    For the record, I don't dislike either of them. Infact , I find Fury very entertaining and watchable , in , but mostly out of the ring. My point is, I feel I'm a bit more realistic about their current standing.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For the record, I don't dislike either of them. Infact , I find Fury very entertaining and watchable , in , but mostly out of the ring. My point is, I feel I'm a bit more realistic about their current standing.
    A bit more realistic about their standing?

Im not unrealistic. Where have I been unrealistic about their standing?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No, you live in the Channel Islands, which isn't far off, you can take your pick. That's probably why you have the Union Jack in your ID. I don't see the tricoloure in there.and you,
    putting it kindly wax lyrical about 2
    Brit fighters to the point of Blind faith.
    I like them because they have a
    refreshing attitude towards fighting
    and have interesting to watch styles. I live closer to France, have a French surname but could not name any current interesting french fighters.

For the record, I don't dislike either of them. Infact , I find Fury very entertaining and watchable , in , but mostly out of the ring. My point is, I
    feel I'm a bit more realistic about
    their current standing.

Im not unrealistic. Where have I
    been unrealistic about their
    standing?
    I'm not going to look through all your Jingoistic posts, but I think it's unrealistic to cling onto the thought that Eubank won just because "one judge said so" and "the gypsy stood next to me said so!" Get over it .
    It's also unrealistic to say that Fury beats nearly every HW in the division "easily". You use the fact that Lucas Browne hasn't beaten anyone of note to make your opinion of him. That's fair enough, but by the same context, who the fuck has Fury beat apart from a feather fisted CW that decked him before he leant all over him for 8 rounds?
    I've said before I like Fury, but keep it real and even if he beats most HW's in the division it's unrealistic to think that it will be easy.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Eubank won just because a judge said so and people in the crowd also thought so. I used those as examples to prove how its not ridiculous for anyone to think Eubank won.

I based my opinion on what I saw and from my experience as an actual boxer and judge.

What do you base your opinion on?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Eubank won just because a judge said so and people in the crowd also thought so. I used those as examples to prove how its not ridiculous for anyone to think Eubank won.

I based my opinion on what I saw and from my experience as an actual boxer and judge.

Sometimes in the arena, you can get a distorted view of how the fight is going, so I watched it very carefully twice over, first time with no volume. And to be honest I think Saunders was spot on. He won the first six rounds and won 2 out of the next 6. That means he won the fight comfortably by 4 rounds. Eubank wasn't helped by his Dad posing in front of him in the corner, and the only reason he started slowly was that he couldn't suss out what to do to combat Saunders tactics, and he refuses to allow Davis to talk or listen when he does. That is the biggest fuckin joke in the World.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sometimes in the arena, you can get a distorted view of how the fight is going, so I watched it very carefully twice over, first time with no volume. And to be honest I think Saunders was spot on. He won the first six rounds and won 2 out of the next 6. That means he won the fight comfortably by 4 rounds. Eubank wasn't helped by his Dad posing in front of him in the corner, and the only reason he started slowly was that he couldn't suss out what to do to combat Saunders tactics, and he refuses to allow Davis to talk or listen when he does. That is the biggest fuckin joke in the World.
    Saunders didn't win all the first 6 at all. There was a couple of rounds minimum in the first half Eubank won. My view was not distorted. As an ex judge I'm looking at the work both produce and not the overall impression by any one fighter. As an amateur judge its difficult to watch or enjoy a fight as you are counting both fighters punches at the same time and you learn how to do it proficiently. Although pro isn't scored like amateur on number of punches landed solely if you land more punches than your opponent generally you are going to win the round, unless your not putting any effort or steam on those punches.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Im not unrealistic. Where have I been unrealistic about their standing?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saunders didn't win all the first 6 at all. There was a couple of rounds minimum in the first half Eubank won. My view was not distorted. As an ex judge I'm looking at the work both produce and not the overall impression by any one fighter. As an amateur judge its difficult to watch or enjoy a fight as you are counting both fighters punches at the same time and you learn how to do it proficiently. Although pro isn't scored like amateur on number of punches landed solely if you land more punches than your opponent generally you are going to win the round, unless your not putting any effort or steam on those punches.
    Well, it's all about opinions I suppose, and no disrespect to you being an ex Judge, but I've seen judges give poor decisions as you have seen also no doubt.I'm not putting you in that bracket, just saying.
    Nonetheless , I notice you never answered my remarks about Fury's experience or Eubank's arrogance, so I'll take it you concede and agree on those points.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didnt notice any comments about experience or arrogance.

If you are saying Tyson is not experienced enough thats not entirely his own fault. David Haye pulled out twice, he tried making a replacement fight with Wilder, that didnt come off and then Chisor pulled out and his trainer pulled him out of the replacement because his trainers brother was dying.

As for arrogance, so what? Its only arrogance. Its not the ignorance that spouts out of Saunders mouth. You know Tyson Fury got fined for saying lesser things than saunders did but its terrible that a boxer should believe in himself?

Whats the most terrbile thing that Eubank Jr has said that someone could take offence at?

Thread Information