Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chris Eubank Jnr thought he didn't lose to Saunders

To be fair so did one of the judges so hes no way out of line.

So did a lot of people who watched including some of Saunders own gypsy supporters sat behind me in the arena.

Eubank Jr will suffer in instances like this where it was clearly a very very close fight everyone agrees (apart from the very biased against Eubank) but yet its insane that anyone could think he won?

He will suffer because he is confident and generally british people don't like confidence. Saunders talked a lot of rubbish, childish rubbish in the lead up and Eubank didn't. He didn't even attend most of the press conferences! In the end he will have a better career than Saunders in the pros because he has the strength and resilience needed.

Saunders put himself on a decent training camp and looked in his best shape he'd ever been but even still he was falling apart in the last round. Either Eubank is better than what some will give him credit for (he is by a mile, otherwise how else does he go from fighting journeymen and only ever going 8 rounds to nearly stopping and giving Saunders the hardest fight of his career and pushing him to a split decision?) or Saunders is fucked when he meets genuine world class (he beats Lee).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a close fight but I think eubank won and if they fight again I bet jnr is a big favourite to win

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think I had Saunders by 1. Could make a case for a draw or Eubank by 1. Would back Eubank heavily in rematch.
    I think that's what most people think Ross.
    Saddo Fantasy Premier League
    2011/12 - 2nd
    2012/13 -1st Hidden Content
    2013/14 - 3rd (Master won)

Saddo World Cup Dream Team
    2014 - 1st Hidden Content

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Theres no doubt Eubank has ability but he completely bottled it. He did fuck all for the first half of the fight which cost him the W. Either Saunders is a lot better then people thought or Eubank isnt as good. Eubanks team took a calculated risk which didnt pay off. He has been given a great opportunity now to fight a highly rated fighter who really shouldnt be rated so highly.

His main problem is he has gone from only Andre Ward having a shot of beating him to getting beat by Saunders. Id like to see him fight Ryder. Both him and Ryder did as well as each other against Saunders.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Theres no doubt Eubank has ability but he completely bottled it. He did fuck all for the first half of the fight which cost him the W. Either Saunders is a lot better then people thought or Eubank isnt as good. Eubanks team took a calculated risk which didnt pay off. He has been given a great opportunity now to fight a highly rated fighter who really shouldnt be rated so highly.

His main problem is he has gone from only Andre Ward having a shot of beating him to getting beat by Saunders. Id like to see him fight Ryder. Both him and Ryder did as well as each other against Saunders.
    What are you on?

Your trying to tell people who have seen these fights that Ryder did as well as Eubank?

Did he come close to a split decision? No! Did he have Saunders is as much trouble late as Eubank? No!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its getting tiresome reading opinions saying Eubank should drop below British title level and fight the likes of Saunders, Osullivan and Blackwell. Its like bitterness that Eubank is the real deal and has more promise or rather potential than any of the other british middles. Yes he has more potential, even the people who don't like him all say he could have fought better, whereas Saunders fought his best. He's on the same level as Saunders now which is european and he's got the confidence in his ability to keep moving up and fight world ranked opponents. Thats how you learn.

Compare who Eubanks fighting next to who the three fighters I mentioned are. Chudinov is ranked higher than Saunders.
    Last edited by ross; 01-10-2015 at 04:04 PM.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

What are you on?

Your trying to tell people who have seen these fights that Ryder did as well as Eubank?

Did he come close to a split decision? No! Did he have Saunders is as much trouble late as Eubank? No!
    John Ryder scorecards: 115-114 115-113 115-113
    Chris Eubank Scorecards: 115-114 115-113 113-116

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its getting tiresome reading opinions saying Eubank should drop below British title level and fight the likes of Saunders, Osullivan and Blackwell. Its like bitterness that Eubank is the real deal and has more promise or rather potential than any of the other british middles. Yes he has more potential, even the people who don't like him all say he could have fought better, whereas Saunders fought his best. He's on the same level as Saunders now which is european and he's got the confidence in his ability to keep moving up and fight world ranked opponents. Thats how you learn.

Compare who Eubanks fighting next to who the three fighters I mentioned are. Chudinov is ranked higher than Saunders.
    Good old ross. Selective rankings.

Saunders is ranked 4 by WBC, Eubank 11. Chudinov unranked.
    Saunders is ranked 11th by WBA. Eubank unranked, Chudinov number 1 (this is clearly the best ranking system eh Ross)
    Saunders is 4 in IBF. Other 2 are unranked
    Saunders is 1 in WBO, others are unranked.
    Saunders is 19 by boxrec, Chudinov is 15 Eubank is 33.

Saunders likely going for world title next which will definitely be a higher standard then Chudinov. O Sullivans trainer has said he has a big fight coming up. I Have no idea who it is against but I was thinking someone like O Kane makes sense. If this is true (by your logic) this is a better opponent then Eubank as he is higher ranked in boxrec (because they are the real experts on rankings) and Nick Blackwell will fight for the British title as he is mandatory. Chris Eubank has decided to skip this, which is fine.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on?

So he didn't come close to getting a split then

The difference between the Ryder fight and the Eubank Jr fight is no one thought Ryder won or that it was even close.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Eubank can fulfil his potential, but I really don't think he can. I can understand him not telling the media about the not so positives things he learnt, but if he's telling the complete truth, he hasn't learnt enough. When someone says "Ronnie is only there to apply the Vaseline, when it's going wrong, I know how to put it right , I don't need telling." And then in the middle of the fight , to tell Ronnie Davis to stop talking is the most disgraceful thing I've ever heard a boxer say in all my life.
    I have never known even the most arrogant fighters ever to say something as disrespectful as that. If that continues to be his attitude , he will NEVER make it. And to be fair, that would be disappointing.
    When his Dad showed off, he knew that that part of it was a bit of a game, but I'm not sure his son has taken that in.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on?

The difference between the Ryder fight and the Eubank Jr fight is no one thought Ryder won or that it was even close.
    Except for the 3 judges?

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I hope Eubank can fulfil his potential, but I really don't think he can. I can understand him not telling the media about the not so positives things he learnt, but if he's telling the complete truth, he hasn't learnt enough. When someone says "Ronnie is only there to apply the Vaseline, when it's going wrong, I know how to put it right , I don't need telling." And then in the middle of the fight , to tell Ronnie Davis to stop talking is the most disgraceful thing I've ever heard a boxer say in all my life.
    I have never known even the most arrogant fighters ever to say something as disrespectful as that. If that continues to be his attitude , he will NEVER make it
    . And to be fair, that would be disappointing.
    When his Dad showed off, he knew that that part of it was a bit of a game, but I'm not sure his son has taken that in.
    I agree, if you are unwilling to learn from everyone around you then you have just revealed your own shallowness and given away half the game. Bluff and Bravado alone ain't going to win you fights.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on?

Except for the 3 judges?
    Erm..... The three judges in the Ryder fight all had him losing

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What are you on?

Except for the 3 judges?
    Erm..... The three judges in the Ryder fight all had him losing

Yea but was it not close?

Thread Information