Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Corruption- Still a problem on Boxing?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Corruption- Still a problem on Boxing?

What do you think? I think Floyd is just as much at risk of being cheated IF he wins.... shit happens. What do you think?

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Corruption- Still a problem on Boxing?

Boxing is corrupt, bad decisions ranking by governing body's, promoters TV company's, there
    are but a few, to chose from take your pick.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Absolutely and it's just one of the problems boxing has.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If one of them wins a close fight then I can see the guy who in reality lost getting a gift decision because there's nothing that everybody concerned -- the TV networks, Vegas, the promoters, the sponsors -- would like than to do a rematch.

So if it's close then I can see a draw or a win for the wrong guy definitely. It's not like that would be something we haven't seen before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think the bad judging is just a red-herring so that people in general don't suspect the fixings on the table.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't you guys think its sad that almost everyone agrees that the sport we obviously all love is corrupt?? Its got to the point we EXPECT corruption. People hardly ever decry it nowadays.
    Most people expect corruption in the Floyd- Manny fight, if it ever happens but who can blame them. Just look back at what Vegas has allowed Floyd to do. The Nevada state commission give him carte blanche to do as he pleases. A judge C J.Ross was fired for turning in a suspect draw decision yet other judges deliver equally ludicrous decisions with impunity. A good referee in my opinion, who called it straight down the line Tony Weekes in the Maidana 1 was berated by Mayweather for letting Maidana " Rough me up & bully me " So he was replaced in the rematch by Kenny Bayless who acted like a mother hen caring for her chicks in protecting Mayweather by stopping Maidana from fighting.
    If this fight ever happens I'd love to see a straight down the line honest fight with the best man on the night LEGITIMATELY getting the win. I'll not hold my breath for that to happen in Vegas though
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

From bad score cards, to inept refs even outside of the ring.

I think of how the NBA turned WBA claiming it was simply to go international, but was shrouded in controversy at the time, asking Joe Louis to be the poster boy.

Or when Rocchigiani beat Michael Nunn for the title that Roy Jones Jnr had relinquished to fight Ruiz, then they gave it back to Roy. That was so corrupt, Jose Suliamen couldnt even afford to pay the damages & simply filed bankruptcy.

Or how Wlad & Vitali held titles but were never placed on either's rankings as the # 1contender of each's alphabet soup belt... so as to not piss off mama Klitschko.

Yeah, I'd say just as corrupt as the days of the Mafia, only now the corruption is in broad daylight.

jon09 Guest

This one? BOSS Sports | Evander Holyfield Says Boxing Corruption Plays Factor In Mayweather VS Pacquiao And Holyfield was part of corruption when the 1st fight with Lewis happened. I do think that when Pac and Mayweather do fight we will probably see some sort of controversy that will cause them to fight again before the year ends.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's way too much money around for there not to be corruption. It's always been there and always will be there.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

With little to no accountability or strict unified rules and guidelines it is set up to often fail the fans and more importantly the fighters. The literal definition of "winging it" on the job.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    If one of them wins a close fight then I can see the guy who in reality lost getting a gift decision because there's nothing that everybody concerned -- the TV networks, Vegas, the promoters, the sponsors -- would like than to do a rematch.

So if it's close then I can see a draw or a win for the wrong guy definitely. It's not like that would be something we haven't seen before.
    I happen to think now after some reflection that Floyd is trying to ensure he stacks the deck behind the scenes with all of this extra wrangling with Manny BECAUSE he fears Arum and what Arum is capable of.

Floyd wants to ensure that if anyone has the cards stacked it would be him.

Floyd simply didn't want to fight Manny because, before the ko and loss to Bradley, a fight with Manny meant Arum having some power to say either way Floyd or Manny could have won IF it went to a decision- and if it did, then Manny would have been possibly the winner in that exchange.

Don't mind Haymon and Floyd, they fear Arum... and not because of Manny, but they fear what Arum is capable of.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    With little to no accountability or strict unified rules and guidelines it is set up to often fail the fans and more importantly the fighters. The literal definition of "winging it" on the job.
    Maybe it's all in look at it. Is there anyone that cares the WWE is fake? They made $520M in 2014. Maybe boxing is just a different kind of fake?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by fan johnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Maybe it's all in look at it. Is there anyone that cares the WWE is fake? They made $520M in 2014. Maybe boxing is just a different kind of fake?

I agree but look at the titles W.W,E. stands for World Wrestling ENTERTAINMENT!!!!! They changed there name from World Wrestling Federation because it was so blatantly fake
    Our SPORT is PROFESSIONAL BOXING!!! A LEGITIMATE FIGHT!!!. Now casual sports fans regard boxing as just as fake as pro wrestling. We cannot really argue with them can we with the corruption in the sport today. If , unlikely as it seems, Stiverne-Wilder goes the distance do you honestly think Stiverne would get the decision?
    Same way if Paquaio-Mayweather ever comes off do you honestly think Paquaio could get a decision win in Vegas I doubt it
    Keep on Punchin"
    C.J.
    Hidden Content we love C.J.Hidden Content

Thread Information