Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default espn reports snag in Floyd v Manny

According to ESPN Arum has agreed to all Floyd stips including the fights name, which has to be Mayweather v Pacquia, announcements, testing, ring walks etc but more demands keep coming after every agreement. Floyd reportedly met with Khan two weeks ago to make a plan B. I don't know, I guess if the fight falls through it will be the same thing, we will be on here blaming each side like we were there for negotiations. I would say if Floyd is making back up plans with Khan and Cotto the fight probably isn't going to happen. Manny dropped his must sign deadlines and now they are talking about pushing the fight to May 30 or June although Floyd has been insistent on the early May date. I can't post the link but check it out at ESPN and let me know your interpretation. I personally think Floyd would rather fight Cotto who he has already seen so will beat easily or Khan who thinks he's God because he beat Alexander but will be flailing blindly and lose horribly against Floyd. Neither Khan no Cotto pose a threat to Floyd. Floyd's father said a while ago that he thinks his son could take Manny but for some reason his son doesn't think so. If the fight falls through I'm not paying for anymore Floyd fights. The Manny fight undercards usually stink so I don't bother with those either.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: espn reports snag in Floyd v Manny

Why do all the sports colmnuist continue to write shit about a negoation when they have with no verifiable source. Arum has already said Floyd wants his promotional company to take top bill and has stepped away to let the fight happen. Floyd has said he wants the fight to happen and even approached Manny in person to make sure they continue the negoiation. Everyone has knee jurk reactions about any little rumor that coumes out. The latest shit is about how HBO is standing in the way but they have said it's all BS.

HBO story link

Hershman discounted a report that HBO, which has Pacquiao under contract, would prefer to wait until 2016 when Mayweather's deal with rival network Showtime runs out.

"Our position has been consistent throughout this whole process," Hershman said at a Madison Square Garden news conference announcing heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko's April 25 bout against Bryant Jennings.

"We're here to stand by and help wherever we can to make this fight happen. We're not an impediment to that happening, and we'll do what's necessary from our end. Then, it's up to the principals."

The columnists just need to be patient.

I've never paid for a Floyd fight because they are not that enternaining, I don't think I'd be buying the biggest earning fight in history because streams will be everywhere and I no longer have the PPV through cable.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We the public can never really make heads or tails of negotiations like this because you don't know what's going on behind closed doors, who's lying and who's telling the truth, who's misrepresenting facts, ect.

All I know is they have a great opportunity to sell a fight that is 3 years past it's expiration date, a fight that will make everyone involved more money than they've ever made from a fight, a fight that will make both fighters 2 or 3 times more than they would fighting any other fighter. At this point, if they don't get this fight made, THEY are the ones who lose, not the fans.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan said on BT sport that he does not be live the fight will happen and that if neither of them get the may weather fight they have an agreement to fight one another.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    According to ESPN Arum has agreed to all Floyd stips including the fights name, which has to be Mayweather v Pacquia, announcements, testing, ring walks etc but more demands keep coming after every agreement. Floyd reportedly met with Khan two weeks ago to make a plan B. I don't know, I guess if the fight falls through it will be the same thing, we will be on here blaming each side like we were there for negotiations. I would say if Floyd is making back up plans with Khan and Cotto the fight probably isn't going to happen. Manny dropped his must sign deadlines and now they are talking about pushing the fight to May 30 or June although Floyd has been insistent on the early May date. I can't post the link but check it out at ESPN and let me know your interpretation. I personally think Floyd would rather fight Cotto who he has already seen so will beat easily or Khan who thinks he's God because he beat Alexander but will be flailing blindly and lose horribly against Floyd. Neither Khan no Cotto pose a threat to Floyd. Floyd's father said a while ago that he thinks his son could take Manny but for some reason his son doesn't think so. If the fight falls through I'm not paying for anymore Floyd fights. The Manny fight undercards usually stink so I don't bother with those either.

Simply not true, i've been saying for ages that Khan under Virgil Hunter is a Force at Welter weight, doesn't make stupid mistakes anymore, listens to every word between rounds that Hunter tells him and looks huge at the weight.

Floyd is in no way a heavy handed fighter either and is 100% slowing down with every fight now.

Khan poses as much of a threat to Floyd as anyone and it's very likely he can beat Floyd on points.

Speed and the huge amount of punches he throws will force Floyd to have to try and match him and i don't think he can do in that department - not at his age.

Khan won't let him take a breather at all and will be all over him to the point where Floyd would have to knock him out to win.

Anyone catch the Khan interview on BT Sports the other night...?

He regularly used to get the better of Manny (years ago when Manny was at his peak) to the point where they had to train at different times because they didn't want Khan sparring with him anymore.

Khan is at his peak right now and a fresh 28 years old and has (i think) got his foolish traits behind him (due to Hunter).

I don't think he'd make those silly wild mistakes anymore and looks the real deal now in my opinion.

Amazes me that people still give the lad zero chance against Mayweather.

Crazy talk!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest I think Khan is a tougher fight for Mayweather than Pac is at this point.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here's the entire BT Sports interview from 3/2/15 that me and Master mentioned, gotta say i like Khan, always have done

Aside from Boxing you have to admire the work he does in Pakistan against terrorism, building new schools and trying to get kids away from terror training camps and into the fight game.

Good honest interview here - enjoy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyds tried to learn about the business in boxing. So this is about leverage. He searches for every bit of leverage to keep the odds stacked in his favor. So the Plan B fights are floated all over the place. To keep Khan and Cotto begging and pliable. This in turn has cotto or Khan willing to shave their possible earnings down to make the fight if they think they can. All of which creates leverage for Floyd to say to manny why should I fight you for 65%, When I can get 75% vs cotto? or 73% vs khan? on easier fights. Then Floyd gets manny to make concessions that way. Top billing, announced last, etc etc..

Manny needs to see and promote his options. They took the high road in trying to show the fans that they want nothing but this fight, but it makes them look desperate especially after the marquez ko. But that's the hoop that floyds making them jump through to get the fight. If manny goes "screw this, I'm fighting khan; undefeated doesn't matter, I beat everyone you beat except Judah, ortiz and guererro, but you didn't fight margarito, Bradley, rios , etc.." and starts a d*ck measuring contest.. Floyd takes his contract and goes home. That's why manny has arum. Manny fights. arum deals with this B.S. and quite frankly I believe Arum was handling it the right way money wise. If theres a sh*t Ton of money to be made on this fight and Floyd walks away with 90% of it. It means nothing. Even if he loses, hes getting paid more to lose than Manny's getting paid to win and that's exactly what he wants.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Thread Information