Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Are wavemasters just as affective??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Are wavemasters just as affective??

i was thinking about buyin a wavemaster so i can just leave it on the floor and it it. because my house has termites so it might rip the ceiling off if i buy a hanging bag. i was wondering if wave masters were good and if they are as affective as normal heavy bags??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Are wavemasters just as affective??

god no!

my house mate has one and we had to replace the water with sand as i could knock it over with a good half strength straight punch. If you hit the bag for more than 3 hits the whole things starts spinning around on the base!

save your money, they are over priced and only good for martial arts IMO, you will not be able to go heavy on the wavemaster

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rossboxing.com did a huge guide on them, if you can't get a bag up the only way to get it to even reseble a bag it to fill the base with cement or conrete and do it in layers so it compresses, even then you have to have a high friction floor other wise it goes all over the shop.

Once you've got it to stay roguhly static you just don't get the angles to throw shots at or the swing of the bag adding extra resistance and moving around a static bag is not a good way to develop footwork.

If you cannot get a bag bracket up any in your house then this is what you want:

[img width=525 height=700]http://www.protecboxing.com/acatalog/CORNERMAN.gif[/img]
    www.protecboxing.com

more than a regular bracket and you'll have to buy weights to place on the legs (I think, it may come with some and you probably have some) but its well worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

for the love of god, dont get a wave master. we used to have one (amoungst other bags such as slam mans etc). as has been mentioned they fly around like sonic the hedgehog. give them a real hard smack and they fall over, and keep punchign and youll end up (like we did) actually snapping it in half)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont forget that wavemasters have a plastic core and there is only 2" roughly of padding... knuckle bashing'tasic

Thread Information