Thread: Amir Khan ducking Kell Brooks?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Amir Khan ducking Kell Brooks?

Brooks beat Porter and it was Porter who was spoiling in his own country. If it was in UK Brook would have won with ease.

My point is Khan does not want to fight a puncher.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I really don't get all the Brook hype to be honest?
    he's a decent fighter but Was lucky against Porter and only just nicked that.
    Porter is just a hyped up brawler at the end of the day.
    Very narrowly beating Porter on points proves nothing at all, I like Brook but he's still massively untested if we look at him honestly!
    Best that Hearn waits to see what happens with Jojo before opening the barn door and I have no idea what fight you watched. Brook beat the piss out of Porter. The same Porter that beat the piss out of the guy Khan just beat the piss out of. So why the call on hype over Brook? Seems to me Khan is the one getting the extra miles out of that showing. To be clear I was thoroughly impressed with Khan and he almost looked reborn against Devon and Brook looked every bit as good against Porter. I think Brook will stop Khan in a very competitive fight and I kind of think Khan knows it.

Eddie Hearn hopes Amir Khan and Kell Brook will fight this summer | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Do me a favour FFS

Have you actually watched Brook v Porter?

"Beat the piss out of Porter"...?

Did he fuck - that result could have gone either way being in the USA

I had Brook by 2 rounds at a push, you've only got to look at how the Whole Brook camp including Hearn reacted to the result to realise even they knew it could have gone either way

I don't think Brook lays a glove on Khan in a one sided points massacre and like i said earlier i see it as an easy fight for Khan.

Notice how Brook has gone VERY quiet since Khans display against Alexander?

Not so mouthy since then is he
    Hey go fuck yourself because I dont give a shit whether Brook lives in a part of England you dont like or cheers for a different fucking footy team then u do. Yeah I watched the fuckin fight and Brook kicked the shit out of him. You most likely went and read Daves card. I cant compensate for your myopic view. The fact that you call Brook a hype job and dont say the same about Khan says it all.

Ok so who has Brook beaten that can impress everyone compared to Khan who's beaten Judah, Maidana, Collazo, Alexander, Malignagi ...? And only lost by a split descision to Peterson who was on Steroids!!!!

Remember Porter was and is over rated dogshit
    Last edited by smashup; 02-28-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think brook was a clear winner in the porter fight.

Khan is a far better fighter and will be the A side in that fight so perhaps he doesn't want to give brook a big payday..now he knows how mayweather feels..

Will khan ever fight a big puncher again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IMO Amir Khan is a good boxing but what puts him at the top of the ladder in welterweight? At least americans really dont give a shit if he ever fights in US. He should clear TRY and clear out the division he's young and then his name will be in demand. He really should fight Kell Brooks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's the most natural fight in the world.

Khan can talk all he likes about Brook not being at his level (which isn't true btw), but Brook has the one thing he craves, a 'world' title belt at 147.

If he is so confident about beating Brook, fight him, beat him & then he can go into a negotiations for a potential bout with Floyd Mayweather Jr, unless Manny wins, then we'll have to wait another 6 years for the two of them to negotiate terms for a rematch.
    The legend of Drederick Tatum!Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I really don't get all the Brook hype to be honest?
    he's a decent fighter but Was lucky against Porter and only just nicked that.
    Porter is just a hyped up brawler at the end of the day.
    Very narrowly beating Porter on points proves nothing at all, I like Brook but he's still massively untested if we look at him honestly!
    Best that Hearn waits to see what happens with Jojo before opening the barn door and I have no idea what fight you watched. Brook beat the piss out of Porter. The same Porter that beat the piss out of the guy Khan just beat the piss out of. So why the call on hype over Brook? Seems to me Khan is the one getting the extra miles out of that showing. To be clear I was thoroughly impressed with Khan and he almost looked reborn against Devon and Brook looked every bit as good against Porter. I think Brook will stop Khan in a very competitive fight and I kind of think Khan knows it.

Eddie Hearn hopes Amir Khan and Kell Brook will fight this summer | Boxing News | Sky Sports

Do me a favour FFS

Have you actually watched Brook v Porter?

"Beat the piss out of Porter"...?

Did he fuck - that result could have gone either way being in the USA

I had Brook by 2 rounds at a push, you've only got to look at how the Whole Brook camp including Hearn reacted to the result to realise even they knew it could have gone either way

I don't think Brook lays a glove on Khan in a one sided points massacre and like i said earlier i see it as an easy fight for Khan.

Notice how Brook has gone VERY quiet since Khans display against Alexander?

Not so mouthy since then is he
    Hey go fuck yourself because I dont give a shit whether Brook lives in a part of England you dont like or cheers for a different fucking footy team then u do. Yeah I watched the fuckin fight and Brook kicked the shit out of him. You most likely went and read Daves card. I cant compensate for your myopic view. The fact that you call Brook a hype job and dont say the same about Khan says it all.
    I'd say Brook won with a convincing performance, he stayed calm and took care of business.
    Porter on the other hand fought a stupid fight, trying to give us what turned out to be a pathetic and comical imitation of Mike Tyson's fighting style. Whoever came up with that nonsense should get a swift kick to the butt.
    I'll never get the image of Porter bouncing from foot to foot in an attempt to look like Mike Tyson but instead looking like a drunk speed skater.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Porter bashed up Alexander before Khan did. You can't say Brook's win means nothing - Porter is shit - then give Khan credit for beating Alexander. Porter bashed the living shit out of Malignaggi too. So there's another Khan win not worth mentioning. Lets have some consistency.

Brook is the reason Porter looked pony. Excellent fundamentals, bulldozer jab, vicious righthand and probably the strongest welter in the world.

The Khan fight will be brilliant.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wanted to see Porter win but I think Brook clearly won that fight. I like Khan a lot more since he stopped his showboating but I'd much like to see him fight someone like Brook. Oh and getting a lot of accolades for his Alexander win, and good for him, but it was a one way fight and a poor style matchup. I'd love to see him in a more competitive fight, he's calling out the best in the world, why not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He is kind of. I get the sense that khan believes he's better than Brook for fighting in the states more often. He does deserve some credit for that because he was fighting during all that time that brook was languishing with injuries and whatever other reasons he had not fighting.

When it comes down to skills though, from the porter fight alone, I think brook has an arsenal of sneaky counters that khan really wont see coming. I think Khan knows that brook isn't afraid to stand in front and counter and slip. That means he may be more trouble than hes worth. I think Khan figures if hes going to go through that much trouble and victory isnt assured, he wants more credit/credit and money for trying and its better to get countered and schooled by someone like mayweather.

Truth be told, brook needs to fight whoever every 3 months now and stay consistent. One fight back and he gets stabbed after winning and is out. He doesn't have enough time in the ring to build his brand. So in a way khans right about the name but its also happens to be a convenient excuse for not fighting someone who can give him hell.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They will definitely fight but it's always gonna be there and will always sell because they are two Brit fighters who dislike each other, i said before Brook is a decent fighter but i don't rate Porter and never did, just a wild swinging brawler with little else going for him.

Let's not cum in our pants because Brook gained a narrow win over someone like Porter let's see Brook beat some live fighters see what we think then.

He's done very little to prove himself and the IBF route he took was the easiest one possible to get a title.

Khan 4 plus years ago would have most likely been knocked out but Khan under Hunter schools him easily on points.

No One knows yet what effect nearly having your leg carved off will have on Brook both physically but more importantly metally so let's wait and see.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

They will definitely fight but it's always gonna be there and will always sell because they are two Brit fighters who dislike each other, i said before Brook is a decent fighter but i don't rate Porter and never did, just a wild swinging brawler with little else going for him.

Let's not cum in our pants because Brook gained a narrow win over someone like Porter let's see Brook beat some live fighters and see what we think then.

He's done very little to prove himself and the IBF route he took was the easiest one possible to get a title.

Khan 4 plus years ago would have most likely been knocked out but Khan under Hunter schools him easily on points.

No One knows yet what effect nearly having your leg carved off will have on Brook both physically but more importantly metally so let's wait and see.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's not cum in our pants because Brook gained a narrow win over someone like Porter let's see Brook beat some live fighters and see what we think then.

I'm not bashing whether or not Brook can give Khan problems based on the win over porter but on the style, punches he handed and that he wasn't run out of the ring under pressure. Based on the crude shots that have caught and hurt Khan (from Garcia, Prescott, maidana and others) he's there to be had. He's improved mostly under Virgil hill but that last fight against collazo leads me to believe his footwork regressed a bit. He started that kangaroo hop stuff in patches. There's just certain punches Khan never sees because hes too in love with his own offense to worry about them. Its unfortunate that you can teach patience but instinct is a hard thing to change. Brook based on his style and the opportunities he takes advantage of, has a more than decent chance of landing those shots.
    I would agree on Brooks comeback from the injury, but brook strikes me as a primadonna so he probably wouldn't be up for a fight at all if he had so much as a paper cut. So I think hes probably fully recovered if hes looking for the fight.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Porter bashed up Alexander before Khan did. You can't say Brook's win means nothing - Porter is shit - then give Khan credit for beating Alexander. Porter bashed the living shit out of Malignaggi too. So there's another Khan win not worth mentioning. Lets have some consistency.

Brook is the reason Porter looked pony. Excellent fundamentals, bulldozer jab, vicious righthand and probably the strongest welter in the world.

The Khan fight will be brilliant.

Im not just giving Khan credit for the single Alexander peformance i'm giving him credit for beating Alexander and Judah, Maidana, Collazo, Malignagi and even Barrera if we need to name drop

What i'm saying is Brook to a certain extent is yet to prove to me that he can or could do the same and in the other fighters back yard time and time again.

Until then i can't judge him on a fight i saw as very close against a one dimensional wanna be Tyson

From what i personally have seen of both so far Khan easily spanks him on points and is Brook gonna be the same fighter after what he's been through?

I don't think too many people realise what he actually went through the night of that attack - like something out of a horror movie and would seriously fuck most people up mentally (the guy befriended him and they got on well for hours drinking beer etc then just turned psycho and near on tortured him in a horrific machette attack which Brook very nearly died from)

I think Khan fights Bradley next anyway then looks to a Brook fight in late Autumn - October time after Ramadan which this year finishes mid July.

And yeah it won't be anything but a belter of a fight and providing neither man loses in their next fights should easily fill a stadium
    Last edited by smashup; 03-02-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might even be on ITV

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Might even be on ITV
    Would not be a bad thing. Both fighters will be household names and be remembered like Benn and Eubanks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information