Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will Bryant Jennings do the job? Analysis!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Will Bryant Jennings do the job? Analysis!

The question of whether or not Bryant Jennings (19-0) will be able to last the entire fight with the champion Wladimir Klitschko seems to be the question that dominates conversations.

It's sad that we have to talk about a "supposedly" major heavyweight title fight, relatively speaking, in terms of the challenger just being another notch on Wlad's belt. Well, it's just a testament to how dominant Wlad has been and really is.

Since Wlad's dismantling and abuse of former unbeaten challenger, Kubrat Pulev, it seems as if Wlad will retire as champion. We give him that too. Wlad is the best out there, by far and has beaten the best out there from what we have analysed- with the best being Kubrat Pulev.

So, the discussion of Jennings being competition really seems as idle chatter. Of course, Jennings is an American. And by far, by our standards, the best American heavyweight out there. Even better than newly crowned WBC champion, Deontay "The Bronze Bomber" Wilder. But being one of the best American heavyweights these days really isn't saying much.

Jennings, in our opinion, cannot do the job. We just don't see it. He is athletic, has talent, can take a moderate punch and can box a little plus, and the big plus for him, is that he has endurance. But, the champion he is facing in Wladimir Klitschko has all of that. Plus, Wlad has the extra factor- HE HITS HARD!!

Even with regard to the issue of taking a moderate punch, Wlad's punch resistance doesn't come into the situation anymore because his defence has gotten 100 times better than the last time he got knocked out by Lamon Brewster. He went down in the Samuel Peters fight three times, got back up and fought back.

The question of Jennings putting up a decent performance, and not necessarily saying that this would be his keys to victory, hinges on several factors:

1. Will Jennings get tired in the middle rounds and quit? Wlad will lean on him and hit him in the face. Will Jennings tire out and give up? The odds say that he is well conditioned, so it won't be a conditioning factor. It will all depend on if Jennings get tired of being hit in the face and jaw!

2. Defence. Can Jennings block more than half of Wlad's shots? He can. He keeps his hands up. Aside from being well conditioned with regard to his cardio-vascular conditioning, he is in tremendous shape muscle wise and treats his body well. Keeping his hands up will be key!

3. Can Jennings fight on the outside? Yes, can he? We know he is much smaller than Wlad, so the conventional wisdom would be for Jennings to burrow in to the inside. But we know that's what Wlad wants so he can lean on you and put his weight down on your back. Can Jennings win an outside fight, take moderate risks and take a few rips to the jaw and face and still hit Wlad back? And remain on the outside? Haye tried that... and it didn't work. It just did not work!

Coupled with point #2 on his defence, his last fight against the undefeated prospect Mike Perez showed that he can fight on the back foot and back hip. But he won a close split decision, and clearly Perez is no Wladimir Klitschko- although he has some technical skills.

4. Can Jennings stop Wlad from coming forward? The answer is flat out- NO! He does not have the power. Jennings is not a power-puncher, he is a volume puncher. A volume puncher in punch combinations, which aren't all that fast, but good enough. But what if he summons up some strength to keep Wlad off of him? The early rounds will tell us!

All in all, Jennings has a tough task. It's him in the ring, and the intangibles like OPPORTUNITY do factor in. Who knows what Wlad will come into the ring on fight night looking like, feeling like, and willing to open up and give Jennings something to swing for the fences on? Who knows?

But, the odds are severely stacked against Jennings. Clearly!
    Last edited by ykdadamaja; 03-02-2015 at 03:04 AM.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Bryant Jennings do the job? Analysis!

If jennings can swtich to southpaw for this fight I don't see how he can lose :S

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    If jennings can swtich to southpaw for this fight I don't see how he can lose :S
    lolol.....

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad will be beaten by nobody except Deontay! And that's WORD
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Wlad will be beaten by nobody except Deontay! And that's WORD
    Meh.....I mean Deontay has as good of a chance as anyone given his power and range, but I would throw Anthony Joshua's name in there or at least get close to doing that as he looks like he has the goods.

That said I expect Wlad to retire as champion

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I don't think that Jennings has any boxing chance or even a punchers chance for that matter.

He seems simply tailor made for Klitschko to be able to beat, and to be able to beat easily.

I don't think he has the chin to be able to see out the rounds.

Pulev was a better boxer, stronger and harder chinned and dimensionally larger and couldn't make the distance.

Smart money says it's another KO victory for Wladimir.

I just want guys like Fury and Wilder to sort themselves out so that Wladimir can clean out the division for 1 last time before he retires.

With Jennings and the winner of Fury/Wilder on his belt, should he retire, even the staunchest critics would fail to make any dent in his resume being the GOAT.
    "Enough with the games mate! Your messing with the Grand Master!"

Lennox Lewis

El Kabong Guest

Bryant Jennings is extremely gifted as a boxer/athlete, but I don't see the danger from him. He's got good/above average hand speed and footwork, his power is dodgy I've seen it work vs Tupou and then I've seen it be average at times. I think Jennings' power is mostly from his hand speed and angles rather than the weight of the punch, it's more of a surprise than a concussive blow and who knows maybe he can land on Wlad but that is unlikely seeing how so many fighters simply haven't been able to.

Jennings has a great style for a heavyweight division sans Klitschko, but the style he has seems suited for Wlad. Jennings is used to fighting in a gunslinger style, low lead, lots of flashy moves feints trying to draw fire to return fire with rapid counter punches....Wlad knows the drill on that kind of fighter: fight within yourself, control pace & distance with the jab, punish with the 1-2, force the counter puncher to try and lead and capitalize on his not being used to that, and when there is hesitation to lead score points with the jab, when they open up AND you are in position drop the right cross or left hook on him and it'll clam him up once he feels the repeated blows, defense and clinching will serve to further frustrate and kill the will of Jennings....end of fight by stoppage/KO. But hey it's only been happening for 10 years going, maybe I'll be wrong this time.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Jennings can win and be a real life Rocky but he is too small and does not punch hard enough.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Well I don't think that Jennings has any boxing chance or even a punchers chance for that matter.

He seems simply tailor made for Klitschko to be able to beat, and to be able to beat easily.

Pulev was a better boxer, stronger and harder chinned and dimensionally larger and couldn't make the distance.

I just want guys like Fury and Wilder to sort themselves out so that Wladimir can clean out the division for 1 last time before he retires.

With Jennings and the winner of Fury/Wilder on his belt, should he retire, even the staunchest critics would fail to make any dent in his resume being the GOAT.
    You are dreaming sir, Wlad is riding this sled to the very end. He wants that record. IMO

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I hope Jennings can win and be a real life Rocky but he is too small and does not punch hard enough.
    Yet at 6'3", 226lbs, freakish reach and ripped to shreds he is a physical monster compared with your old favourites.

But he's "too small". The irony here is amazing.

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

You are dreaming sir, Wlad is riding this sled to the very end. He wants that record. IMO
    Riding what sled?

He's consistently fought the best opponents with only a few "rest matches" in between compared with almost any other boxer.

Bryant Jennings is an undefeated fighter with recent win over Perez, another top boxer and rated in the top 10 by every sanctioning body.

Trying to say he's taking the easy road or something.

Your implying Fury or Wilder would finish him right?

He already beat Povetkin and Pulev recently- worth 2ce what either Fury or Wilder are. As if for a second he would hesitate to knock either man out, even at his 40th birthday!

Lennox Lewis

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet at 6'3", 226lbs, freakish reach and ripped to shreds he is a physical monster compared with your old favourites.

Punching power does not equate to weight no matter their size.

He also does not have height and reach to outbox Wlad.

What is there not to understand? Do you want me to draw it for you.?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Punching power does not equate to weight no matter their size.

He also does not have height and reach to outbox Wlad.

What is there not to understand? Do you want me to draw it for you.?
    Wait til Wlad hits him flush in the face. lololol.... I don't think we appreciate how THUDDING Wlad's shots are.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

Riding what sled?

He's consistently fought the best opponents with only a few "rest matches" in between compared with almost any other boxer.

Bryant Jennings is an undefeated fighter with recent win over Perez, another top boxer and rated in the top 10 by every sanctioning body.

Trying to say he's taking the easy road or something.

Your implying Fury or Wilder would finish him right?

He already beat Povetkin and Pulev recently- worth 2ce what either Fury or Wilder are. As if for a second he would hesitate to knock either man out, even at his 40th birthday!
    That's what I'm saying, Wlad is staying right where he is, and will keep fighting until he has that record for most defenses or he gets beaten.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wish Jennings all the luck in the world, I hope he wins or at the very least goes the distance, really!
    He's going to be facing the most experienced fighter he's ever been in with, who is a good boxer, and a more than adequate puncher. I just remembered, Wald is the bigger man, and knows all about using that size. Good luck, Mr Jennings!

Thread Information