Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Fly- Now that Ruenroeng has upset the apple cart perhaps 112 gets a little shine that is long over due. Not sure what Gonzalez is going to do as he got some pretty easy work for his entry to 115. That’s a nice unification fight with Ruenroeng. Sosa has also worked his way back into the picture. If Gonzalez goes back down he will continue to shine there with little fanfare. Its an odd feeling but for his sake I kind of hope he gets asked to join one of the new kids in the block.

115 is pretty stacked. I think Inoue will remain the class of that div along with Tete as competitive as it is and if Gonzalez hangs around those are mouthwatering matchups.

Jumping to 122 , that division has not been this stacked for over a decade. Frampton. Rigo, Quigg and Cruz along with a tremendous supporting cast. Lets hope at least one of those possible pairings get made. At least 4 to 6 guys that could really shine. One of if not the most competitive division in boxing.

Feather has an animal. Release the Kraken. It’s another deep division as long as none of them go near Nicolas Walters. He may have to move up. Even if they give this kid their lunch money he’s still going to shine. I think Russell Jr will get back on track and Loma is also a standout.You start talking a melding of 122 and 126 and the matchups are incredible.

130/135 is looking a little transitional. Garcia seems in perpetual limbo and Crawford has moved up leaving a bit of a void. Don’t see anything spectacular coming out of the woodwork this year.

At 140 we have Crawford moving up which means Garcia will also. I think once Terrance gets rolling he will be the shining example for that division which has very marketable fights but has also slowed.

I think Brook is the class of 147. I’m not even going to include the other two fighting in May. I think Kell will shine but I also think Jojo is really going to test him. Once he gets this first defense out of the way I think it’s a pretty smooth ride for Kell no matter who they put in front of him. Him and Khan at the end of 2015 would be huge.

At 154 its pretty stacked up top. Andrade looks the goods but I think it will be Jermell Charlo’s year or is that Jermall? Both twins will come into their own this year with Jermell being the standout.

I’ll stop there because if I venture into 160/168 it will be my cynicism that shines on through.
    Great stuff and perfect place to stop. 160 and up is and has been a joke for a good long time.
    Can't get the fights at 160, 168, 175 and who cares from there up because there isn't enough quality competition.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who will shine in 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Fly- Now that Ruenroeng has upset the apple cart perhaps 112 gets a little shine that is long over due. Not sure what Gonzalez is going to do as he got some pretty easy work for his entry to 115. That’s a nice unification fight with Ruenroeng. Sosa has also worked his way back into the picture. If Gonzalez goes back down he will continue to shine there with little fanfare. Its an odd feeling but for his sake I kind of hope he gets asked to join one of the new kids in the block.

115 is pretty stacked. I think Inoue will remain the class of that div along with Tete as competitive as it is and if Gonzalez hangs around those are mouthwatering matchups.

Jumping to 122 , that division has not been this stacked for over a decade. Frampton. Rigo, Quigg and Cruz along with a tremendous supporting cast. Lets hope at least one of those possible pairings get made. At least 4 to 6 guys that could really shine. One of if not the most competitive division in boxing.

Feather has an animal. Release the Kraken. It’s another deep division as long as none of them go near Nicolas Walters. He may have to move up. Even if they give this kid their lunch money he’s still going to shine. I think Russell Jr will get back on track and Loma is also a standout.You start talking a melding of 122 and 126 and the matchups are incredible.

130/135 is looking a little transitional. Garcia seems in perpetual limbo and Crawford has moved up leaving a bit of a void. Don’t see anything spectacular coming out of the woodwork this year.

At 140 we have Crawford moving up which means Garcia will also. I think once Terrance gets rolling he will be the shining example for that division which has very marketable fights but has also slowed.

I think Brook is the class of 147. I’m not even going to include the other two fighting in May. I think Kell will shine but I also think Jojo is really going to test him. Once he gets this first defense out of the way I think it’s a pretty smooth ride for Kell no matter who they put in front of him. Him and Khan at the end of 2015 would be huge.

At 154 its pretty stacked up top. Andrade looks the goods but I think it will be Jermell Charlo’s year or is that Jermall? Both twins will come into their own this year with Jermell being the standout.

I’ll stop there because if I venture into 160/168 it will be my cynicism that shines on through.
    Great stuff and perfect place to stop. 160 and up is and has been a joke for a good long time.
    Can't get the fights at 160, 168, 175 and who cares from there up because there isn't enough quality competition.
    Great stuff...yeah it is...

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Agree about Terence Crawford, except I think he will be competing all year at light Welter. He won't get beat this year, although he may not get to fight Danny Garcia. Probably Dulorme then Algieri.
    Nicholas Walters - will mop up anyone prepared to fight him at FW And looking at the size of him, he must move up to Super FW and do the same.
    Kovalev - he'll take the Canadian Dollars all year long. First by beating Pascal, and then Adonis will be forced to fight him and that could end up very messy for "Superman".
    It's amazing that after that one shitty set up with Garcia fighting Salka, after Garcia had a shitty outing with Herrera, we forgot that Danny Garcia can fight AND think more about the politics being in the way of him being one to "shine".

Maybe Garcia is an overchiever? Surpassing expectations. Just curious why he is fighting Peterson @ catchweight.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Almost 1/2 way through the year.
    Benavidez has fought & won.
    I stated Canelo beats Kirkland which raised his stock this year.
    Also predicted Wilder would look good this year, had the wrong guy he would fight.
    Stated Crawford will shine without major promoters showcasing him as a potential great.

Ykdadamaja pointed out to me that quillen's pro camp stays away from ggg.after Andy Lee made him look ordinary ggg has to look elsewhere.
    That leaves me with Andre Dirrell to shine over Degale & Andrade has six months left to do something big.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    I think GGG vs Quillen is put on the back burner as Quillen will fight Andy Lee and should have an easy time with Andy.

Wlad smashes Jennings, but before the year's over Jennings gets a solid W under his belt maybe in a Friday Night Fight vs some bum.

Wilder and Fury will more than likely remain inactive waiting for Wladimir.

James Kirkland's career finally ends as Canelo whups him and it will be a prolonged beating.
    Good call on Kirkland losing in a career ending ko.
    Expected wlad over Jennings as well.
    I am as surprised as you probably was with Lee shall I say: exposing quillen?
    I was never sold on Peter but didn't think he'd have problems with Andy Lee.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Crawford, Thurman, and Kovalev

Verdejo's next fight is gonna be his big moment and next year will be the year of Verdejo, he's the NBT

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder is active -talk down his KO over a nobody all ya'll want. America knows who Wilder is.

Arreola will lose in grand fashion to wilder. The hardcore fans will piss on Wilder for how long it took to win- and/or micro manage any shot he gets hit with- while the casual fans by the millions will clamor for America's new HW champ!

Kudos to Degale. Both Dirrell brothers have been knocked out of popular contentions. No one needs either brother to make a splash.

Canelo vs Cotto will be a shining moment for boxing. A cotto loss wont mean his time was over anymore than a Canelo loss would mean he just cant box that well. Sometimes a fighter takes a loss because there was a better man; no shame in this loss, no excuses should be given. The better fighter wins this.

Where are you Benavidez?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Years end.
    Good call Power puncher. Charlo brothers had a great year, one title winner.

My luck for Jose is 50/50. No breakout year but he did get a belt. Boxrec has him fighting in weeks. 23-0.

Wilder got his belt as well, another decent call I made.

Picked GGG to have a breakout year. Thought he would expose Quillen, but Andy Lee beat him to it.

Andrade, WTF...just laying low.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Years end.
    Good call Power puncher. Charlo brothers had a great year, one title winner.

My luck for Jose is 50/50. No breakout year but he did get a belt. Boxrec has him fighting in weeks. 23-0.

Wilder got his belt as well, another decent call I made.

Picked GGG to have a breakout year. Thought he would expose Quillen, but Andy Lee beat him to it.

Andrade, WTF...just laying low.
    Nice call by me

Did anybody call fury having a huge year?

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by slimtrae View Post
    years end.
    good call power puncher. Charlo brothers had a great year, one title winner.

my luck for jose is 50/50. No breakout year but he did get a belt. Boxrec has him fighting in weeks. 23-0.

Wilder got his belt as well, another decent call i made.

Picked ggg to have a breakout year. Thought he would expose quillen, but andy lee beat him to it.

Andrade, wtf...just laying low.
    nice call by me

did anybody call fury having a huge year?
    lol.

Thread Information