Hay mon! (w/jamaican accent)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Al Haymon's BS!

Haymon has no choice but to give the public what it wants now. If he doesn't attract eyeballs his boxing business will go down the toilet. It's definitely going to be interesting for the next couple of years.

jon09 Guest

The Heavy Bag » Al Haymon, Enemy Of The Sport An old read but still interesting and where there is smoke there is fire.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Al is bringing free boxing on TV be happy and not skeptical.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think like others have stated we have to wait and see. Sure he wasn't eager to make big fights when everyone could get paid for nothing. But he put it all on the line, if he doesn't keep getting ratings he's in trouble. How do you get ratings, you give people what they want to see.

I think he was ultra conservative while he prepared his real plan and now things will change. At least I hope so. He has multiple cards put together that I am looking forward to and I'm not paying for them. I like both aspects to that.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think hes planning to turn boxing into UFC. He will have a huge stable of boxers with a lot of champs. If you want to fight one you have to sign up with him. Hopefully he will make the best fight the best and a few losses wont mean the end of your career. I think it would be good for boxing in the long term

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone is going to have their negatives but with Haymon what I have seen so far is that his fighters are getting paid a bigger % of the gross, and he's actually investing money into growing the sport. Boxing has been sucked dry by greedy scumbags who just moved from PPV to PPV like a travelling carnival, putting on garbage fights and not giving a shit about the sport as long as their bottom line was fine. At least Haymon is making moves and trying to increase the mainstream presence of boxing to what it once was.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Hay mon! (w/jamaican accent)
    Can't I have any fun?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All I want is good match ups that hopefully lead to good fights. The debut, on paper at least, had all the potential to deliver. One was a bust..one was entertaining. It was on 'free' tv and you cannot beat that but he is not some messiah as boxing and many of his fighters came up on already easy to access ESPN, Unimas, Fox, etc. Its clear why he has stockpiled so many guys who run the gamut from superstars to ones on the otherside. His next card looks more stacked for favorite Porter as Garcia was lucky to get nod v Prescott and can't be missed. Berto v Lopez is between two used up guys and one where he can push the winner in role as opponent no matter who it is. PPV has been loaded dice for decades now and wins only win you pay. We'll see how it plays out. Its more exposure and generates interest in the sport. That has to be a win in the big picture.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I guess we all can't have our cake and eat it too. Sighs... we will never have the perfect promoter. Haymon is playing the future, and has probably done more to bring casual fans back into boxing than Arum/King/Kushner/Goosen combined.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I read he serves as promoter and as manager for some fighters? I vaguely recall reading the was prohibited in boxing. If it's true for his new start-up, I wonder how long he will go until the Fed's shut him down? I couldn't even find a company website I think the dude is suspect. I foresee some slick more to get out after a buildup.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haymon's report card:
    Fights scheduled A-
    Fight results A-

Not Haymon's fault that Molina delivered such a subpar performance. Broner isn't very swift of foot, so he was there to be had. Good win for Broner, so-so performance for fight fans.

Thurman delivered & showed how limited Guererro's skill set is, yet Ghost managed to get some shots in. Final fight saved the first telecast.

Bika not worthy of a title shot- but I figured he would help to deliver a fan-friendly bout; He did. Stevenson gave the viewers a couple of knockdowns and even tired enuff to let Bika land some solid shots. I enjoyed the fight.

Garcia & Peterson along with Quillen & Lee are fights definately not PPV warranted. But free tv? Oh, yeah. For sports fans like me who likes American Football -(season not in yet) what a refreshing sight to see boxing scheduled in advance.

Haymon's BS, is now turnining to Haymon's Brilliant Shows!

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quillen wins a technical fight UD.
    Garcia vs Peterson I can't say. Garcia should win, but he isnt a sweet sciene fighter or a high volume puncher- those 2 styles can beat Lamont.

But if Danny isnt using angles, footwork, sturdy and steady dose of jabs- but instead is relying on power: I think it makes for an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Everyone is going to have their negatives but with Haymon what I have seen so far is that his fighters are getting paid a bigger % of the gross, and he's actually investing money into growing the sport. Boxing has been sucked dry by greedy scumbags who just moved from PPV to PPV like a travelling carnival, putting on garbage fights and not giving a shit about the sport as long as their bottom line was fine. At least Haymon is making moves and trying to increase the mainstream presence of boxing to what it once was.
    Amen

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Haymon's report card:
    Fights scheduled A-
    Fight results A-

Not Haymon's fault that Molina delivered such a subpar performance. Broner isn't very swift of foot, so he was there to be had. Good win for Broner, so-so performance for fight fans.

Thurman delivered & showed how limited Guererro's skill set is, yet Ghost managed to get some shots in. Final fight saved the first telecast.

Bika not worthy of a title shot- but I figured he would help to deliver a fan-friendly bout; He did. Stevenson gave the viewers a couple of knockdowns and even tired enuff to let Bika land some solid shots. I enjoyed the fight.

Garcia & Peterson along with Quillen & Lee are fights definately not PPV warranted. But free tv? Oh, yeah. For sports fans like me who likes American Football -(season not in yet) what a refreshing sight to see boxing scheduled in advance.

Haymon's BS, is now turnining to Haymon's Brilliant Shows!
    I agree, with the exception of the Stevenson/Bika fight. Haymon is delivering excellent cards and I hope they continue.

Thread Information