232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: GGG takes on Monroe Jr

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    GGG is a piece of crap. He doesn't want any big fights nobody is ducking him at all
    It's such a pity you are not actually fighting him.
    Are you saying I wouldn't beat him?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvid_85 View Post
    For Golovkin its good, because he build his own career by being busy and putting another title defence in the history books. People are so focused on that he should chase this and that "A-level"boxer, instead of letting them come crawling when the pressure from fans are too severe on the glamourous primadonnas. History will always tell about inactivity, and ducking real threat hurt careers. GGG pummels on and defends his championship like the champion he is. Let him do that, because in this game you are not considered old at 30 anymore.
    That's good because GGG isn't 30 anymore. He'll be 33 before his next fight. He'll get a record, good for him. But if he wants to be remembered as a great he has to beat great fighters, that's how it works.
    He will bid his time and pile up those defences, that will enhance his greatness. And fight by fight he will come closer to those defining moments where he will be judged. Not getting those superfights immediatly will only benefit for him.
    That entire post is wrong. And this mentality is awful. Sport is about competition.

And another poster mentioned "ruling like Hagler, Monzon, and Hopkins" it's not the same, they fought the best. I like GGG but I absolutely hate what is happening. People are turning a blind eye to the fact his handlers aren't even really trying to make big fights. They are using his busy schedule as a cover. We want to fight in May, why? If there is no meaningful fight in May, why? By the time he has his fight people will be locked up again. Why not stay available and push for a meaningful fight? It's a matter of what is better 3 5 million dollar fights or 5 3 million dollar fights. It's the same to his promoter. It's great for meaningless records like title defenses(great, you beat 20 inferior opponents so do most people on the way up) but what is lost is the 3 *GOOD* fights. Boxing fans seem to think these days that KOs mean excitement, that's f'n sad. Excitement should come from top quality competition. 4 years this man has been champ "cleaning out" this division. It is not clean, he has more trinkets, he gets paid more, but where are the significant fights? Down the road, I remember everyone saying that 2 years ago, and last year, now we're 2 fights into this year. Pay attention to what's happening people.
    What are the big fightsthat his handlers aren't making? I don't see any fights that he's avoiding at 160. I actually think that he has faced or is facing the best at 160.

If you want him to move up in weight, do you apply the same logic to Andre Ward? He cleaned out the super middleweight division when he beat the Carl Froch in 2011. That's literally more than 4 year ago!

As to Hopkins, he's considered by most to be a great middleweight, what were his big wins at 160? Tito and Oscar coming up in weight? What's the difference with that and wanting to face Cotto coming up in weight? In fact, I would argue that the wins over Tito and Oscar are what brought Hopkins into the realm of top dogs in boxing. Hopkins' reign at middleweight consisted of the likes of Mercado and Carl Daniels, capable foes, but no better that Murray and Geale.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG is a piece of crap. He doesn't want any big fights nobody is ducking him at all
    I would be surprised to see you beating an egg.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be surprised to see you beating an egg.
    1st of all I'm a good cook. 2nd of all I have to start with EGG before I can go to GGG.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Cotto has to fight him soon. then he will be declared lineal champion and he can move on.
    ill be extremely surprised if cotto ever fights GGG
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So his trainer is arrested with possession and intent to distribute methamphetamines As if Monroe jr needed more distractions than the two hammers Golovkin will be throwing his way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Cotto has to fight him soon. then he will be declared lineal champion and he can move on.
    ill be extremely surprised if cotto ever fights GGG
    Or Quillan or anybody at 160.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    For Golovkin its good, because he build his own career by being busy and putting another title defence in the history books. People are so focused on that he should chase this and that "A-level"boxer, instead of letting them come crawling when the pressure from fans are too severe on the glamourous primadonnas. History will always tell about inactivity, and ducking real threat hurt careers. GGG pummels on and defends his championship like the champion he is. Let him do that, because in this game you are not considered old at 30 anymore.
    That's good because GGG isn't 30 anymore. He'll be 33 before his next fight. He'll get a record, good for him. But if he wants to be remembered as a great he has to beat great fighters, that's how it works.
    He will bid his time and pile up those defences, that will enhance his greatness. And fight by fight he will come closer to those defining moments where he will be judged. Not getting those superfights immediatly will only benefit for him.
    That entire post is wrong. And this mentality is awful. Sport is about competition.

And another poster mentioned "ruling like Hagler, Monzon, and Hopkins" it's not the same, they fought the best. I like GGG but I absolutely hate what is happening. People are turning a blind eye to the fact his handlers aren't even really trying to make big fights. They are using his busy schedule as a cover. We want to fight in May, why? If there is no meaningful fight in May, why? By the time he has his fight people will be locked up again. Why not stay available and push for a meaningful fight? It's a matter of what is better 3 5 million dollar fights or 5 3 million dollar fights. It's the same to his promoter. It's great for meaningless records like title defenses(great, you beat 20 inferior opponents so do most people on the way up) but what is lost is the 3 *GOOD* fights. Boxing fans seem to think these days that KOs mean excitement, that's f'n sad. Excitement should come from top quality competition. 4 years this man has been champ "cleaning out" this division. It is not clean, he has more trinkets, he gets paid more, but where are the significant fights? Down the road, I remember everyone saying that 2 years ago, and last year, now we're 2 fights into this year. Pay attention to what's happening people.
    What are the big fightsthat his handlers aren't making? I don't see any fights that he's avoiding at 160. I actually think that he has faced or is facing the best at 160.

If you want him to move up in weight, do you apply the same logic to Andre Ward? He cleaned out the super middleweight division when he beat the Carl Froch in 2011. That's literally more than 4 year ago!

As to Hopkins, he's considered by most to be a great middleweight, what were his big wins at 160? Tito and Oscar coming up in weight? What's the difference with that and wanting to face Cotto coming up in weight? In fact, I would argue that the wins over Tito and Oscar are what brought Hopkins into the realm of top dogs in boxing. Hopkins' reign at middleweight consisted of the likes of Mercado and Carl Daniels, capable foes, but no better that Murray and Geale.
    1) I have never said he is avoiding big fights. I am saying they aren't attempting to make big fights. There is a difference. They say we're fighting at X date at X venue and then look for who can fill the spot. They should look for the opponent and then get the appropriate date and venue. Because it is the opponent that matters. They are doing it backwards. We've already seen the venue cost him a better fight and the date cost him a couple better fights. Start with the OPPONENT!!!

2)Andre Ward should move up in weight. Right after he fights GGG. Why is every GGG fan so eager for Andre to get away?(you don't have to answer that I know the answer)
    But even at that you have it backwards again. Andre has had the big fights so he is allowed more leniency. Many seem to think there should be more leniency to those that haven't had big fights. That's wrong because THE SPORT IS ABOUT FIGHTS. After GGG has had his big fights he can do whatever he wants.

3)Oscar and Tito were significantly larger than Pac and Mayweather, or even Cotto. But I don't rate Hopkins as some great middleweight run either. I consider him a great MW fighter who lacked great MW fights. The same as I view GGG. Hopkins legend is from after MW really. When he was a diminished fighter but took on so many top guys. We don't know that GGG will last until 40+ he needs to do what he needs to do to get a big fighting he wants to be relevant 20 years from now. Don't pick a date and a venue and then look for whoever fits. Figure out who you want to fight and make it happen.

Why are some against this guy having a good fight? Please someone explain this He's good enough, let the man eat!!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

1) I have never said he is avoiding big fights. I am saying they aren't attempting to make big fights. There is a difference. They say we're fighting at X date at X venue and then look for who can fill the spot. They should look for the opponent and then get the appropriate date and venue. Because it is the opponent that matters. They are doing it backwards. We've already seen the venue cost him a better fight and the date cost him a couple better fights. Start with the OPPONENT!!!

2)Andre Ward should move up in weight. Right after he fights GGG. Why is every GGG fan so eager for Andre to get away?(you don't have to answer that I know the answer)
    But even at that you have it backwards again. Andre has had the big fights so he is allowed more leniency. Many seem to think there should be more leniency to those that haven't had big fights. That's wrong because THE SPORT IS ABOUT FIGHTS. After GGG has had his big fights he can do whatever he wants.

3)Oscar and Tito were significantly larger than Pac and Mayweather, or even Cotto. But I don't rate Hopkins as some great middleweight run either. I consider him a great MW fighter who lacked great MW fights. The same as I view GGG. Hopkins legend is from after MW really. When he was a diminished fighter but took on so many top guys. We don't know that GGG will last until 40+ he needs to do what he needs to do to get a big fighting he wants to be relevant 20 years from now. Don't pick a date and a venue and then look for whoever fits. Figure out who you want to fight and make it happen.

Why are some against this guy having a good fight? Please someone explain this He's good enough, let the man eat!!!
    GGG fans don't want to see him challenged because they NEED A HERO and don't want him to lose.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post

GGG fans don't want to see him challenged because they NEED A HERO and don't want him to lose.
    You can't blame GGG for the top guys not wanting to fight him Sturm avoided him, Martinez and now Cotto both never returned the call
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post

You can't blame GGG for the top guys not wanting to fight him Sturm avoided him, Martinez and now Cotto both never returned the call
    The "top guys" all suck just like eveybody else at 160,GGG included.

You can blame him for not taking any risks like other fighters.

Cotto is not a MW nor is he a threat...why you guys want to see Cotto vs Golovkin say a lot about you.

If GGG were American you'd be calling him a coward for not challenging himself and taking risks.
    Last edited by corvette; 04-10-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What annoys me about GGG is that his team is screaming for big fights against Junior, Froch, Canelo and Cotto. Really what they're saying is that they want big MONEY fights, not necessarily challenging fights. Not that those guys aren't great fighters, but there's a reason that Ward and Kovalev are left off that list.

There's an important distinction between money fights and fights that are good for increasing popularity and challenging fights, sometimes they overlap, but not always. If we're talking about money and fame, Cotto and Canelo are the way to go. There's no doubt about it. He builds his name most with wins over them.

Ward doesn't bring money to the table like those guys bring., and is a tougher style match-up for GGG. By the way, are we talking about the fight at 160, a catch weight, or at 168? I think at 168 there is too much size difference between the two and I think GGG will have a lot of problems with Ward's smothering because he won't be able to create the distance he needs to be effective. In other words, Ward will smother his power. At 164 or 160, it's more difficult to predict the outcome.

GGG versus Froch is a terrific fight, and pretty evenly matched to me. It also brings in good money.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason people are calling for GGG v Cotto is so that triple G can be called the real and undisputed middleweight champion in the history books.

GGG can then stomp on Quillin who has been hiding and listening to his dumb promoter and missed out on easy fights and good pay days.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only reason people are calling for GGG v Cotto is so that triple G can be called the real and undisputed middleweight champion in the history books.

GGG can then stomp on Quillin who has been hiding and listening to his dumb promoter and missed out on easy fights and good pay days.
    LOL @ history books.

Anybody with a sense of MW history has 0 respect for GGG's meager accomplishments.

If GGG is so good.....Why is the bar set so low for him........

"Stomp on Quillan"

Golovkin might be the one getting stomped.

Thread Information