Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Who has their ringside tickets already for Floyd/Manny?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who has their ringside tickets already for Floyd/Manny?

Who do you expect out of the celebrity bunch has their tickets already?

I'm certain Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Jack Nicholson and Mark Whalberg have their tickets already...

Who else do you suppose will be ringside for the fight who was able to shell out the money in time for seats?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who has their ringside tickets already for Floyd/Manny?

All the usual suspects will be there and I'm sure new faces. I think big boxing events are a big thing for celebrities because they remember all the biggest names in show business showing up to the big fights in the past, like Ali/Frazier 1, ect, so it's a status symbol to be seen at these big extravaganzas. I'm sure it will rival your standard award show for the number of A-listers there.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It goes to my point though that this fight is no longer about the common fan. This fight meant something to real boxing fans from 2008-2012 (before the JMM KO). Now it's a bunch of hoopla, they're conning everyone into believing that it's the fight of the century like it would have been 4/5 years ago, when in fact now it's two greats nearing the end of their careers trying to get that one last mega payday. I'm not paying a cent to either of those bums.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sylvester stallon and denzel Washington will probably be there. Do these a listers actually pay for there tickets ?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    It goes to my point though that this fight is no longer about the common fan. This fight meant something to real boxing fans from 2008-2012 (before the JMM KO). Now it's a bunch of hoopla, they're conning everyone into believing that it's the fight of the century like it would have been 4/5 years ago, when in fact now it's two greats nearing the end of their careers trying to get that one last mega payday. I'm not paying a cent to either of those bums.
    Boxing was never about the common man. Or it never started out with the common man in mind. It was always for toffs and the elites, gathered in the backroom of some pub, dressed in their finest, that came AND PAID MONEY to see the "fights".

If anything, boxing is getting back to it's roots with regard to the high-class and upper-class people attending in their finest. It was always a black tie affair.

I never was one for the jeans and t-shirt crowd at boxing events, especially in the front rows. It made the sport feel cheap and seedy.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Sylvester stallon and denzel Washington will probably be there. Do these a listers actually pay for there tickets ?
    Arum said NO ONE will get a free or complimentary ticket. And for the anticipation of this fight, no one, except for family members, and I mean immediate family members, parents, spouse or children, should get free tickets. It's just too damn expensive and people want seats too badly!

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Arum said NO ONE will get a free or complimentary ticket. And for the anticipation of this fight, no one, except for family members, and I mean immediate family members, parents, spouse or children, should get free tickets. It's just too damn expensive and people want seats too badly!
    Except Ronda Rousey. Apparently a 14 second destruction of an opponent in a different sport, earns you the prize of a free ticket so creepy old Uncle Bob can yammer in your ear all night about the wonders he could do for your career. Hope he talks his way into an armbar.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Except Ronda Rousey. Apparently a 14 second destruction of an opponent in a different sport, earns you the prize of a free ticket so creepy old Uncle Bob can yammer in your ear all night about the wonders he could do for your career. Hope he talks his way into an armbar.
    lolol... I think Rousey should stay in mma, but can see her dabbling a little with boxing in the off-time.

She has done more for mma than Jon Jones has, imo...

Hidden Content

Thread Information