Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default "Mayweather VS Pacquiao: A Technical Summary"

Hey guys. I wanted to share this video I made with the forum and hopefully get some good discussion out of it. It focuses on the different stylistic strengths and weaknesses of each fighter, their footwork against opposite-stance fighters, and the specific combinations and counters they might attempt come May 2nd. It's not the best edit job but hopefully there are enough ideas in there to get people thinking and talking.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: "Mayweather VS Pacquiao: A Technical Summary"

Nice vid and welcome to Saddo's.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great analysis. I'll appreciate the fight a little bit more now! Welcome to the forum.

El Kabong Guest

Fucking nice video man great analysis of both fighters, multiple strategies they utilize, and you used great examples to show it in action.

To me it looks as if Floyd has more strategic options at his disposal, but Pacquiao getting things right just a few times or even one time could spell the end for Floyd in this fight.

If Floyd does that highly aggressive high guard later in the fight then we could have ourselves a pure classic blood and guts match the likes of which we haven't seen since Corrales-Castillo I

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Fucking nice video man great analysis of both fighters, multiple strategies they utilize, and you used great examples to show it in action.

To me it looks as if Floyd has more strategic options at his disposal, but Pacquiao getting things right just a few times or even one time could spell the end for Floyd in this fight.

If Floyd does that highly aggressive high guard later in the fight then we could have ourselves a pure classic blood and guts match the likes of which we haven't seen since Corrales-Castillo I
    Clottey used a high guard and had Manny looking like he stopped train with his face.

Manny couldn't do shit...Clottey was paid not to.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty interesting.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Clottey used a high guard and had Manny looking like he stopped train with his face.

119-109, 119-109, 120-108 were the judges scorecards and other than a little mouse under his right eye Manny looked fine. Proof on the "Clottey was paid not to" Or are you just spouting off nonsense?

All I see is Manny Pacquiao beating the shit out of Clottey
    Last edited by El Kabong; 04-24-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

119-109, 119-109, 120-108 were the judges scorecards and other than a little mouse under his right eye Manny looked fine. Proof on the "Clottey was paid not to" Or are you just spouting off nonsense?
    I can't prove it....but Arum has been INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI for fixing fights...and Clottey didn't have to fight again for 3 years.

That fight was fishy as the dumpster behind Long John Silvers.

Look at Manny at the press conference.

Dude looked like he fell down an elevator shaft.

He was plenty fucked after the Cotto fight as well.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great video!
    Thanks for sharing!

El Kabong Guest

I can't prove it....but Arum has been INVESTIGATED BY THE FBI for fixing fights...and Clottey didn't have to fight again for 3 years.

Alright, so because Arum was investigated for fixing De la Hoya-Mosley II (where De la Hoya, a Top Rank fighter ended up losing...so I guess Bob Arum is stupid AND diabolical??), a few Butterbean fights (can hardly call that boxing), and Paez-Smith...and no charges ever got filed.

How was the fight "fishy"? Clottey didn't throw a lot of punches but he doesn't typically throw a lot of punches.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright, so because Arum was investigated for fixing De la Hoya-Mosley II (where De la Hoya, a Top Rank fighter ended up losing...so I guess Bob Arum is stupid AND diabolical??), a few Butterbean fights (can hardly call that boxing), and Paez-Smith...and no charges ever got filed.

How was the fight "fishy"? Clottey didn't throw a lot of punches but he doesn't typically throw a lot of punches.
    You Pactards still have faith in that crook.

His offices were raided as well.

Yes...Arum is diabolical.

El Kabong Guest

You Pactards still have faith in that crook.

His offices were raided as well.

Yes...Arum is diabolical.
    Yyyyyyeah I'm far from a "Pactard" actually I'm more of a Miguel Cotto fan than a fan of Pac or Floyd.

So how was the fight fishy again? Or must I ask someone else who will provide me with an answer?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Welcome and thanks for the video. The one thing hat seems to stand out which Marquez KO'd PAC-Man with in his last fight bothers me. Pac usually moves his head and lateral movement is good but he stays in front of his opponents too long sometimes and takes unnecessary risks as he did with Clottey. Most of Floyd's opponents make a large mistake, head hunting. Manny's switching from had to body as becomes necessary with his speed evens the odds for a few rounds but if anything wins this fight for either man it is consistent application of strategy and in Manny's case is his throwing so many punches a round consistently. In other words don't let him breathe, acknowledge those shoulder rolls and quickly throw sharp left hands often to the left because most right hand fighter have to set up that punch. Head hunting as most of Floyd s opponents forgot is the propensity to miss and miss often makes your best shots turn into arm punches. You have jelly rolls instead of biceps as the fight goes on. Like Rocky Marciano used to favor, hit what you see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by johnsebastianmiran View Post
    Welcome and thanks for the video. The one thing hat seems to stand out which Marquez KO'd PAC-Man with in his last fight bothers me. Pac usually moves his head and lateral movement is good but he stays in front of his opponents too long sometimes and takes unnecessary risks as he did with Clottey. Most of Floyd's opponents make a large mistake, head hunting. Manny's switching from had to body as becomes necessary with his speed evens the odds for a few rounds but if anything wins this fight for either man it is consistent application of strategy and in Manny's case is his throwing so many punches a round consistently. In other words don't let him breathe, acknowledge those shoulder rolls and quickly throw sharp left hands often to the left because most right hand fighter have to set up that punch. Head hunting as most of Floyd s opponents forgot is the propensity to miss and miss often makes your best shots turn into arm punches. You have jelly rolls instead of biceps as the fight goes on. Like Rocky Marciano used to favor, hit what you see.
    That's a pretty good point, head-hunting Floyd just leaves you reaching at times, especially if you're the shorter guy, and mixing it up to the body is key for keeping him guessing and opening up opportunities with combinations.

El Kabong Guest

Also you can have the best abs in the world but if you get hit just right or too many times it won't matter, the damage will be done, legs will be taken away

I also think Floyd's right uppercut could do damage if Pac misses one time too many
    Last edited by El Kabong; 05-01-2015 at 05:56 AM.

Thread Information