Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anthony Dirrell vs Badou Jack (spoilers)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Anthony Dirrell vs Badou Jack (spoilers)

Ron Swanson

Good post.

Broner was constantly berated for fighting in a dead LW division and was constantly required to "take risks" and "challenge himself"...strangely enough..by the same guys that want GGG to stay at MW.

Not ONE of Broner's haters wanted to see him stay there and unify 135 and join Chavez Sr and Duran as an ATG Lightweight.

Golovitards are the new Pactards.

Except they are even more vile and delusional.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good win for Badou Jack. I had him winning as well. He should defend his title for a while before taking on other top guys in the division. Bute was at the show - considering Bute's recent form, that would make a good fight. If it was the 2011 Bute, he was levels above Jack, but I'm not so sure about the current Bute.

The best thing about Junior losing is that GGG, Ward, and Froch can't call him out anymore. The whole thing was a farce.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

^^^^

GGG still wants to fight Chavez Jr.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"We crap on him but Broner was a 3 division champ by 23 I believe. GGG has yet to fight a champ. In fact he's barely fought former champs. His entire list of opponents has I believe 2 MW title fight victories. I was one of the first on many boards to say he was the best MW in the world so I think that gives me the right to say "WTF?!" over his still empty resume.

Like it or not he is a 33 y/o 9 year pro with 0 victories against champions. And he isn't looking for champions, he's looking for paydays.(sure you can say so is everyone else, but first you have the tough fights then the money fights and they are trying to skip a step.) he said the night Chavez got destroyed "I still want to go to 168 and fight him" it's pathetic because Ward said let's fight and they said "we have to clean out 160".

Exactly right on Broner, but by that age, was Broner a Prospect? No, he was a World Champ as you quite rightly said at 3 weights. To me, a prospect is someone up and coming with "potential" to be a champ. You may disagree on that , but my point is that the word "prospect" is used to belittle GGG's achievements.
    "he isn't looking for champions, he's looking for paydays!" Is Cotto a champion?, was Quillin a champion? He wanted to fight the best in the division, the fact that they all avoid him cannot be his fault.
    And on the link I posted earlier, his team say he is looking for Mayweather,Froch, Ward, are they not Champions? Of course he's looking for money fights , as you have pointed out, the guy is 33, and as everybody keeps saying, "Boxing is a business". You only get the money for fighting the champions.
    Finally, I don't mean to labour the point, but I asked for a link to see where GGG actually said he still wants to fight Chavez. I'm not calling you a liar, I would just be intrigued to see, and if he did say it, it's obviously a dumb thing to say. Alongside this , you're saying Ward called his bluff.
    Well I actually posted 2 links, from GGG's team, one which says Chavez isn't an option after the Fonfara defeat and Ward's team said that Ward needs a couple of fights before GGG.
    Now , it's probably down to personal preference who's version we believe, but the fact that Ward is fighting Paul Smith at a catchweight speaks volumes in my book.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by corvette View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by La Cucaracha View Post
    ;
    Hahaha 'The Dog' got put down GGG would have rubbished if he had fought an opponent like Jack at least Golovkin destroys these second tier fighters Dirrell's bark was worse than his bite. He's lucky he never got in the ring with GGG because Golovkin would have been charged with animal cruelty
    You don't know what that clown-faced coward would have done.

GGG stands for:

Got Girly Gonads.

All that yak-milking bum has to do is leave is dead division and take a risk for a change...but it's not in his greasy peasant blood to take chances.

Dirrell would walk through Golovkin's resume with a glass of milk in one hand and wouldn't spill a drop.
    Keep telling yourself that Golovkin would murder Anthony and Jack on the same night
    All that coward has to do is go for it.

A 33 year old NINE year pro with the resume of a 23 y/o prospect.

They're carefully matching him for a REASON.
    GGG wouldn't waste his time with Jack, that would be a mis-match but it was (too big) a step up for Dirrell that was careful match making for Dirrell fail

The sooner GGG knocks these guys out the better
    Sooooo
    GGG wouldn't waste his time with Jack..but he'd waste his time with Adama and Rubio(a bum that was KTFO in 30 at WELTERWEIGHT)

Golovkin's entire career is a mismatch...no use getting picky now.

Dirrell and Jack would sleepwalk through GG's resume...hell...who wouldn't?

For a fighter that is supposed to be the real deal and a special fighter....the bar is set unusually low for such a talent.

If Golovkin had one of Broner's balls he'd be kicking asses at Light Heavyweight...or at least trying to.
    Dirrell couldn't even sleep walk through Jack the point is if Golovkin had signed to fight Jack you would have pooped your pants. Looking at how pathetic Anthony looked I'm thinking Geale and Murray would be too much for him

For the record I would have liked to see Broner stay at 135 and face Vasquez or Abril the fights might not have been exciting but they were challenges. Broner already got a gifts over Quintaro and deLeon so those guys would have given him nightmares

You might not rate Golovkins opponents but at least he deals with them appropriately and dispatches them without any assistance from the judges
    Cold Heart and a Weak Mind

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I noticed you steered away from the point I made about Alvarez
    Canelo's resume (and Broner's)at 23 takes a dump on lil GG's entire life..

If you think Quintero and De Leon beat Broner,then you really deserve a shitty hero like lil GG.

De Leon was a hard punching former World Champion...more dangerous than the light punching shell of Kassim Ouma,that GGG had to go to war against.

Unlike Golovkin,Broner has faced PUNCHERS..

GGG in all of his NINE years has only ONE puncher on his shit resume...and that is Stevens..the same guy that was whipped by reality TV boxer Jesse Brinkley...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I noticed you steered away from the point I made about Alvarez
    Canelo's resume (and Broner's)at 23 takes a dump on lil GG's entire life..

If you think Quintero and De Leon beat Broner,then you really deserve a shitty hero like lil GG.

De Leon was a hard punching former World Champion...more dangerous than the light punching shell of Kassim Ouma,that GGG had to go to war against.

Unlike Golovkin,Broner has faced PUNCHERS..

GGG in all of his NINE years has only ONE puncher on his shit resume...and that is Stevens..the same guy that was whipped by reality TV boxer Jesse Brinkley...
    I didn't steer away from your point about Canelo, I answered Ron Swanson about "Prospects", cos he's got a modicum of intelligence unlike your dopey self!
    Btw, MR. Paranoid man, I never said Quintero and De Leon beat Broner. I've gone on record before as saying as a LW, Broner could've become an ATG, but as a WW, he's a fat undedicated midget!
    And while we're talking about reality boxers, just WHO exactly is that guy who's balls you suck regularly, Andre Ward fighting next?? Hahahahahahaha. BOOM!!!!! Shot yourself in the foot again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't steer away from your point, it is just irrelevant. I'm not defending Golovkins record, I'm stating he will smash anyone brave enough to get in the ring with him

Broner is basic and would have got owned by both Vasquez and Abril

I like Alvarez but apart from Floyd, Lara and Trout his record is pretty thin and you could argue he lost to all three I consider both Murray and Geale to be on par with Trout and GGG annihilated them

Who the f-ck is on Broners record DeMarco? Broner is just lucky Valero wasn't around to whack him out Struggling to beat Malignaggi? Get a beatdown from Maidana? Add in the fights with DeLeon and Quintero and it is mediocre at best

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I didn't steer away from your point, it is just irrelevant. I'm not defending Golovkins record, I'm stating he will smash anyone brave enough to get in the ring with him

I like Alvarez but apart from Floyd, Lara and Trout his record is pretty thin and you could argue he lost to all three I consider both Murray and Geale to be on par with Trout and GGG annihilated them

Who the f-ck is on Broners record DeMarco? Broner is just lucky Valero wasn't around to whack him out Struggling to beat Malignaggi? Get a beatdown from Maidana? Add in the fights with DeLeon and Quintero and it is mediocre at best
    Don't ask who's on Broner's record..he's not 33 years old....hahahahaha

If Broner is basic and mediocre then GGG isn't even that much.

Let's see GGG move up and fight a puncher like Broner did when he fought Maidana.
    Malinaggi was a champ and better than most of that shit on GGG's dancecard.

Broner > Golovkin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't ask who's on Broner's record..he's not 33 years old....hahahahaha

If Broner is basic and mediocre then GGG isn't even that much.

Let's see GGG move up and fight a puncher like Broner did when he fought Maidana.
    Malinaggi was a champ and better than most of that shit on GGG's dancecard.

Broner > Golovkin
    Golovkin beats anyone you put in front of him emphasis on the word BEATS

Age is irrelevant, look at Hopkins. GGG could be around until he's 50 with the ease he is taking everyone out

Why not ask about Broners opponents? Your the one that wants to compare them

Broner ran from lightweight to avoid real challenges in Vasquez and Abril Like I said he is lucky Valero's crazy ass didn't get a chance to decapitate him

Golovkin already faced Steven's a big puncher who came from the Super-Middle division. The guy is crap but everyone agrees he can punch. Maidana ain't much better

What puncher would you like to see Golovkin face?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ron Swanson

Good post.

Broner was constantly berated for fighting in a dead LW division and was constantly required to "take risks" and "challenge himself"...strangely enough..by the same guys that want GGG to stay at MW.

Not ONE of Broner's haters wanted to see him stay there and unify 135 and join Chavez Sr and Duran as an ATG Lightweight.

I think things get skewed on Broner and making it sound like he was some beast "taking risks". What happened is he grew into a spoiled undisciplined plumper after initial trinket. The Escobedo fight..who wasn't even ranked...was a hoodwink where Broner blew the weight limit, was given a second chance and promptly got even fatter and told the network he didn't give a shit he likes twinkies almost resulting in card being scrapped. Then his huge risk and heroics saw him skip a talent loaded jr. Welt division all together and he was handed Malignaggi and his side piece who had just escaped a late bloody beating by Pablo Cano.

The whole argument falls on its face when you realize..yeh he moved up. Then he promptly got his ass stuffed in his hat and handed back to him by Maidana. Then he drops back down to where he should have stopped in the first place, Jr. Welter and is fighting the serious contender and threat "TBA" in 6 weeks. Broner and his hype machine took shortcuts and he has been playing catch up and repair ever since. He's not the example of guys moving up that needs to be followed.
    Last edited by Spicoli; 04-27-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Good win for Badou Jack. I had him winning as well. He should defend his title for a while before taking on other top guys in the division. Bute was at the show - considering Bute's recent form, that would make a good fight. If it was the 2011 Bute, he was levels above Jack, but I'm not so sure about the current Bute.

The best thing about Junior losing is that GGG, Ward, and Froch can't call him out anymore. The whole thing was a farce.
    I share the same feeling with Bute. His problem ain't that much about the collapsing in his skills but his confidence. After the Froch fight, he became quite gun shy and I am not sure he recovered yet. ONe thing for sure; under Roach's guidance, we'll find out real soon.
    Hidden Content
    That's the way it is, not the way it ends

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Ron Swanson

Good post.

I think things get skewed on Broner and making it sound like he was some beast "taking risks". What happened is he grew into a spoiled undisciplined plumper after initial trinket. The Escobedo fight..who wasn't even ranked...was a hoodwink where Broner blew the weight limit, was given a second chance and promptly got even fatter and told the network he didn't give a shit he likes twinkies almost resulting in card being scrapped. Then his huge risk and heroics saw him skip a talent loaded jr. Welt division all together and he was handed Malignaggi and his side piece who had just escaped a late bloody beating by Pablo Cano.

The whole argument falls on its face when you realize..yeh he moved up. Then he promptly got his ass stuffed in his hat and handed back to him by Maidana. Then he drops back down to where he should have stopped in the first place, Jr. Welter and is fighting the serious contender and threat "TBA" in 6 weeks. Broner and his hype machine took shortcuts and he has been playing catch up and repair ever since. He's not the example of guys moving up that needs to be followed.
    Broner is at 140...a division that is much more competitve than ggg's MW ghostland.

Even if you feel Broner's risk taking is scewed...it still beats the shit out of what Golovkin is doing,or should I say,not doing.

Maidana is a puncher from a higher division....let's see lil gg move up and fight somebody that can crack.

He still wants to fight Chavez Jr
    Last edited by corvette; 04-27-2015 at 08:09 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone wants to fight Jr because it's easy money

What puncher would you like him to face at 168 waiting

Or do you want him to jump to 175 to face Kovalev and Stevenson

The crazy thing it's more than likely that Golovkin faces both those guys before Ward does

Maybe Ward should jump 2 division to face Ledbedev or Drozd

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG has stated that a fight with Junior doesn't make sense now due to Junior's loss.

Thread Information