Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default How will the actual fight look?

Everyones making picks but how do you think the fight will actually playout? 1-12?

Personally i think the first two rounds it'll be a lot of swinging and missing. A lot of excitement from pacqiou in the first, and well time shots by mayweather to close out round 2.

From that point on i see Floyd putting on his ear muffs(i don't think he does the shoulder roll for manny) and walking him down much like he did Shane, Rounds 4 to 7 Floyd picks up the pace, taking some scary shots from manny in the process, and stopping the fight around 8 or 9. Throughout the fight i actually see manny being in and out alot and trying to time floyd with right hooks when he throws the right, but Floyd gets hit a couple times and adjusts. TKO.

Thats just how i see it, i think it will be surprisingly one sided. Thoughts? How do you think the fight plays out?
    Last edited by Boxer4life; 05-01-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: How will the actual fight look?

I think Floyd wins a UD.

First round not much happens as both guys just test the waters with Floyd jabbing and Pac throws a few flurries to win the round.

2nd round Floyd throws some body shots, makes pac miss a few times and lands a right hand to win the round.

Round 3 and 4 will be close rounds that can go either way with pac troubling Floyd a few times with his right hook and Floyd landing some good right hands and jabs to the body.

Round 5 and 6 Floyd realises he can't just rely on his counters to win because pac's flurries look good and may have stole the fifth so Floyd looks more aggressive in the 6th with his body shots. 3 rounds a piece half way through.

Round 7 - 9 Floyd has sussed pac out and has made pac think twice before he lunges in. Floyd has taken control of the fight landing body shots, right hand, tying up but pac is still game and throwing combos. Fans are shocked at Floyd walking Pac down.

10th pac comes out strong but Floyd makes him miss a lot in the first half of the round and put a beating on him the second half.

11th pac is really gunning for Floyd because he knows he needs a knock out but the early body shots have pac looking slower than Floyd. Pac takes some big right hands but he's still standing.

12th Floyd is comfortably ahead and isn't taking many risks, just countering Pacman but pacmans work rate wins the last round.

8-4 Mayweather.

Great fight. Pac showed great heart but Floyd was too smart and strong.

But knowing boxing we will have a MD for Floyd just to create controversy to hype a rematch.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny starts fast, Floyd backs him up early.

Manny slows down and Floyd pot shots to a boring decision.

Manny tries to go for the knock out but gets careless and hurt with a right hand and he settles for the points loss.

Rematch in September and the same bollocks from posters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Manny will start quick and throw a lot of punches , missing a lot and Floyd taking a lot on the arms, but the crowd will make it feel like he's having more success than he is. Now and again, as Manny's coming in , Floyd will nail him on the counter. Manny will be surprised by Floyd's power and it will start to make Manny think twice as the fight goes on.
    In the middle rounds, Manny won't be able to find a way in without getting punished and will start to get frustrated. Floyd will start to gradually ease away.
    In the later rounds , Floyd will start to dominate more and more, and although Manny will show a lot of heart so as not to get stopped, Floyd will win comfortably enough on points.
    I'm not saying it will be a UD , because if a judge can give Canelo a draw after the way that fight went, anything can happen. Manny may get a draw on one card or even get the nod on one card (incorrectly) , but all in all a pretty standard Floyd win.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Manny tries to go for the knock out but gets careless and hurt with a right hand and he settles for the points loss.

In a nutshell.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    I think Floyd wins a UD.

First round not much happens as both guys just test the waters with Floyd jabbing and Pac throws a few flurries to win the round.

2nd round Floyd throws some body shots, makes pac miss a few times and lands a right hand to win the round.

Round 3 and 4 will be close rounds that can go either way with pac troubling Floyd a few times with his right hook and Floyd landing some good right hands and jabs to the body.

Round 5 and 6 Floyd realises he can't just rely on his counters to win because pac's flurries look good and may have stole the fifth so Floyd looks more aggressive in the 6th with his body shots. 3 rounds a piece half way through.

Round 7 - 9 Floyd has sussed pac out and has made pac think twice before he lunges in. Floyd has taken control of the fight landing body shots, right hand, tying up but pac is still game and throwing combos. Fans are shocked at Floyd walking Pac down.

10th pac comes out strong but Floyd makes him miss a lot in the first half of the round and put a beating on him the second half.

11th pac is really gunning for Floyd because he knows he needs a knock out but the early body shots have pac looking slower than Floyd. Pac takes some big right hands but he's still standing.

12th Floyd is comfortably ahead and isn't taking many risks, just countering Pacman but pacmans work rate wins the last round.

8-4 Mayweather.

Great fight. Pac showed great heart but Floyd was too smart and strong.

But knowing boxing we will have a MD for Floyd just to create controversy to hype a rematch.
    Thats a great point, i forgot about the body shots, i do think floyd will throw alot of those here, as he does with southpaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

Haha, I dont remember you being always being so negative but it sounds like boxing as of late beat you down. Personally this is very probable, but i have hope for an exciting fight, one that i think ends decisively, but like any of us, i could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Manny will start quick and throw a lot of punches , missing a lot and Floyd taking a lot on the arms, but the crowd will make it feel like he's having more success than he is. Now and again, as Manny's coming in , Floyd will nail him on the counter. Manny will be surprised by Floyd's power and it will start to make Manny think twice as the fight goes on.
    In the middle rounds, Manny won't be able to find a way in without getting punished and will start to get frustrated. Floyd will start to gradually ease away.
    In the later rounds , Floyd will start to dominate more and more, and although Manny will show a lot of heart so as not to get stopped, Floyd will win comfortably enough on points.
    I'm not saying it will be a UD , because if a judge can give Canelo a draw after the way that fight went, anything can happen. Manny may get a draw on one card or even get the nod on one card (incorrectly) , but all in all a pretty standard Floyd win.
    Thats one thing im concerned with is a BS call on the cards, i think it owuld be awful for boxing.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd will need a few rounds to adjust to Mannys rhythm and speed/power. It will get right through the middle rounds with Manny throwing and moving much more than Floyd, who will slip a lot and land the cleaner blows. Floyd will take rounds 10&11 pretty big and Manny will go all out in the final round. It will be a close decision and there will be a rematch. Specific observations:
    1. I think Manny will be MUCH faster than Floyd.
    2. Floyd will be MUCH better than Manny on the inside, and will eventually time Manny so that when he hops back out Floyd comes in with the right lead and continually pushes him back.
    3. Manny will be so up for this fight that he will try and respond with numerous shots when Floyd lands something.
    4. Floyd's biggest threat is his motivation vs Manny's desire. Manny views this as his biggest fight ever. This is just another fight to Floyd.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thread Information