Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather might be the best we've ever seen

I rate Sweetpea lower then Mayweather but if he had to move as many weight classes as Mayweather he be fighting like fucking Hopkins. Also later in his career he had to go against Prime Oscar and Tito i mean dont think the divsion is as stacked now for Mayweather at the end of his career.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I love Sweetpea and I rate him higher on the all time list than most people do I imagine.

The performances he put on against DLH and Trinidad have to be admired, given the fact that he was a washed up coke addict at the time, and there's even an argument that he won the DLH fight. Trinidad ducked him for years and fought him when he was a shell of himself. People talk about Floyd ducking and dodging guys, how come Tito doesn't get shit for turning down 4.5 mil to fight Trinidad in the mid 90s?
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I dont think Mayweather is ducker really just way shit goes now and not like others fighters dont look at the options choose the one with more money. Its just at the end of the day ww division was kinda weak compared to the 90's. I mean look at the guys in the division now there good but not really great i mean pac had a few good wins at ww Mayweather had more and legit wins at lmw to but guys they are fighting on there declines are not close to fight fucking Prime Oscar and Tito those guys are atg.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Sweat pea was undefeated for a long time in reality and 0 does not really mean that much when you do not always fight the best at the weight. All I am saying sweat pea did it earlier and better.
    Well Pea had a loss 3 or 4 years into his career (to be fair, it was a robbery). He was a great LW and WW champ, but again he didn't do what Floyd did (5 weight division vs 3 weight divisions), and I don't really see how you can say he did it "better". Sweetpea was amazing but Floyd showed more skill, he had much more electrifying performances along the way (mostly from 130-140) and he fought and won in a lot more super fights.

At this point there is nobody in the history of boxing that has done what Floyd has.
    Marciano did one thing better and in half the time.
    I'm not saying Marciano was better than Floyd, I just can't let you get away with that last sentence.
    It's the reason I'm positive Floyd will go for 50-0! If he doesn't, there will always be someone out there like me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is not TBE and he is far from entertaining. He is past his best and its plain to see.

Whitaker did what he has done and gone up in weight fighting better fighters.

Stop the nonsense.
    Yea but Whitaker had a few off nights, floyds never had an off night and didn't Whitaker take so much punishment he's now blind in one eye ?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post

Marciano did one thing better and in half the time.
    I'm not saying Marciano was better than Floyd, I just can't let you get away with that last sentence.
    It's the reason I'm positive Floyd will go for 50-0! If he doesn't, there will always be someone out there like me.
    For sure Marciano had a great run, but to me the number of wins isn't the issue, Mayweather could go fight two bums on the same night in September and reach 50-0 if he wanted to.

It's much more remarkable to stay undefeated for 19 years than it is to stay defeated for 8 years. There's so much that can go wrong in that length of time, and for Mayweather to have that kind of longevity and to beat arguably his greatest opponent at the age of 38 is something that you just don't see in boxing.

Of course there are guys who had success for longer periods of time, like Bhop, Archie Moore and Duran, but none of those guys had the level of dominance that Floyd has had.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    I love Sweetpea and I rate him higher on the all time list than most people do I imagine.

The performances he put on against DLH and Trinidad have to be admired, given the fact that he was a washed up coke addict at the time, and there's even an argument that he won the DLH fight. Trinidad ducked him for years and fought him when he was a shell of himself. People talk about Floyd ducking and dodging guys, how come Tito doesn't get shit for turning down 4.5 mil to fight Trinidad in the mid 90s?
    Tito turning down Trinidad?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oops Whitaker I meant haha

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by g3org3 View Post
    Floyd is not TBE and he is far from entertaining. He is past his best and its plain to see.

Stop the nonsense.
    Yea but Whitaker had a few off nights, floyds never had an off night and didn't Whitaker take so much punishment he's now blind in one eye ?
    Sweat pea was flawless and never had off nights in his prime which was lightweight. He was robbed and would have had a 0 but he had balls to take on Oscar, Tito and Vasquez.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is the TBE (the boring-est ever)
    ITs amazing how many people are caught up with the Floyd hit and not get hit shit. He has been booed his last 5-6 fights cause he never engages. SHit is sad.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense.
    Sweat pea was flawless and never had off nights in his prime which was lightweight. He was robbed and would have had a 0 but he had balls to take on Oscar, Tito and Vasquez.
    No he did have off nights he's got a few loses wether you think he won or not that's fact and don't start about being in his prime floyds a fair bit past his prime he's an old man in a young guys sport and he's still having shutouts against the up and coming superstars like canelo. Floyds achievements are way above Whitaker.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense.
    No he did have off nights he's got a few loses wether you think he won or not that's fact and don't start about being in his prime floyds a fair bit past his prime he's an old man in a young guys sport and he's still having shutouts against the up and coming superstars like canelo. Floyds achievements are way above Whitaker.
    I agree Floyd is past his prime which was at the lower weight. Floyd would have lost his 0 if he was fighting legitimate welterweights like Tito, Ike and Oscar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense.
    I agree Floyd is past his prime which was at the lower weight. Floyd would have lost his 0 if he was fighting legitimate welterweights like Tito, Ike and Oscar.
    No way he loses to any of them it's just my opinion but I honestly just don't see it.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stop the nonsense.
    No way he loses to any of them it's just my opinion but I honestly just don't see it.
    The reason why I say Floyd loses to those guys is because they are true welterweights not blown up ones coming from lower weights so I am not disrespecting Floyd the cunt.
    Last edited by Master; 05-05-2015 at 12:35 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar I can see but not Ike or Tito.

Thread Information