Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What damage has this fight done to boxing ??

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Boxing was here before we were born and will be here long after we've snuffed it. There are more shows in Britain now than at any time in the past. It has it's own dedicated channel for gawd's sake.

Casual boxing fans that talk to me about boxing generally get on my nerves. I'd sooner they didn't watch it.
    Shame on you, you elitist knucklehead! You should try to give them some encouragement, explain why they're wrong. Hell man, if they show any interest, and you're too busy to talk, give them a few fights to watch on YouTube.
    Why? I don't care whether or not someone likes what I like. There are literally millions and millions of boxing fans all over the world, why would anyone give a fuck about trying to convince old dave and sue at work to be fans?

I couldn't give a fuck.
    It's not worth arguing about, but I do think you are wrong.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What damage has this fight done to boxing ??

Boxing was here before we were born and will be here long after we've snuffed it. There are more shows in Britain now than at any time in the past. It has it's own dedicated channel for gawd's sake.

Casual boxing fans that talk to me about boxing generally get on my nerves. I'd sooner they didn't watch it.
    Shame on you, you elitist knucklehead! You should try to give them some encouragement, explain why they're wrong. Hell man, if they show any interest, and you're too busy to talk, give them a few fights to watch on YouTube.
    Why? I don't care whether or not someone likes what I like. There are literally millions and millions of boxing fans all over the world, why would anyone give a fuck about trying to convince old dave and sue at work to be fans?

I couldn't give a fuck.
    I'm more interested about this sue, would she be worth going a few rounds with?

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I convinced a few people (casual fans) at work to pay for the fight Saturday when I explained the magnitude of what was going on – now today I wish I hadn’t. Man am I getting some stick.

As a fan ‘in the know’ so to speak I wasn’t surprised by what happened over 12 rounds in the fight and take my hat off to the technical mastery of Floyd – I think deep down I had got carried away and thought Pac would get through in the early rounds and the fight would ignite into something special.

I’m sure this has been discussed several times since Saturday night but what damage has this done to the sport ? For us on here it won't deter us but those casual fans I mentioned certainly won’t be back !

I think I can forget about EA Sports sitting round the table this morning and deciding to do another Fight Night game that’s for sure
    What do you expect ?

Look - Pac-Man didn't win the fight but I can see why Pac-Man and others thought he did. Because Pac-Man thinking "He never hurt me. He never had me in trouble. He never shaken me. He never had me down. He never cut me. I was forcing the fight. He kept tying me up on the inside" .........All that is true

But guess what ?

Most Of Mayweathers Opponents Could Have Said That

You forget - It's not what Mayweather does to you that wins him fights - It's what Mayweather does not allow you to do to him, that wins him fights.

He doesn't really allow his opponents to hurt him much, nail him clean, gain momentum. He snuffs his opponent out. Sure you can get fighters who can be elusive but Mayweather's genius is that he can do that and still do enough to win his fights.

AND THAT'S A SERIOUS SKILL IN ITSELF

So Mayweather does not have to do much in terms of being offensive to win fights. His defence has done the job for him. He doesn't have to beat the fighter down. He does not have to win rounds heavy. So you'll never see Floyd in a excting back and forth, Roberto Duran - Sugar Ray Leonard 1 type fight. He can pop and stick and that's pretty much enough to win rounds.

Also understand he wasn't running from Pac-Man. Never once did Kenny Bayliss caution Mayweather for not fighting and according to the stats Mayweather threw more punches than Pac-Man.

Having said. I do think father time is catching up on Floyd. In his younger days he was a lot more aggressive and on the front foot and threw combos back in the day , but then again weren't all boxers ? But when you watch Mayweather against Gatti and Corrales you see he is a totally different fighter now, than he was then

Is Mayweather exciting ? No.

Is he TBE ? Defensively - Yes. Offensively - No.

But he's an undefeated multi millionaire who wont be suffering from a slurred speech later in life or Parkinsons. He's a smart guy, inside and outside the ring. He answers to no-one. He has no promoter as he has Mayweather Promotions because he bought out Arum early in his career, because Arum was up De La Hoya's a.s.s

All in all the fight has done no damage to boxing.
    Last edited by denilson200; 05-06-2015 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't give a fuck.
    It's not an argument mate - There is no right or wrong. If I like a piece of music yet a million people say it's shit I wont stop liking it.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by denilson200 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    I convinced a few people (casual fans) at work to pay for the fight Saturday when I explained the magnitude of what was going on – now today I wish I hadn’t. Man am I getting some stick.

As a fan ‘in the know’ so to speak I wasn’t surprised by what happened over 12 rounds in the fight and take my hat off to the technical mastery of Floyd – I think deep down I had got carried away and thought Pac would get through in the early rounds and the fight would ignite into something special.

I’m sure this has been discussed several times since Saturday night but what damage has this done to the sport ? For us on here it won't deter us but those casual fans I mentioned certainly won’t be back !

I think I can forget about EA Sports sitting round the table this morning and deciding to do another Fight Night game that’s for sure
    What do you expect ?

Look - Pac-Man didn't win the fight but I can see why Pac-Man and others thought he did. Because Pac-Man thinking "He never hurt me. He never had me in trouble. He never shaken me. He never had me down. He never cut me. I was forcing the fight. He kept tying me up on the inside" .........All that is true

But guess what ?

Most Of Mayweathers Opponents Could Have Said That

You forget - It's not what Mayweather does to you that wins him fights - It's what Mayweather does not allow you to do to him, that wins him fights.

He doesn't really allow his opponents to hurt him much, nail him clean, gain momentum. He snuffs his opponent out. Sure you can get fighters who can be elusive but Mayweather's genius is that he can do that and still do enough to win his fights.

AND THAT'S A SERIOUS SKILL IN ITSELF

So Mayweather does not have to do much in terms of being offensive to win fights. His defence has done the job for him. He doesn't have to beat the fighter down. He does not have to win rounds heavy. So you'll never see Floyd in a excting back and forth, Roberto Duran - Sugar Ray Leonard 1 type fight. He can pop and stick and that's pretty much enough to win rounds.

Also understand he wasn't running from Pac-Man. Never once did Kenny Bayliss caution Mayweather for not fighting and according to the stats Mayweather threw more punches than Pac-Man.

Having said. I do think father time is catching up on Floyd. In his younger days he was a lot more aggressive and on the front foot and threw combos back in the day , but then again weren't all boxers ? But when you watch Mayweather against Gatti and Corrales you see he is a totally different fighter now, than he was then

Is Mayweather exciting ? No.

Is he TBE ? Defensively - Yes. Offensively - No.

But he's an undefeated multi millionaire who wont be suffering from a slurred speech later in life or Parkinsons. He's a smart guy, inside and outside the ring. He answers to no-one. He has no promoter as he has Mayweather Promotions because he bought out Arum early in his career, because Arum was up De La Hoya's a.s.s

All in all the fight has done no damage to boxing.
    Mayweather has got that Hopkins type of aura around him where he can seem to nullify an opponents output but that can be viewed as boring to the majority.

I think he will be missed when he is gone but perhaps we need a new star in the making...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty much this
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The biggest tragedy is that floyd is such a fuckn bellend

Yes America still have their champion, but he's a massive nob ed

Millions of people around the world tuned in to watch a fight and what they saw was a bunch of commentators and pundits and fans bumming a big penis
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Thread Information