Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Eric Molina

this is like the chicken and the egg... what came first molinas title shot or molinas top 10 wbc ranking :S

I think wilders team excuse for this one is that wilder broke his hand v stiverne so he needs a warm up to get back on track.. I do like wilder though but can't really defend this opponent.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Thompson, Arreola. A name that someone has heard of. This makes his team look timid.
    I would've called out Antonio Tarver. GREAT name, past it a bit. Decent but not devastating power.
    Even lateef Kayode is a better pick.
    Just an awful decision.
    Deontay hasn't grown into fighting the big names yet, he's at the shouting stage right now.
    I do think Molina is a decent choice because of his size. Wilder needs to fight nothing but big guys until he gets his chance at Wald or he is forced to fight Wlad.
    Thompson and Fury, both like to grapple some like Wlad, so they would be good choices.

No.... no.... and HELL no.

I'm one of Wilder's fans and want him to go on to great things. Hopefully meet and beat Wlad someday before Wlad retires. But we all spent years and countless fights waiting for Wilder to move up, and he finally did.... versus Stiverne. Now he's going to take 10 steps back?? C'mon now! Say it ain't so, Deontay. In boxing you move forward.... not take one step forward and two back. If I'm gonna be critical of Wlad's choice of opponents, which I am, and very often..... I can't be hypocritical and ignore Wilder's choice of opponent post-Stiverne. And to those who say Wilder deserves a soft spot after a tough battle with Stiverne..... NAY. These soft spots are earned after numerous tough fights/wars, usually by a veteran fighter who you can't begrudge his getting that soft spot on his schedule.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder can step it up when he has to as proven against stiverne. Give him time to build his profile up. I assume his fight is not ppv?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Wilder can step it up when he has to as proven against stiverne. Give him time to build his profile up. I assume his fight is not ppv?

How much more time, @Master ?

He's 33-0 and fast approaching JCC Jr. territory.

He needs to start seeking out the Fury's and the Wlad's before Wlad up and retires.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

He needs to start seeking out the Fury's and the Wlad's before Wlad up and retires.
    He will seek them out but the reality is he is not going to take on Wlad straight away. Fury is next for Wlad. Wilder will fight the winner of Perez/Povetkin. It is a first defence.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He will seek them out but the reality is he is not going to take on Wlad straight away. Fury is next for Wlad. Wilder will fight the winner of Perez/Povetkin. It is a first defence.
    This guy is an entirely new definition of taking baby steps. The guys not even ranked and its a title fight ffs Anything he needs to learn should have been worked on before he got here.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Thompson, Arreola. A name that someone has heard of. This makes his team look timid.
    I would've called out Antonio Tarver. GREAT name, past it a bit. Decent but not devastating power.
    Even lateef Kayode is a better pick.
    Just an awful decision.
    Deontay hasn't grown into fighting the big names yet, he's at the shouting stage right now.
    I do think Molina is a decent choice because of his size. Wilder needs to fight nothing but big guys until he gets his chance at Wald or he is forced to fight Wlad.
    Thompson and Fury, both like to grapple some like Wlad, so they would be good choices.

No.... no.... and HELL no.

I'm one of Wilder's fans and want him to go on to great things. Hopefully meet and beat Wlad someday before Wlad retires. But we all spent years and countless fights waiting for Wilder to move up, and he finally did.... versus Stiverne. Now he's going to take 10 steps back?? C'mon now! Say it ain't so, Deontay. In boxing you move forward.... not take one step forward and two back. If I'm gonna be critical of Wlad's choice of opponents, which I am, and very often..... I can't be hypocritical and ignore Wilder's choice of opponent post-Stiverne. And to those who say Wilder deserves a soft spot after a tough battle with Stiverne..... NAY. These soft spots are earned after numerous tough fights/wars, usually by a veteran fighter who you can't begrudge his getting that soft spot on his schedule.
    I agree, its surely a dumb move from his camp. Aside from who has earned what, the fact is Wilder still needs experience fighting quality guys and going rounds. It's not as if he took much damage against Stiverne, that was only a tough fight for him because it went 12, he should be looking to build and improve on that, which he clearly can't do against opponents like this.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Molina is a horrible first defense. To be frank, it's a reprehensible mismatch. He doesn't need to take on Povetkin in his first defense, but this fight won't even be developmental for him. I don't see what he gets out of it. It's like a the Garcia route all over again. We watched him win a tough fight and then regress.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Give the guy a break and let him raise his profile and make some money. Yes you are right, in the old days there was no way a champion would still need time to develop himself but this division sucks so bad that champions are created when they have not learned all they need to remain champions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least put Arreola in there... Molina...

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick45 View Post
    At least put Arreola in there... Molina...
    arreola might accidentally win though....... I would say the reasoning behind not having arreola as the defence is that he lost twice to stiverne so he really shouldn't be near a wbc title shot but they use molina instead.... To be fair he is better than just about all of wilders previous opponents but...........

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just a random question...exactly what IS Don Kings role in this card and more so Deontay Wilder I've barely seen a shot without King in it and the last thing we need is ol' Don once again involved with the American heavyweight title. Anyone?

Tony Tucker will be ranked #10 before we know it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder quickly corners Molina and takes him out

Mentioned
    503 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick45 View Post
    Wilder quickly corners Molina and takes him out
    I see black heavyweights dominating as they did in 70's. I think white heavyweights dominated in the noughties, but with Vlad coming to the end, I see Deontay Wilder and Joshua battling it out for supremacy. Although to be fair I think Tyson Fury could well shake it up.

Don't see this Molina causing the bronze bomber too many problems.

Thread Information