Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Al Haymon allow Deontay Wilder to fight Alexander Povetkin?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Al Haymon allow Deontay Wilder to fight Alexander Povetkin?

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I know Wilder is brave enough to fight Povetkin, either in the USA or in Russia.

But Al Haymon has been very protective of him. I wonder will Haymon have Wilder avoid his mandatory?

I'd love to see Povetkin-Wilder. I think they are both .
    I hope so, this would be a good test for them both. Haymon has been making the right moves so far and is changing boxing for the better so making sure this fight gets made will be a win, win for Haymon. It will prove he wants to see the best fight the best, no matter what, plus show that Haymon is about fights not international boundaries. IMO
    I agree.
    Haymon is changing the game.
    If his stable gets any bigger he will be the Dana White of boxing-so it won't matter who Wilder faces-Haymon will probably lock up the # 2-3-4-5 ranked next in line.
    This is nothing that Don King did not do in his hey day.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I know Wilder is brave enough to fight Povetkin, either in the USA or in Russia.

But Al Haymon has been very protective of him. I wonder will Haymon have Wilder avoid his mandatory?

I hope so, this would be a good test for them both. Haymon has been making the right moves so far and is changing boxing for the better so making sure this fight gets made will be a win, win for Haymon. It will prove he wants to see the best fight the best, no matter what, plus show that Haymon is about fights not international boundaries. IMO
    I agree.
    If his stable gets any bigger he will be the Dana White of boxing-so it won't matter who Wilder faces-Haymon will probably lock up the # 2-3-4-5 ranked next in line.
    I agree to a degree.
    King was instrumental in taking public television bouts to closed circuit television which became pay per view.
    Haymon is bringing it back to public television.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder I think is pretty good and I don't think much of povetkin at all. I think that wilder easily wins. Povetkin is so slow and wilder will just use his jab like in the stiverne fight. Hopefully haymon makes the fight because wilder becomes totally legit if he wins it.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I agree.
    I agree to a degree.
    King was instrumental in taking public television bouts to closed circuit television which became pay per view.
    Haymon is bringing it back to public television.
    Once he has built the market and got a monopoly then watch him cash in and milk the boxing fans dry. Great service delivery model used by multinationals and drug dealers.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information