Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Name 5 heavyweights that beat Anthony Joshua!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Name 5 heavyweights that beat Anthony Joshua!

You lot are mad.Joshua has not gone over 6 rounds and yet you think he could beat Tyson nowy . Is this an alternative saddo dimension I have posted into?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very hard to price Wlad v Joshua. I was thinking about 2/5 Wlad, 15/8 Joshua and 50/1 the Draw. If it was his next fight though Id say the odds would go off closer to pickem as would be floods of money on Joshua but you couldnt justify any shorter on Joshua I think.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    You lot are mad.Joshua has not gone over 6 rounds and yet you think he could beat Tyson nowy . Is this an alternative saddo dimension I have posted into?
    Fury wouldn't go 2 rounds let alone 6 , but that aside you seem to think fury is far better than he is , one of his ranking wins just got eaten alive.
    Joshua is Inexperienced but he is a far better fighter than most prospects, yes we haven't seen how good his chin is yet but fury isn't a puncher .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Fury wouldn't go 2 rounds let alone 6 , but that aside you seem to think fury is far better than he is , one of his ranking wins just got eaten alive.
    Joshua is Inexperienced but he is a far better fighter than most prospects, yes we haven't seen how good his chin is yet but fury isn't a puncher .
    AJ is far too ininexnexperiend for fury.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was Inoue to inexperienced for Narvaez? Or Lomachenko too inexperienced for Russell? If you have enough talant it makes up for lack of experience. Beating bums doesnt gain experience as some on this site think. THe only reason they fight these guys is to build a reputation and fan base.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post

Was Inoue to inexperienced for Narvaez? Or Lomachenko too inexperienced for Russell? If you have enough talant it makes up for lack of experience. Beating bums doesnt gain experience as some on this site think. THe only reason they fight these guys is to build a reputation and fan base.
    Bingo , make the fight ,I would put money on Joshua winning with ease.
    That is my opinion , fury is a well matched fat chump.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

To be honest, if AJ and Fury were to fight next month I'd probably make AJ the favourite.

Not many people expected the novice Lennox Lewis to beat the vastly experienced and undefeated Gary Mason, but Lewis battered him. In terms of natural ability Lennox was streets ahead of Mason despite his lack of fights and I think the same can be said of Joshua and Fury.

I think Fury would give Joshua a few problems because of the sheer size of him, but I can't see Fury standing up to Joshua's power at all.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

HW are a different some take time to mature, AJ is a good prospect time is on his side people got
    remember he is still a 13 fight novice.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post
    To be honest, if AJ and Fury were to fight next month I'd probably make AJ the favourite.

Not many people expected the novice Lennox Lewis to beat the vastly experienced and undefeated Gary Mason, but Lewis battered him. In terms of natural ability Lennox was streets ahead of Mason despite his lack of fights and I think the same can be said of Joshua and Fury.

I think Fury would give Joshua a few problems because of the sheer size of him, but I can't see Fury standing up to Joshua's power at all.
    Lennox was world class fighter with 2 Olympics behind him and Mason was never a world class fighter who was coming back from a serious injury so whilst it was a risk at the time, Lennox was favourite.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by tysonesque View Post

Lennox was world class fighter with 2 Olympics behind him and Mason was never a world class fighter who was coming back from a serious injury so whilst it was a risk at the time, Lennox was favourite.
    Joshua is an Olympic champion and hasn't put a foot wrong so far as a pro. There's no doubt that he's got genuine natural ability and packs on hell of a punch.

Fury isn't really world class. He's very similar to Mason. He's beaten a load of stiffs and built up a record with no genuine quality on it at all. He's also been decked by a couple of very ordinary fighters. If Fury had been around 10 or 15 years ago he wouldn't have got anywhere near a world title fight. The fact that someone as limited as him is even being talked about as a possible world champion is all the proof you'll ever need of how shit the heavyweight division is right now.

As much as I find Fury amusing and good entertainment, he's no world beater and I wouldn't like his chances against Joshua at all.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like his look and attitude, but 13 fights vs guys you are supposed to beat is just that. I do think he is more complete than a Wilder at respected 13 bout point. Its not even comparable. Likewise the 'power' is obvious. Its just way to early to get caught up with top 5 in world as was shouted last night. He needs some serious seasoning and while collapsing Johnson in that fashion is nice, Johnson has had the temperament and the ring presence of a guy who has already resigned himself going in. When a guy is merely content to last or avoid a fight..in a way he's already been stopped. The fact Vitali went 12 and Joshua got him out doesn't mean to me that Vitali is any less a hitter. Just as Lewis was no less a puncher because Wlad was the "first to ko iron chin Mercer". Styles, circumstance and time. The last thing a young heavy needs is to believe the hype and get caught up in thinking all will fall over once the feel the hammer. I don't pretend to 'know' training and there are 101+ guys on here who do this for a living but I wonder how a mobile straight right would fined Joshua. He looks susceptible as he does that bounce in and bounce out thing. More impressed with his hands than his feet, bit stiff and predictable. His lead foot is near crossed a lot of the time and inside of opponents. He will be fun to watch. Any idea who TBA will be for his next fight?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I like about Joshua is his level of activity. Seven fights in 2014 and three so far in 2015. Bums? Sure.... but the guy's on a learning curve and needs to develop. As opposed to what.... a Tyson Fury who has 6 fights in the last 3 years? Remember..... I've been on a "several-year soapbox" clamoring for a good challenge to Wlad before he decides to hang up the gloves. People keep talking about Fury's chances vs. Wlad. Well? When are we ever going to find out?? I've little patience for inactivity, regardless of the reason. The clock is ticking on Wlad's career and I'll be bummed out if he leaves without having faced the likes of a Wilder, a Fury, or a Joshua. Povetkin was a promising hope.... and did the best he could.... but Wlad fouled him unmercifully and won an ugly, ugly fight.

Yeah... Joshua hasn't been past 3 rounds and nobody in their right minds can even think about Joshua-Wlad at the moment. I just think it shows our desperation as boxing fans to finally have some worthwhile challenges to Wlad before he retires. Right now, my hopes rest on Wilder.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    HW are a different some take time to mature, AJ is a good prospect time is on his side people got
    remember he is still a 13 fight novice.
    You're right he should just go the Wilder route. Fight bums until hes 30-0 and criticised by everyone and then hope by then there is a champ as bad as Stiverne so he can avoid fighting Wlad or anyone with a pulse. Then after he wins go back to fighting bums. God I love boxing

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just saw the Johnson fight (thanks @Freedom ).

Not to take anything away from Joshua, and I stand by my earlier assessment of his level of activity, which I like.

..... but KJ was little more than a punching bag out there. Totally disappointed in some of these fighters that go up there (Perez-Povetkin, for instance) and basically just beg to get blown out. Little wonder KJ decided to hang it up after the fight. Best thing he can do, really.

jon09 Guest

No reason to rush this future champion at the moment. But that was a very good performance against a very durable, strong chinned opponent. He still has a lot of questions to be answered. Andy Ruiz, Pulev, Thompson, Jennings and Arreola would be a great batch of guys to test him. Klitschko, Wilder, Fury and Povetkin probably have the best chance to take him out.

Thread Information