Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who do you want to see Hopkins end his career against?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you want to see Hopkins end his career against?

Adonis Stevenson – My pick would be Adonis. I still think it’s a winnable fight despite the beating Kovalev handed the old man. Styles make fights and Hop would be a nightmare for Stevenson to look good against because Stevenson waits for mistakes and Hopkins makes few if any. It would be a high quality chess match & although Stevenson deserves to be a favourite the result is no formality & Id like Hopkins to be given that opportunity having faced all the other tip light heavys of the last decade. Superman isn’t invincible as we saw vs Fonfara & B-Hop is the master of breaking a fighter down mentally and making them question themselves. Love to see this fight

Carl Froch – Still intriguing but not as much. You could make a case for it being two legends in a farewell fight but as a spectacle I don’t think Carl would want to exit the sport

Andre Ward - Very unlikely to happen not only because neither guys wants it but because it wouldn’t sell.

Gennady Golovkin – Im sure Hopkins would love to ruin another hype train & wouldn’t be scared to take this challenge but 2 weights separate them and team Golovkin wouldn’t see much to gain in this fight. I think it would go the same way as the Kovalev fight & a legend like Hopkins doesn’t deserve to go out like that thrown to the wolves.

James Degale – Not sure how much it does for either guy so again its unlikely to happen but it would be the biggest name Degale is ever likely to get a win over. Given his quiet spells against Dirrel I could see Hopkins hypnotizing him and it going to a close call on the cards and I rate James but think it’s a bad style match up for him. Hed have to beat Hopkins th same way Joe did but he isn’t as busy as the Welshman.

Roy Jones decider – The 2nd fight was bad enough to sit through and nobody would want a 3rd so I cant see it happening but if both legends called it their last fight and its currently left a 1 all I think a decider would have some value.

James Toney – This fight should have happened and it still can albeit as shadows of what they once were. Almost 2 decades past it sell by date I think if people knew these two were going at it then it would bring in the viewers and still has some appeal but Hopkins wants to go out with a bang and this would be a whimper.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Does anybody know who Stevenson is due to fight next?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Does anybody know who Stevenson is due to fight next?
    I think it will be the local hooker who refused to pay him her share for his protection.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information