Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scott Quigg-Kiko/Crolla-Perez --- Saturday/Manchester/Sky Sports. Fact.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Scott Quigg-Kiko/Crolla-Perez --- Saturday/Manchester/Sky Sports. Fact.

Quigg-Kiko should be a cracking fight.

Obviously Quigg is in a no-win situation as, although Kiko is a world rated superbantam and his toughest opponent to date, he'll get judged by Frampton's effort - so either Quigg gets beat and therefore is exposed, Quigg struggles therefore "proving" Frampton to be far superior or Quigg wins impressively and the performance is written off as he beat Carl's leftovers.

Seen many that think Kiko wins by KO (including Frampton and the McGuigan's unsurprisingly). Although many seem to "hate" Quigg just because he owns a pony WBA belt. Seems like a nice guy to me.

I think Quigg has the engine (certainly) and power to fight Kiko's relentless pressure off.

Fight to not go distance - 5/4
    Quigg - KO 5/2

--------------------------

Crolla-Perez

Crolla is the nicest man in the world. Fact. Not sure what he actually does standout but he's been on a roll. Perez had eight thousand amateur fights and his only pro loss is against Gamboa.

Sentimentality is a fast-track to the poor house.

Perez - KO 5/2
    Last edited by Fenster; 07-17-2015 at 05:14 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Quigg-Kiko/Crolla-Perez --- Saturday/Manchester/Sky Sports. Fact.

I much prefer Frampton fight.
    Last edited by Master; 07-17-2015 at 09:52 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Scott Quigg-Kiko/Crolla-Perez --- Saturday/Manchester/Sky Sports. Fact.

Does this set anything up for Quigg or is it just to prove a point and keep him honest against a decent fighter ? I really rate Quigg, but timing is everything in boxing, in and outside of the ring, and the longer the Frampton showdown gets dragged out the more precarious it becomes for the pair of them. It's a business and they will never draw a bigger crowd than right now. Legacy fights can come after.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be there this Saturday. I'm going mainly for Crolla, big fan and I had tickets in January for his cancelled world title fight. He's tough as nails and seems to soak up punishment and get to his opponents. The best thing about him is how calm he is under siege. I really hope he wins it.

Hopefully Quigg slaughters Martinez quickly and just rubs Frampton's nose in it. I think Frampton beats Quigg, but bottom line it is Frampton doing all the running. Eddie signed Quigg so Frampton left Eddie. Quigg made Frampton an offer but no counter offer from Frampton's team. Quigg shows up at Frampton's fights but Carl is nowhere to be seen at Quigg's. I like Frampton, but he can't walk away from a Scott Quigg fight. All this "I'm the real World Champion' bollocks is bullshit. Just make the damn fight.

Glenn Foot vs. Sam Eggington is an interesting fight in this one. Looking forward to it.

I say Jenkins beats Nurse without much issue.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Martin Murray (gimme) is on this card as well as the two good British title fights.

I've been contemplating backing Tyrone Nurse at 7/2 and slightly favour Eggington (10/11) over Foot

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My bets for the weekend. Frampton round 1-6 at 11/10. Abraham at 4/5. Eggington at 10/11. Backed Kiko rounds 1, 2 and 3 at 66/1 and 50/1 twice (more for interest then anything.Think hell come out swinging.)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Does this set anything up for Quigg or is it just to prove a point and keep him honest against a decent fighter ? I really rate Quigg, but timing is everything in boxing, in and outside of the ring, and the longer the Frampton showdown gets dragged out the more precarious it becomes for the pair of them. It's a business and they will never draw a bigger crowd than right now. Legacy fights can come after.
    Not many other opponents for Quigg. Outside the title holders theres not many better then Kiko. Much better then seeing him fight another blown up bantom where hes 1/200 to win.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Egginton - foot is going to be really good

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Not many other opponents for Quigg. Outside the title holders theres not many better then Kiko. Much better then seeing him fight another blown up bantom where hes 1/200 to win.
    I don't have any problem with the quality of opposition in Kiko, even I have to admit it was Frampton who showed his own potential against him, not Martinez lacking in much but that is kind of the point, whatever Quigg does it doesn't boost his own chances much as Fenster said earlier in the thread. Santa Cruz , Mares etc is where Quigg should be heading if Frampton is going to let Mcguigan lose him a big payday.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's no reason to believe Kiko is no longer in his pomp. He did better in the 2nd fight with Frampton than the 1st. He's only 28.

Quigg should get all the credit in the world if he beats him - but many wont see it like that (even the many that are picking Kiko to win).

Donaire gets mentioned by Eddie all the time for a possible Quigg fight. Donaire himself was talking Quigg this week. Donaire is a little faded but is still a terrific name.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haha shit I didn't realise I posted this in the wrong thread lol

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Tam Seddon View Post
    Haha shit I didn't realise I posted this in the wrong thread lol
    You need to stop drinking.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    There's no reason to believe Kiko is no longer in his pomp. He did better in the 2nd fight with Frampton than the 1st. He's only 28.

Quigg should get all the credit in the world if he beats him - but many wont see it like that (even the many that are picking Kiko to win).

Donaire gets mentioned by Eddie all the time for a possible Quigg fight. Donaire himself was talking Quigg this week. Donaire is a little faded but is still a terrific name.
    Mad that Kiko is only 28. Been around forever.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Crolla-Perez

Crolla is the nicest man in the world. Fact. Not sure what he actually does standout but he's been on a roll. Perez had eight thousand amateur fights and his only pro loss is against Gamboa.

Sentimentality is a fast-track to the poor house.

Perez - KO 5/2
    wasn't sure what to bet on here so I went with this, have 5 dollars on a triple of perez by ko, arreola by ko and abraham decision, gives about 9 or 10/1 odds

Thread Information