Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default The USA is just an Oligarchy with unlimited political bribery

And the same thing applies to governors, and U.S. Senators and congress members. So, now we've just seen a subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect, and sometimes get, favors for themselves after the election is over. ... At the present time the incumbents, Democrats and Republicans, look upon this unlimited money as a great benefit to themselves. Somebody that is already in Congress has a great deal more to sell.
    @Kirkland Laing @Gandalf @El Kabong @Spicoli

........ the U.S. is an oligarchy, no democratic country, at all. American democracy is a sham, no matter how much it's pumped by the oligarchs who run the country (and who control the nation's 'news' media).
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 08-04-2015 at 03:20 AM.

El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The USA is just an Oligarchy with unlimited political bribery

If it is, then it is more so now than it has been in the past

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by el kabong View Post
    if it is, then it is more so now than it has been in the past
    abso-freaking-lutely

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    abso-freaking-lutely
    Go back to Turkey, now there is a beautiful country, no corruption their.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    abso-freaking-lutely
    Go back to Turkey, now there is a beautiful country, no corruption their.
    Im not arguing a mutually exclusive argument here. In no way does what I wrote imply that Turkey ---that great CESS POOL ---- is not corrupt or should be compared to the US or any other country.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always hate the argument "If you don't like it, then move to Cuba, China, Turkey (whatever country is deemed sinister)". It would be far better if people were allowed to stay, point out the flaws, and then have a society function based on how things can be improved for everybody. The 'you are either with us or against us' line is such a monkey brained cliche. They say it as though the oligarchs really are at one with the general populace. The title of the thread is true, though I would term it a plutocracy. I know it sounds harsh, but if the US did what it did and kept to itself I wouldn't mind so much. The problem is that it is exporting this insidious ideology around the world and that is where puppet states likewise adopt barbaric neo liberal mania economic policies, support illegal wars, help to rendition etc. It isn't just about America, it is that people in Turkey are likewise affected by the unchecked power. Brock could go to Turkey, but the crazed oligarchs are globalists. Unfortunately going away isn't a solution. Everywhere has central banks and Starbucks etc. Funnily enough North Korea doesn't have a central bank and I don't think Starbucks has caught on. In some ways they are pretty progressive. "Bugger off to North Korea then". Sigh.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 countries. Thats how many. I paid $160 USD to get 32 additional pages in my passport. I seen alot.

Now Im back and i find besides cheap suopermarket food and BJ's Warehouse heaven, Americans where I am are uncaring, impatient, selfish pricks. Customer service in America does not exist. It is TRASH.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I always hate the argument "If you don't like it, then move to Cuba, China, Turkey (whatever country is deemed sinister)". It would be far better if people were allowed to stay, point out the flaws, and then have a society function based on how things can be improved for everybody. The 'you are either with us or against us' line is such a monkey brained cliche. They say it as though the oligarchs really are at one with the general populace. The title of the thread is true, though I would term it a plutocracy. I know it sounds harsh, but if the US did what it did and kept to itself I wouldn't mind so much. The problem is that it is exporting this insidious ideology around the world and that is where puppet states likewise adopt barbaric neo liberal mania economic policies, support illegal wars, help to rendition etc. It isn't just about America, it is that people in Turkey are likewise affected by the unchecked power. Brock could go to Turkey, but the crazed oligarchs are globalists. Unfortunately going away isn't a solution. Everywhere has central banks and Starbucks etc. Funnily enough North Korea doesn't have a central bank and I don't think Starbucks has caught on. In some ways they are pretty progressive. "Bugger off to North Korea then". Sigh.
    I only said that cause @brocktonblockbust lives in Turkey. WTF. When did you two become so serious. I've asked Brock several times how long he is here thinking that we could get together but the bastard keeps ignoring me. I often critique the US, most of us who live here do. You guys need to let me know when the rules change. I can't keep up with it. I am only serious about ten percent of the time here. So you can both go back to your respective countries, hop in your prams, and play rubber ducky.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nah, I am not so serious so chill dude, but I have heard the 'You don't live here, so shut up' or 'Do not criticize A, go to B, C, D' line so many times and especially on here. It just makes me notice when I hear that. I don't think anyone should have to go anywhere. Why can they just not stay home with a minimally corrupt system that gives a little hope? Is that so bad?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only said that cause @brocktonblockbust lives in Turkey. WTF. When did you two become so serious. I've asked Brock several times how long he is here thinking that we could get together but the bastard keeps ignoring me. I often critique the US, most of us who live here do. You guys need to let me know when the rules change. I can't keep up with it. I am only serious about ten percent of the time here. So you can both go back to your respective countries, hop in your prams, and play rubber ducky.
    Not sure what happened here. I wasnt getting serious or anything, I've always roughly said the same shit. No rules changed bro. Honest. Nothing got personal or anything, dont worry

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what happened here. I wasnt getting serious or anything, I've always roughly said the same shit. No rules changed bro. Honest. Nothing got personal or anything, dont worry
    Yeah, I'm just having fun on my part. I had a he'll of a weekend at work. You mentioned the oilgarks. It's funny if you read about Putin's rise to power. He was put there by the oil guys who ran the country up to that time. They figured Putin, who had been stuck at midranking positions would be grateful and easyl.to control. Shortly there after he flipped the script and said this is how it's going to be bitches

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Putin was shootin' and now he be lootin'!

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

24 countries. Thats how many. I paid $160 USD to get 32 additional pages in my passport. I seen alot.

Now Im back and i find besides cheap suopermarket food and BJ's Warehouse heaven, Americans where I am are uncaring, impatient, selfish pricks. Customer service in America does not exist. It is TRASH.
    You need to get off the east coast and avoid LA as well. In OKC the people are great, same in south Texas, Montana, Minnesota, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post

You need to get off the east coast and avoid LA as well. In OKC the people are great, same in south Texas, Montana, Minnesota, Wyoming, Idaho, Washington.
    I agree to a point Grey, I've been to a few of the state's you mentioned and the people were very nice, however, not all the East Coast is bad. I've lived in New England all my life with the exception of being abroad for a while and we have some great people out here. Also, parts of New Jersey are very nice and I have a few friends their. I think on the East Coast we are all running around getting to the next place but people will stop what they are doing if you need a hand or have a question. Of course every state has its idiots and bad areas where it may be better not to ask for help.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by greynotsoold View Post

@greynotsoold

You're right bro. We're moving to Austin.

Thread Information