Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan - Pacquiao ?

Amir Khan Expects Manny Pacquiao Fight, Would 'Grab' Danny Garcia Rematch | Bleacher Report

"I think the fight can happen. If it makes sense financially for both of us, then I think the fight will definitely take place. ... Fighting-style wise, Manny wasn't at his best against a defensive Mayweather, but with me I'm a totally different fighter. We both like to fight, move and both have tremendous hand speed. I think it would be amazing. I'd love to take that fight.
    It would be massive in the UAE, but there are other few places. Qatar is one that is interested in me fighting over there as well as Dubai and Abu Dhabi. All the major sports are going over there now, so why not take boxing there. Starting off with Amir Khan versus Manny Pacquiao would be massive out there. ... I think it would be one of the biggest fights ever."
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan - Pacquiao ?

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Amir Khan Expects Manny Pacquiao Fight, Would 'Grab' Danny Garcia Rematch | Bleacher Report

"I think the fight can happen. If it makes sense financially for both of us, then I think the fight will definitely take place. ... Fighting-style wise, Manny wasn't at his best against a defensive Mayweather, but with me I'm a totally different fighter. We both like to fight, move and both have tremendous hand speed. I think it would be amazing. I'd love to take that fight.
    It would be massive in the UAE, but there are other few places. Qatar is one that is interested in me fighting over there as well as Dubai and Abu Dhabi. All the major sports are going over there now, so why not take boxing there. Starting off with Amir Khan versus Manny Pacquiao would be massive out there. ... I think it would be one of the biggest fights ever."
    He just cant help himself eh. Needs to take that dig at Floyd.In addition, mixing it up may not be the best approach for a man like Manny. I'd love to see him get a second kick at Garcia but there again he would have to know that Garcia would be bull rushing in to land something.

Not sure how I look at fights in those areas. Not sure why Arum wants his star fighting there either. Must be a tax thing for Manny or maybe something a little sinister which I wont raise here but lets just say I believe their local commissions would be in the dark ages.

I can see Khan asking for Floyd like tests feeling he's in charge and the headliner lol. He'd be crazy not to take this fight and he's done a fair amount of gum flapping about "two huge fights" next. Not sure why he wont even mention Brooks name in any interviews, he's not going away. A loss to Manny most likely wont effect the chances of that domestic showdown but another loss to Garcia could drop his stock. Brook v Khan is the fight I want most and I cant see the British public letting this one off the hook.

Lots of wheel spinning in this division. Seems all the primas dont want to fight each other.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is Haymon going to let his guy go and fight as the opponent on an Arum promotion?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Is Haymon going to let his guy go and fight as the opponent on an Arum promotion?
    Haymon has pretty well everyone except Manny and Brook at WW, and there is always the chance KHan loses to anyone the way I see it. I don't think this fight is likely as no fights discussed for this part of the world EVER happen, but I think it would be to much of a chance for Haymon or KHan to pass up. Manny could be ripe for the picking, and what else is Khan going to do? I see Thurman, POrter Brook, or a Garcia rematch as all being just as dangerous for him and obviously without half the reward.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I can see Khan asking for Floyd like tests feeling he's in charge and the headliner lol.
    I could be wrong but I think Manny is now hooked up with VADA, which would mean they would do random tests on him regardless of the opponent or location.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post

Khan dumped Haymon brother.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    I can see Khan asking for Floyd like tests feeling he's in charge and the headliner lol.
    I could be wrong but I think Manny is now hooked up with VADA, which would mean they would do random tests on him regardless of the opponent or location.
    Interesting.

Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arum seems open to the idea

Arum to offer Khan fight to Pacquiao - Bad Left Hook

Bob Arum has had some initial meetings with Amir Khan's people (which probably didn't include Al Haymon), and says that Khan is "a priority" on the list of potential opponents for Manny Pacquiao's comeback fight, which they're looking to hold sometime in February/March 2016.
    "This takes time and I will present everything to Manny and we'll see what happens," Arum said.
    Arum is still considering Qatar, UAE, and Las Vegas as possible site locations for Pacquiao's return fight, but there aren't many who believe the fight will ultimately land in the Middle East. Arum has been mentioning the Middle East as a big fight location for a while now, but no fight has come to fruition there at this point.
    As for Khan, he's been vocal (per usual) about wanting a big-name fight and has shifted his focus towards Manny Pacquiao after losing out on the Mayweather fight to stablemate Andre Berto.
    Bob Arum also says that unbeaten Terence Crawford is on the shortlist for Pacquiao's return fight. So tell me fans, which fight would you rather see, Pacquiao-Khan or Pacquiao-Crawford?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That would be Khan's next choice as he now knows Floyd will never fight him.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post
    Arum seems open to the idea

Arum to offer Khan fight to Pacquiao - Bad Left Hook

Bob Arum has had some initial meetings with Amir Khan's people (which probably didn't include Al Haymon), and says that Khan is "a priority" on the list of potential opponents for Manny Pacquiao's comeback fight, which they're looking to hold sometime in February/March 2016.
    "This takes time and I will present everything to Manny and we'll see what happens," Arum said.
    Arum is still considering Qatar, UAE, and Las Vegas as possible site locations for Pacquiao's return fight, but there aren't many who believe the fight will ultimately land in the Middle East. Arum has been mentioning the Middle East as a big fight location for a while now, but no fight has come to fruition there at this point.
    As for Khan, he's been vocal (per usual) about wanting a big-name fight and has shifted his focus towards Manny Pacquiao after losing out on the Mayweather fight to stablemate Andre Berto.
    Bob Arum also says that unbeaten Terence Crawford is on the shortlist for Pacquiao's return fight. So tell me fans, which fight would you rather see, Pacquiao-Khan or Pacquiao-Crawford?

Depends whether you want Pacquiao to win or lose. He KO's Khan, but loses to Crawford.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac wins clearly- IF this was 3 or more years ago.

I think Pac's time is over. He can still beat the snot out of flat footed fighters. But I see a mobile Khan forcing Pac to follow him. And unlike Floyd who moves- then strikes. Khan can hit while on the go.

If Pac connects flush- I think he can end it, but maybe Khan would fight a lot smarter & keep distance. I also wonder if it is true that Khan got the best of sparring in the link below- if so, I think he'd do best to repeat those efforts.
    The Sun
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Thread Information