Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oscar vs Tito -- whats your score?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oscar vs Tito -- whats your score?

I think Oscar won but watching it again I can see a draw. Oscar really did make himself look like the loser coming down the stretch
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Foreman and Merchant's commentary is comedy gold.

Foreman - "Tito has been thrown off by the size of Oscar's shoulders"
    Merchant - "Why?"
    Foreman - "They're massive for that weight"
    Merchant - "So?"
    Foreman - "When you see big shoulders it makes you stop"

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    I think Oscar won but watching it again I can see a draw. Oscar really did make himself look like the loser coming down the stretch

I respect that. Point is, the fight was a lot closer than some people make it out to be.... and watching it again I can see why, because the commentary was anything but neutral. A robbery it was not.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

First time i've ever watched that fight with the American commentary. I didn't think they were that much pro Oscar, Lederman scored it a draw and both George and Larry said it was close. If anything Merchant and Lederman were having a pop at Oscar for "running"

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    First time i've ever watched that fight with the American commentary. I didn't think they were that much pro Oscar, Lederman scored it a draw and both George and Larry said it was close. If anything Merchant and Lederman were having a pop at Oscar for "running"

Lampley was at his best in the "and ANOTHER right hand!!" category. Rewatching the fight and attempting to correlate Lampley's blow-by-blow to the actual action was eye-opening to say the least. DLH was always known for the "made for TV" flurries, like he did to pull out the fight versus Ike Quartey. Combine that with Lampley's overzealousness and HBO's love affair with the Golden Boy, and you've got a recipe for biased commentary.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    1 - DLH (and I was being kind.... Trinidad did little.... DLH did even less)
    2 - Trinidad
    3 - Trinidad
    4 - Trinidad
    5 - DLH
    6 - DLH
    7 - DLH
    8 - Trinidad
    9 - Trinidad
    10 - DLH (although he was running like Usain Bolt... once again I was kind-hearted)
    11 - Trinidad
    12 - Trinidad

7 - 5: Trinidad

It's no wonder so many people consider it a (cough)..... robbery. With the deep-throating Lampley ("and ANOTHER big right hand").... regardless of whether it missed or not... and the rest of the adoring HBO crew..... it's no wonder how many clueless people got swayed.

Robbery my ass.

All I know is HBO and Vegas' darling lost the decision to U.S. judges, on U.S. soil, on DLH's backyard.... when DLH was still undefeated and America's darling.

Live with it.
    The fact that you could give Trinidad rounds 2, 3 and 4 show you're watching with a bit of a vested interest haha. Trinidad won round 1 (based on both guys doing hardly anything) and then didn't win another until round 10, and that's what's up.

Round 2 - Oscar is landing the clean, damaging punches. Tito is hitting Oscar's gloves. Oscar finishes the round strong.

Round 3 - Oscar again lands the clean, effective punches. Boxes Tito's ears off for the entire second half of the round.

Round 4 - Oscar gives Tito a boxing lesson for the entire round. Tito lands a couple punches at the end of the round. Is that supposed to undue the boxing clinic Oscar gave him for the entire round?

What fight are you guys watching? Oscar boxed beautifully, he was throwing the combinations and landing the clean punches. Tito was plodding and throwing one punch at a time, which the Compubox numbers show as DLH landing a 100 more punches than Tito did.
    David Lemieux = Future MW Champ and P4P King

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As I recall I had it 2-2-1 after five, scored the next three for Oscar, then four for Trinidad.
    That fight features Lampley's most biased commentary ever.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanflicker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    1 - DLH (and I was being kind.... Trinidad did little.... DLH did even less)
    2 - Trinidad
    3 - Trinidad
    4 - Trinidad
    5 - DLH
    6 - DLH
    7 - DLH
    8 - Trinidad
    9 - Trinidad
    10 - DLH (although he was running like Usain Bolt... once again I was kind-hearted)
    11 - Trinidad
    12 - Trinidad

7 - 5: Trinidad

It's no wonder so many people consider it a (cough)..... robbery. With the deep-throating Lampley ("and ANOTHER big right hand").... regardless of whether it missed or not... and the rest of the adoring HBO crew..... it's no wonder how many clueless people got swayed.

Robbery my ass.

All I know is HBO and Vegas' darling lost the decision to U.S. judges, on U.S. soil, on DLH's backyard.... when DLH was still undefeated and America's darling.

Live with it.
    The fact that you could give Trinidad rounds 2, 3 and 4 show you're watching with a bit of a vested interest haha. Trinidad won round 1 (based on both guys doing hardly anything) and then didn't win another until round 10, and that's what's up.

Round 2 - Oscar is landing the clean, damaging punches. Tito is hitting Oscar's gloves. Oscar finishes the round strong.

Round 3 - Oscar again lands the clean, effective punches. Boxes Tito's ears off for the entire second half of the round.

Round 4 - Oscar gives Tito a boxing lesson for the entire round. Tito lands a couple punches at the end of the round. Is that supposed to undue the boxing clinic Oscar gave him for the entire round?

What fight are you guys watching? Oscar boxed beautifully, he was throwing the combinations and landing the clean punches. Tito was plodding and throwing one punch at a time, which the Compubox numbers show as DLH landing a 100 more punches than Tito did.

"Clean and damaging"? Trinidad only hit Oscar's gloves??
    You got your head up Fishnet Boy's ass even further than Lampley did.
    Must've not been a lot of room left over in there.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Oscar by 2.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do agree that the word robbery gets thrown around too much this was a robbery. Tito rarely landed in the fight. Even the rounds Oscar was "running," he was still landing some jabs while Tito was following him around the ring not landing anything. I guess if you think that Tito won then you probably agree that mayweater should have had a draw with canelo because he was "running."

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I do agree that the word robbery gets thrown around too much this was a robbery. Tito rarely landed in the fight. Even the rounds Oscar was "running," he was still landing some jabs while Tito was following him around the ring not landing anything. I guess if you think that Tito won then you probably agree that mayweater should have had a draw with canelo because he was "running."
    Yes I did actually or 7-5 to Floyd.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Yes I did actually or 7-5 to Floyd.
    Well we know that Europeans can't score fights so I don't blame you

Thread Information