Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glaring flaws in great fighters.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Glaring flaws in great fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Ali tired too much and took long times off in rounds...

Foreman was a terrible counter-puncher...

Oscar DLH never won out tough fights... he didn't have the grit...

Shane Mosely never liked to get punched back... good counter-puncher, but when you hit him with combos, he backs off...

Tyson gave up on himself in the ring... more than once... Douglas, Holyfield he just gave up...

Chavez was a slow puncher... you can see his punches a mile off... he couldn't beat anyone with great head movement and reflexes, ala Sweet Pea Whitaker.

Cotto has little to NO head movement... that's why Pac beat him to a crisp...

Manny gets hit way too often... because he is always coming forward, throwing punches. Very rarely back fought and boxed on the back foot.

Sugar Ray, for as fast as he was, was always second in the exchanges. Watch closely his fight with Duran, both with Hearns and with Hagler, even though he won most of them, he was ALWAYS second in the exchanges. What he made up for it was with fast combinations, because he had natural talent.

Roy... kept his hands down way too often... tis why he got knocked out by Johnson and Tarver like he did.
    I disagree with just about every one of these
    I disagree as well.

De La Hoya vs Ike Quartay - example of a tough fight he came through in the 12th round - a LOT of grit.

Tyson gave up on his stool only once I think vs Mcbride

Jones Jnr - the "flaw" was part of why he was so good - it just didn't last forever. Not a flaw.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Kahn telegraphs some of his punches, something rotten.

So did Muhammad Ali:
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali was a disrespectful prick in and out of the ring!

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Ali had a lot of flaws Bill 2.0.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Brock, Bill, and myself The Three Musketeers. I was hoping you would become the fourth but I can see you are doomed to walk the Dark Path. Our thoughts and prayers follow you, it is never too late.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

3.0 now.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    3.0 now.
    3 degrees

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will start with Muhammad Ali because he is supposed to be the greatest even tho at least 4 great heavy weights in history who would have kicked the s*** out of him. First of all as master has stated I don't think I ever saw him throw a body punch. Number 2 Ali was very boring to watch sometimes due to his running around like a chicken and showing off his latest Colombian salsa dance moves and footwork to try to impress the judges with gymnastics. By doing this he knew that it was impossible for other fighters to hit him. So in a way this is just burning the clock and then coming back to fight 30 or 40 seconds of the round and throw a few flicking jabs like a girl and grab behind the head to win the rounds.
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 10-17-2015 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I will start with Muhammad Ali because he is supposed to be the greatest even tho at least 4 great heavy weights in history who would have kicked the s*** out of him. First of all as master has stated I don't think I ever saw him throw a body punch. Number 2 Ali was very boring to watch sometimes due to his running around like a chicken and showing off his latest Colombian salsa dance moves and footwork to try to impress the judges with gymnastics. By doing this he knew that it was impossible for other fighters to hit him. So in a way this is just burning the clock and then coming back to fight 30 or 40 seconds of the round and throw a few flicking jabs like a girl and grab behind the head to win the rounds.
    That was the Ali in the late 70's not prime and even with all his class he still beat 3 great champions Joe, George and Sonny. The greatest ever!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next I will move to another all-time favorite of mine Wladimir Klitschko. I just cannot picture of this gawky awkward looking gun shy octopus getting into an exchange or trading blows where he stays in the pocket and throws three or four or five power punches firing combinations on his opponent. All I can ever picture with this clown is a left or right and then a running away when the opponent gets ready to counter. So what we have here is a big amateur 6 foot 7 inches who can throw a 1/2 and then lean all the way back like a giraffe with his Octopussy arms reaching all the way forward pushing his opponent away while he leans back we are talking about a good six feet of distance that he can suddenly create due to his extreme height and gangly arms. What an absolutely s*** ass boring s*** ass style of fighting that is my criticism of him.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Next I will move to another all-time favorite of mine Wladimir Klitschko. I just cannot picture of this gawky awkward looking gun shy octopus getting into an exchange or trading blows where he stays in the pocket and throws three or four or five power punches firing combinations on his opponent. All I can ever picture with this clown is a left or right and then a running away when the opponent gets ready to counter. So what we have here is a big amateur 6 foot 7 inches who can throw a 1/2 and then lean all the way back like a giraffe with his Octopussy arms reaching all the way forward pushing his opponent away while he leans back we are talking about a good six feet of distance that he can suddenly create due to his extreme height and gangly arms. What an absolutely s*** ass boring s*** ass style of fighting that is my criticism of him.
    Wlad has the 2nd highest number of defences and that consistantcy takes a lot to achieve and makes him a top heavyweight.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as Muhammad Ali goes he never beat Ken Norton in any of the three matches and he would have lost all three to Frazier if Fraser was able to finish the third fight. In fact if Fraser has gone out for the 15th round ali had just told Dundee to cut his gloves off. Frazier also won their second bout by 3 points according to every single boxing expert in New York New Jersey Connecticut Massachusetts Pennsylvania Delaware and Washington DC.

Ken Norton won all three bouts
    Earnie Shavers won his bout against ali. Jimmy young won his bout against Ali. Leon Spinks won both of his bouts against Ali.
    Doug Jones beat Olly. The list goes on and on master. They say his best performance was against Cleveland Williams ---the Cleveland Williams just got a f****** kidney removed 7 months before the fight and still has shrapnell near his spine from being shot by several bullets hardly a challenging opponent
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 10-18-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If we are going to detract from Rocky Marciano great heavyweight REIGN which lasted from 1952 until 1956 due to the fact that the level of competition at that time was rather mediocre then we have to do the same thing when it comes to Wladimir Klitschko.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As far as Muhammad Ali goes he never beat Ken Norton in any of the three matches and he would have lost all three to Frazier if Fraser was able to finish the third fight. In fact if Fraser has gone out for the 15th round ali had just told Dundee to cut his gloves off. Frazier also won their second bout by 3 points according to every single boxing expert in New York New Jersey Connecticut Massachusetts Pennsylvania Delaware and Washington DC.

Earnie Shavers won his bout against ali. Jimmy young won his bout against Ali. Leon Spinks won both of his bouts against Ali.
    Doug Jones beat Olly. The list goes on and on master. They say his best performance was against Cleveland Williams ---the Cleveland Williams just got a f****** kidney removed 7 months before the fight and still has shrapnell near his spine from being shot by several bullets hardly a challenging opponent
    Ali shot Cleveland which is a little known fact. So that he would be weakened when they fought.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ali shot Cleveland which is a little known fact. So that he would be weakened when they fought.
    Shot him AND fellatioed 'em

Thread Information