Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Andy Ruiz- Playing Possum?

Did anyone have the notion that Andy Ruiz could have knocked out Zambrano-Love at any point in that fight, but he didn't?!

Is he trying to get the work in in these 8-rounders, or do you think he lost some steam as he lost a few pounds?

I'm quite certain having seen him ko strong guys like Hanks, Hammer and Queazada, that he does have pop and he can stop someone cold.

What do you think?
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Andy Ruiz- Playing Possum?

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Did anyone have the notion that Andy Ruiz could have knocked out Zambrano-Love at any point in that fight, but he didn't?!

Is he trying to get the work in in these 8-rounders, or do you think he lost some steam as he lost a few pounds?

I'm quite certain having seen him ko strong guys like Hanks, Hammer and Queazada, that he does have pop and he can stop someone cold.

What do you think?
    I think he has dieted rather than trained hard to lose weight. There is no semblance of muscle tone on him anywhere and you may be right in that he is now weaker. Although even before he lost that bit of weight he still struggled big time with an old wreck of Liakovich!

He is skilled in how he can put fluid combinations together but thats it. He doesnt have much power, doesnt seem a true heavyweight in strength,mhe doesnt move his head. He is an ideal opponent and would make for a good fight with Hughie Fury and if I were managing Hughie this is a fight id chase.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Is he still fat?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is he still fat?
    Yes just 20lb lighter but still looks as bad as Arreola ever has.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He did look weaker but oddly in 'better' shape. He looked pretty frustrated that Love was still there at the bell. His footwork was unimaginative and sat directly in front of the guy. Then again Love has been shipped around over the last year serving as opponent and not sure if he was in there just accepting his role trying to survive.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    He did look weaker but oddly in 'better' shape. He looked pretty frustrated that Love was still there at the bell. His footwork was unimaginative and sat directly in front of the guy. Then again Love has been shipped around over the last year serving as opponent and not sure if he was in there just accepting his role trying to survive.
    He wasnt that negative Love. Ruiz is going nowhere.
    There were portions of this fight I saw like maybe the second half of round 7 where Love used the jab and moved and Ruiz was fucked. Its only when Love just stopped doing anything that Ruiz was able to work.

Ruiz needs to wake up and fast because he is talented. Hes going to be another fringe challenger like Arreola. He doesnt have Arreolas physical strength or power but he does have excellent punching as in accuracy, putting different punches together etc. When he lets his shots go its nice to watch. He just needs to get much fitter.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    There were portions of this fight I saw like maybe the second half of round 7 where Love used the jab and moved and Ruiz was fucked. Its only when Love just stopped doing anything that Ruiz was able to work.

Ruiz needs to wake up and fast because he is talented. Hes going to be another fringe challenger like Arreola. He doesnt have Arreolas physical strength or power but he does have excellent punching as in accuracy, putting different punches together etc. When he lets his shots go its nice to watch. He just needs to get much fitter.
    He actually snuck Ruiz with a couple of slappy right hands but he looked like he was concentrating on getting out of the way as much as he was taking advantage how stationary and there Ruiz is. He def doesn't seem to be as durable as Arreola, lacks that tenacity and hard edge. Trying to move his head more, turning shoulders well but for as deceptively fluid as his hands are, his base will keep him in range to be chewed up with deeper guys.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post

He actually snuck Ruiz with a couple of slappy right hands but he looked like he was concentrating on getting out of the way as much as he was taking advantage how stationary and there Ruiz is. He def doesn't seem to be as durable as Arreola, lacks that tenacity and hard edge. Trying to move his head more, turning shoulders well but for as deceptively fluid as his hands are, his base will keep him in range to be chewed up with deeper guys.
    I think him and Whyte would make a good scrappy fight.

If I had a prospect he would be an ideal opponent. Will make them think but is there to be outboxed.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has some natural ability for sure, but impossible to take him that seriously. He's not willing to get into decent shape by a man on the streets standards, I don't get it. He's small for HW and not good enough to be a serious player anyways, but he doesn't even give himself a chance to win the fights that he might be capable of.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet another boost for AJ. Wipes out guys in minutes that other prospects are getting tested by.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

El Kabong Guest

Ruiz and Arreola should fight soon. I have never rated the guy, I think he's a poor man's version of Cris Arreola.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Ruiz and Arreola should fight soon. I have never rated the guy, I think he's a poor man's version of Cris Arreola.

That much blubber in the ring at the same time.
    I don't know......

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post

That much blubber in the ring at the same time.
    I don't know......

The ring would give way...

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is he still fat?
    Sorta.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information