Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I eat on the day of Weigh-In and the competition?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default What should I eat on the day of Weigh-In and the competition?

what should I eat on the day of the weigh-in, after the weigh-in, and the day of the competition?

I heard that I should eat egg whites on the day of the weigh-in, and after the weigh-in I should rehydrate myself with water, take in carbs, and electrolytes.

Is this accurate?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: What should I eat on the day of Weigh-In and the competition?

Don't get too far ahead of your self. When you get to the point where you get weighed a day before you fight you'll be a proffesional and know what to do from your training experience and your nutritionalist.

When you do Amatuer fighting you get weighed on the same day, within an hour or two of the bout, some times less. One time I fought recently I got weighed, changed and put my gloves on and it was fight time... :P

On the day of the fight and weigh in drink loads of water, food with B vitamins and Potasium like Bananas and alot of complex starchy carbs from cereal and pasta etc.

Don't dive into this stuff, take it a step at a time. You've obviuosly not had an amatuer bout yet and probably don't know how to eat best before going to the gym (its practicly the same as a bout... its only 6 minutes... you'll be in the gym for hours :P). Always confuses me when we have posts on here asking advanced stuff when the poster hasn't learned to walk yet but wants to know how to run :P

People need to learn the difference between the pro and amatuer game, we get people doing miles and miles of running but with no speed or sprints and hours of skipping, as if they are training for a 40 minute pro bout. its the same with tactics we get these big post about setting up shots by positioning stuff like in chess over 12 rounds. its true to some degree but in a bout with 3 2 minute rounds you'd be better off mastering the fundimentals better and working on your fitness.

Just take yout time and you'll learn as you go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what he said

but dont eat soon before the fight. when you eat your body changes its mode, and goes into digestion. all your energy is converted to break down the food you just ate, so you wont have shit to box with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    Don't get too far ahead of your self. When you get to the point where you get weighed a day before you fight you'll be a proffesional and know what to do from your training experience and your nutritionalist.

When you do Amatuer fighting you get weighed on the same day, within an hour or two of the bout, some times less. One time I fought recently I got weighed, changed and put my gloves on and it was fight time... :P

On the day of the fight and weigh in drink loads of water, food with B vitamins and Potasium like Bananas and alot of complex starchy carbs from cereal and pasta etc.

Don't dive into this stuff, take it a step at a time. You've obviuosly not had an amatuer bout yet and probably don't know how to eat best before going to the gym (its practicly the same as a bout... its only 6 minutes... you'll be in the gym for hours :P). Always confuses me when we have posts on here asking advanced stuff when the poster hasn't learned to walk yet but wants to know how to run :P

People need to learn the difference between the pro and amatuer game, we get people doing miles and miles of running but with no speed or sprints and hours of skipping, as if they are training for a 40 minute pro bout. its the same with tactics we get these big post about setting up shots by positioning stuff like in chess over 12 rounds. its true to some degree but in a bout with 3 2 minute rounds you'd be better off mastering the fundimentals better and working on your fitness.

Just take yout time and you'll learn as you go
    Actually, I'm not a boxer. I do taekwondo and the weigh-in is the same stuff so that's why I'm asking, and we weigh-in the day before the competition. I'm asking on this forum because the taekwondo forum is dead and you don't get much help there anyways.

The thing is I think you can weigh-in from certain time like 12pm - 8:00pm because when I went to state competition for taekwondo I weighed-in at 7:30pm. I didn't eat nothing the whole day to make weight. After that I went back to the hotel room and ate, then went to sleep. My competition wasn't til like around 6-8pm the next day. I went to the stadium early, where they held the event, because that was my only ride.

I was bascially there all day til I competed at around 6-8pm. I probably ate like a sandwhich, some fruit, and a drink the whole day. When it was time to compete, I had no energy and I was tired from just being in the stadium all day. I even fell asleep couple of times in the bleechers waiting for my match to come.

I just need advice on what I should eat before weigh-ins, after weigh-ins, and before the competition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

is it alright to drink water before a fight? (not too much; don't wanna have to go to the bathroom during the match )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i think its best to eat about 2 hours before the fight as u shudnt feel bloated or full but ull still feel strong and powerful by the time the fight starts

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Clint
    is it alright to drink water before a fight? (not too much; don't wanna have to go to the bathroom during the match )
    a boxing fight?... :P of course... it is... you don't want to be dehydrated do you? :P

2-3 hours is the best time to eat... wether or not you can eat is a different matter... you could be getting weighed that long before a fight...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

ye the last show i was on started at 7pm i werent on till bout 10 or just after lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you should try being a senior light heavy/heavy weight... I'm always last or second last... some times I fight really far from my city so I don't get back till early the next morning...

I may try and get down to flyweight so I can get home earlier

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hahaha i think my next fight may have to be a senior bout im not sure i have havent asked the trainers at the gym but what is the cut off point isnt it 17 and so many days or sumat like tht

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think its 17 and a half.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

iv got till august then

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

just intime for the start of Next season...

How many you had now?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

9 i did say earlier it was 8 but im quite forgetful its either 8 or 9 anyways lol

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

looks like you could start the season as a senior and already past the stage of novice... talk about getting chucked in at the deep end :P

Thread Information