Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Road to GGG vs. Canelo!

The odds are that GGG takes on Taureno Johnson in February, and Canelo takes on a name in the WBC top 15 ranking other than Lemiuex, Jikam or Eubank Jr. sometime in early March for a tune up.

Then by June we will have GGG vs. Canelo. It may not be able to make Cinco De-Mayo, but if we want to see it at it's prime best, May would not be a good time for either of them to get into the ring.

Canelo would not want to take on GGG right after Cotto for the February slot. Unless they BOTH decide to wait, make the fight for May now, and then have everyone on pins and needles.

It's going to be a longer-than-usual layoff for GGG. But what else could there be?

I say: Both have tune ups in February (for GGG) and early March (for Canelo) and the showdown happens in June/July. For something like this, I do not feel as if Cinco De Mayo matters because it is going to be HUGE regardless of the date. People are going to want to see it....

Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Road to GGG vs. Canelo!

Canelo will not fight GGG. The road ended when he saw what GGG did to all the top middleweights.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo and his camp already said they will fight at 155 for a while. Even if GGG agreed to come down I don't think he'd get the fight. This is exactly why the fight shouldn't have been for the title the other night, it's a crock.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo doesn't seem to be the type to dodge the best out there. He fought Lara and didn't have to.

They'll fight and GGG should win. He's the better puncher and dare I say boxer as well.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Canelo doesn't seem to be the type to dodge the best out there. He fought Lara and didn't have to.

They'll fight and GGG should win. He's the better puncher and dare I say boxer as well.
    Not that I at all agree with Canelo being the better boxer but I'll let that one slide. But the better puncher? Haha. How many in a row has ggg KO'd? And when is the last time Canelo scored a KO? No way ggg wouldn't have KO'd Cotto.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Not that I at all agree with Canelo being the better boxer but I'll let that one slide. But the better puncher? Haha. How many in a row has ggg KO'd? And when is the last time Canelo scored a KO? No way ggg wouldn't have KO'd Cotto.
    He did stop both Kirkland and angulo but they were both put in there specifically to be KO'd.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think he said GGG should win and is the better puncher and maybe boxer....

I thought de la hoya said canelo is going ot be fighting the first saturday in may and that it isn't going to be golovkin.. which is a shame, hbo seem to be pushing for the fight so hopefully it happens at a fair weight some time next year, I hope canelo wins but I doubt it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well I hope it doesn't happen, just think its a waste of time and yet another for the love of god catchweight creation. Canelo has had things way too agreeable and then he lets off, I don't see the mentality or size to jab with a pressure jackhammer like Golovkin.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

I thought de la hoya said canelo is going ot be fighting the first saturday in may and that it isn't going to be golovkin.. which is a shame, hbo seem to be pushing for the fight so hopefully it happens at a fair weight some time next year, I hope canelo wins but I doubt it.
    That I did lol

I don't know how my post can be read any other way.

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oscar will invent a new division of 155lbs and the wbc will probably give him a belt ,
    That's how ridiculous boxing is becoming , if you are a me fight GGG .
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

That I did lol

I don't know how my post can be read any other way.
    I don't know how I read that wrong. Oops!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Canelo will not fight GGG. The road ended when he saw what GGG did to all the top middleweights.
    When did GGG fight all the top MWs?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I can't see it happening next. I'd love Canelo to take the challenge and I think he would if it was up to him, but I think the fight will be left to marinate a little longer.

Wouldn't it be great if GGG fought the Lee/ Saunders winner next and Canelo fought the winner of Quillin/ Jacobs then the winners squared off later in the year? It won't happen but it's nice to daydream.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    When did GGG fight all the top MWs?

Please. How many times do the facts need to be repeated and its disingenuous to pretend you dont know them.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many times since 1865 has a champion ever came down pretty much a full weight class to meet a challenger?

How many times has one even been asked?

Thread Information