Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Will Fury be fighter of the year ?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Will Fury be fighter of the year ?

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Furys win is more significant than any other win this year. Pacquiao was in the p4p rankings? Big deal! Wlad was supposedly THE top p4p fighter after Mayweather.

So Fury beats the most dominant champ today and p4p best fighter in the world in his home of Germany but hold on lets not get carried away because Mayweather beat Pacquiao in Mayweathers home town Your right, no one expected that!
    Who said it was unexpected ? you dopey twat. so are we saying that to be fighter of the year, you have to have the most unexpected victory even if that was the criteria, it still wouldn't be Fury, because as you keep telling me with your vast knowledge of betting , this wasn't that much of a shock result , was it?
    and as for significance , Mayweather and Pacquiao were no.1 and no.2 P4P. how can there be a more Significant fight, you fucking idiot?
    If there is a prize for "fighter of the weekend", Fury would win it hands down. But what the fuck has he done for the rest of the year?
    as far as I'm concerned, someone like Golovkin or Crawford or A World Champ that has consistently defended his title against top opposition throughout the year should be candidates for fighter of the year. Now Fuck off cos I'm bored of you and I'm busy.
    Sure you are.....

Inbetween stuffing wotsits in your face and scratching your ass your smearing your greasy watsit stained fingers all over your phone hiding in one of the aisles at B&Q from your supervisors and the customers

Clean up in aisle 10, someones spilled wotsits everywhere!
    Whilst your attempt at humour does have it's merits , granted, and is very imaginative, yet again you neglect to reply to any of the points raised. it's becoming a bit of a habit of yours, as I have pointed out many times and will continue to do so.
    Whilst I can categorically say I DON'T sweep wotsits up at B&Q, I can however say, that your Amateur Boxing Career was curtailed due to a million excuses suggesting a lack of bottle. They then didn't want you as a referee because you didn't know enough about the game, so you became , albeit briefly a judge, but you gave that up because a couple of people disputed one of your outlandish decisions and you shit yourself, and you are a shit recruiter of Labourers that don't turn up .
    How do I know all this ? because YOU told us all as you clearly live your life through this forum , you sad excuse for an individual! Have a nice day!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wlad wasn't that good. Not even a top p4p fighter. He did dominated a weak division. And also having an upset doesn't make you deserve FOTY. Winning one fight shouldn't make you win the fight. As primo said, pac is easily better than wlad so mayweather should be FOTY by your criteria.

If fury beat wlad earlier this year then beat wilder and got his belt I could see him getting it because he proved to be dominant in his weight class instead of just getting an upset win. Winning FOTY means that you showed your dominance. It doesn't mean you upset a good fighter.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Wlad wasn't that good. Not even a top p4p fighter. He did dominated a weak division. And also having an upset doesn't make you deserve FOTY. Winning one fight shouldn't make you win the fight. As primo said, pac is easily better than wlad so mayweather should be FOTY by your criteria.

If fury beat wlad earlier this year then beat wilder and got his belt I could see him getting it because he proved to be dominant in his weight class instead of just getting an upset win. Winning FOTY means that you showed your dominance. It doesn't mean you upset a good fighter.
    Amen to that. Like I said, Fighter of the weekend, yes, fighter of the month , probably, fighter of the year , no!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury has a good argument for fighter of the year, as does Mayweather. Like Mayweather, Fury really only has one good win this year. However, Wlad is a future first-ballot HOF, and never mind the level of the division, beating the decade's best heavyweight says a lot any way you cut it.

Canelo beat Cotto and Kirkland. He might be the front-runner.

Crawford beat whom? Dierry John and Thomas Dolorme. Not even close to FOY.

Postol has had a good year with the win over Matthysse.

Chocolatito beat Viloria, Leon and Sosa, only Viloria is a really good win, but still not a great win.

GGG beat Lemieux, Monroe Jr., and Murray. Good wins, not great.

Glowacki had a good win over a long-reigning cruiserweight title holder in Marco Huck.

DeGale beat Bute and Dirrell. That's a solid year.

Is there anyone else with at least two really good wins?

For me, unless I'm missing someone, it is Fury, Mayweather, Canelo, DeGale, and GGG.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Amen to that. Like I said, Fighter of the weekend, yes, fighter of the month , probably, fighter of the year , no!
    I have to disagree completely. Wlad dominated a division for ten years. He literally rarely lost a round for 10 years. That's incredible, never mind the level of his division. Just to name a few of his accomplishments, he pitched a shut out against lineal, unified cruiserweight champion, David Haye, beat multiple former gold medalists, and fought in countries around the world. Wlad is a first ballot HOF. Easy.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Furys win is more significant than any other win this year. Pacquiao was in the p4p rankings? Big deal! Wlad was supposedly THE top p4p fighter after Mayweather.

So Fury beats the most dominant champ today and p4p best fighter in the world in his home of Germany but hold on lets not get carried away because Mayweather beat Pacquiao in Mayweathers home town Your right, no one expected that!
    Who said it was unexpected ? you dopey twat. so are we saying that to be fighter of the year, you have to have the most unexpected victory even if that was the criteria, it still wouldn't be Fury, because as you keep telling me with your vast knowledge of betting , this wasn't that much of a shock result , was it?
    and as for significance , Mayweather and Pacquiao were no.1 and no.2 P4P. how can there be a more Significant fight, you fucking idiot?
    If there is a prize for "fighter of the weekend", Fury would win it hands down. But what the fuck has he done for the rest of the year?
    as far as I'm concerned, someone like Golovkin or Crawford or A World Champ that has consistently defended his title against top opposition throughout the year should be candidates for fighter of the year. Now Fuck off cos I'm bored of you and I'm busy.
    Sure you are.....

Inbetween stuffing wotsits in your face and scratching your ass your smearing your greasy watsit stained fingers all over your phone hiding in one of the aisles at B&Q from your supervisors and the customers

Whilst your attempt at humour does have it's merits , granted, and is very imaginative, yet again you neglect to reply to any of the points raised. it's becoming a bit of a habit of yours, as I have pointed out many times and will continue to do so.
    Whilst I can categorically say I DON'T sweep wotsits up at B&Q, I can however say, that your Amateur Boxing Career was curtailed due to a million excuses suggesting a lack of bottle. They then didn't want you as a referee because you didn't know enough about the game, so you became , albeit briefly a judge, but you gave that up because a couple of people disputed one of your outlandish decisions and you shit yourself, and you are a shit recruiter of Labourers that don't turn up .
    How do I know all this ? because YOU told us all as you clearly live your life through this forum , you sad excuse for an individual! Have a nice day!
    What do you do then?

You dont box, spar or even train or have any other kind of involvemnt in boxing other than spending an u healthy amount of time as an employee in a boxing forum.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure you are.....

What do you do then?

You dont box, spar or even train or have any other kind of involvemnt in boxing other than spending an u healthy amount of time as an employee in a boxing forum.
    I notice you don't deny any of my comments, and it's none of your business!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sure you are.....

What do you do then?

I notice you don't deny any of my comments, and it's none of your business!
    You water the plants dont you?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Rantcatrat View Post
    Fury has a good argument for fighter of the year, as does Mayweather. Like Mayweather, Fury really only has one good win this year. However, Wlad is a future first-ballot HOF, and never mind the level of the division, beating the decade's best heavyweight says a lot any way you cut it.

Canelo beat Cotto and Kirkland. He might be the front-runner. Agreed

Crawford beat whom? Dierry John and Thomas Dolorme. Not even close to FOY. He fought 2 top 10/15 fighters in the year, Fury fought 1.

Postol has had a good year with the win over Matthysse. About the same as Fury although Fury tops him because of the previous dominance his opponent had.

Chocolatito beat Viloria, Leon and Sosa, only Viloria is a really good win, but still not a great win. Definitely a Contender if not the winner. He's dominating his division in fine style!

GGG beat Lemieux, Monroe Jr., and Murray. Good wins, not great. Again , Dominating his division and beating top 10 guys with regularity

Glowacki had a good win over a long-reigning cruiserweight title holder in Marco Huck. Similar to Fury

DeGale beat Bute and Dirrell. That's a solid year. Yes, but not good enough to compete with some of the above

Is there anyone else with at least two really good wins? Maybe Kovalev

For me, unless I'm missing someone, it is Fury, Mayweather, Canelo, DeGale, and GGG.

Fighter of the year has to be more than one good night, albeit an exceptionally good one. for me, you have to show consistency through the year. and I don't think it has to be someone who has pulled off One upset. I would put Mayweather (Sorry Eric), Canelo, GGG, Chocolatito and Crawford(Possibly) above him, and I would probably put Chocolatito at the top of the pile.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Wlad didn't look so bad against Jennings and the Fury vs Wlad fight didn't look like shit on a shingle, I'd say maybe. Truthfully and I'm blaming Wlad mostly, it was one of the worst heavyweight fights I've seen!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    If Wlad didn't look so bad against Jennings and the Fury vs Wlad fight didn't look like shit on a shingle, I'd say maybe. Truthfully and I'm blaming Wlad mostly, it was one of the worst heavyweight fights I've seen!
    No worse than Haye v Valuev

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury should win BBC sports personality of the year.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I literally had this conversation with a mate of mine about an hour ago. It's obviously between 3. Tyson Fury, Lewis Hamilton & Andy Murray. If it was about the "Personality" like it says in the name, Fury would walk it.
    In reality, one of the other 2 will win, a.because their sport is on BBC. And b. because it's a fuckin fix!

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I literally had this conversation with a mate of mine about an hour ago. It's obviously between 3. Tyson Fury, Lewis Hamilton & Andy Murray. If it was about the "Personality" like it says in the name, Fury would walk it.
    In reality, one of the other 2 will win, a.because their sport is on BBC. And b. because it's a fuckin fix!
    I heard that Jessica Ennis is favourite.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I put money on Clazaghe to win and he did so its not impossible.

Thread Information