Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: MW Questions for 2016 we NEED answered!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default MW Questions for 2016 we NEED answered!

Who does GGG fight in 2016? He has a possible three fight possibility- February, then in May-June, then again in October-November.

Where does Canelo go? He has the belt!

What does Cotto do? Does he mount another run at a title or money? GGG? Rematch Canelo? Quillin? Lee? Jacobs?

Can Quillin rebound?

Will Andy Lee get a huge payday?

Will Saunders give Eubank Jr. that rematch?

What will happen?!?!

Can fringe guys Nelson, Johnson, Lemieux, N'Dam, etc... rise??

We have a possible mix of 5 to 6 GREAT fights that will be defining fights for many fighters careers in the MW division. We need answers, and we need them now!!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: MW Questions for 2016 we NEED answered!

Quote Originally Posted by ykdadamaja View Post
    Who does GGG fight in 2016? He has a possible three fight possibility- February, then in May-June, then again in October-November.

What does Cotto do? Does he mount another run at a title or money? GGG? Rematch Canelo? Quillin? Lee? Jacobs?

Can Quillin rebound?

What will happen?!?!

We have a possible mix of 5 to 6 GREAT fights that will be defining fights for many fighters careers in the MW division. We need answers, and we need them now!!
    Canelo versus GGG will happen in the second half of 2016. GGG will face Johnson first. Canelo will face a smaller guy coming up in weight.

Jacobs will take a soft touch and then face the winner of Lee/Saunders.

Quillin is in for a tough come back. He might be done as a top level contender after that loss. We'll see.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A couple of other things I want to add.

The fractured nature of the middleweight division hurts the fighters. Here's what I mean.

GGG will face Canelo, and at that point, if he wins, he holds all the belts.

Jacobs will face the winner of Lee/Saunders. If he wins, there is no debate that Jacobs and GGG are the best in the world, and they can't fight each other because of allegiances, even though it would be the best fight to make at 160.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=ykdadamaja;1364979]

Who can he fight? I doubt very much that Oscar will let his bank roll anywhere near him. What would they do ask the real middleweight champion to drop to 155? The kid has already made it quite clear that he plans on using that title as a paper weight. Would the boxing world and pansy sports writers sit idly by once again and let that pass? Would the WBC?

Anybody actually believe Haymon will risk Jacobs? So far this year, all of these studs in his stable look more like geldings. Many are almost treated like registered retirement savings plans. Not sure on three fights or fight dates. I think the King of the division will continue to be treated as the brides maid.

He will most likely use the Cotto blueprint and hold the title hostage with catchweights with the WBC's blessings waiting for Golovkin to show signs of rapid erosion. Maybe they will try to entice Floyd out of retirement for 50. That way there would be no reason to announce a silly catch weight.
    The WBC would be able to put on that appearance of legitimacy for another 2 years with those sanctioning fees.

He should retire but an Alvarez rematch is probably a back-up plan although he probably burned that WBC bridge pretty good. I don't see Cotto trying another run at middle

Can Quillin rebound?
    Everything about him last week spelled a guy that's had enough. I kept waiting for him to say that's it, I'm done.

These are tied together. Andy is fighting Saunders Dec 19 which will be a decent payday and I hope he wins because he's probably the only 160 pounder with the nutsack to face the Kazak and that's a fight HBO could sell and get behind. Or they could do it in Britain.

Andy probably has a rematch clause with Saunders so Jr could be left out in the cold and he's got to get past that freight train O'Sullivan this weekend.

What will happen?!?!

I think some of those guys could beat Lee, Jacobs and Alvarez and remember that David is now with Oscar so an Alvarez fight is a possibility.

I can dig that optimism. I'm hoping for just a couple of meaningful scraps in 2016 and unfortunately more avoidance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Let's talk Lee and Jacobs first because Canelo will scream catch weight. Do the fans a favor and don't disrupt the weight class with unnecessary disadvantages because this is to be a come as you are if you want respect in hat division. We don't need Junior Middleweights acting like spoiled children and demanding conditions that are wrong to begin with. GGG is a middleweight and yes Canelo is a big boy so act like it and don't disrespect the division and stomp up and down like a spoiled toddler having a fit when mom says no to the expensive toy she doesn't want baby to have. Member this is the established manly art of elf defense not kindergarten or play school.

Thread Information