Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Robert Guerrero is fighting Danny Garcia in a couple of weeks

Actually sounds interesting. I really expected to see Danny hit the big time but he went in the opposite direction after the Lucas fight. I always liked Guerrero, very personable guy despite his disappearance after his fight with Floyd.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

well this tells us everything. No interest in the fight at all. it's just a fight for the sake of fighting. typical of the bullshit fights we're getting in the division at the minute. I had high hopes for Garcia after he ironed out Khan, and even more so when he beat Matthysse , which I thought was a great performance. He just has not moved on, like everyone else in this division.
    They've seen what Floyd earned and all want a piece of that, except none of them want to go out there and earn it. the Governing bodies are basically 4 pieces of shit that let them get away with it.
    The division needs a Super 4 , 6 , or 8 to force the match ups and see who is the Daddy!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't think that will happen on PBC for the time being. The PBC fighters will just get moved around their little circle for, comfortable earners for free TV fights.
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was made a little while ago. It's a decent fight but Garcia really needs to step up and fight a top guy at the weight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Garcia wins a decision here but I don't think hell have it all his own way. Guerrero will have his moments.

Hoping this leads to the Thurman/ Porter winner but I won't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Snail pace to get to Thurman for Garcia.

These are Hayman fighters going around their stable merry go round.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Probably one of those "I beat your previous opponent more easily than you" type of scenario they're trying to sell in the aftermath.

The only reasoning I could come up with....

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Peeling the welterweight onion back has to start somewhere, its not outstanding but for Garcia at least he's done with the half stepping to division and fighting a hard nut who has run with a couple of the better ones.

Apparently this is beginning of a wbc welterweight tournament The co main with Sammy Vazquez vs Aaron Martinez stand a huge chance to steal the show. Winner fight winner next? I'm almost as high on Vasquez as I am Errol Spence now. Telling you...be patient. This division has some great match ups coming!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Peeling the welterweight onion back has to start somewhere, its not outstanding but for Garcia at least he's done with the half stepping to division and fighting a hard nut who has run with a couple of the better ones.

Apparently this is beginning of a wbc welterweight tournament The co main with Sammy Vazquez vs Aaron Martinez stand a huge chance to steal the show. Winner fight winner next? I'm almost as high on Vasquez as I am Errol Spence now. Telling you...be patient. This division has some great match ups coming!
    Vasquez is always entertaining. Mikhaylenko is a guy I think will be tough for anyone. I hope a lot of the potential match-ups actually come to fruition.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    well this tells us everything. No interest in the fight at all. it's just a fight for the sake of fighting. typical of the bullshit fights we're getting in the division at the minute. I had high hopes for Garcia after he ironed out Khan, and even more so when he beat Matthysse , which I thought was a great performance. He just has not moved on, like everyone else in this division.
    They've seen what Floyd earned and all want a piece of that, except none of them want to go out there and earn it. the Governing bodies are basically 4 pieces of shit that let them get away with it.
    The division needs a Super 4 , 6 , or 8 to force the match ups and see who is the Daddy!
    And everyone was saying how things were going to be different after Floyd 'retired'. I happen to like this fight, Guerreor is a tough guy, always comes to win, and will be pushing Garcia. Danny will have to fight, Guerrero doesn't give you a choice. I want to see this fight. These two in the ring together has to be a good fight!
    Last edited by beenKOed; 01-13-2016 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its not a bad fight, whats wrong with it

alright neither has done much recently but Garcia has been very fortunate to keep his unbeaten record on 2 occasions in his last few fights and neither opponent is as good a boxer as guerrero

I think guerrero could win
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

alright neither has done much recently but Garcia has been very fortunate to keep his unbeaten record on 2 occasions in his last few fights and neither opponent is as good a boxer as guerrero

as far as fights go, its ok, but only ok. my point is that for Garcia, what's the point? if he wins, and I think that at his best he should , it doesn't move him up any pecking order. Since Guerrrero fought Floyd, he's done nothing to prove he's a top 5 or top 10 fighter in the division.
    Garcia was rated as #1 at Light Welter, so surely the idea of going up in weight should be to get to that level in the division above, not to tread water.
    Guerrero is gutsy , and he could win, but I just reckon he's being used by the top fighters as a stepping stone.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post

as far as fights go, its ok, but only ok. my point is that for Garcia, what's the point? if he wins, and I think that at his best he should , it doesn't move him up any pecking order. Since Guerrrero fought Floyd, he's done nothing to prove he's a top 5 or top 10 fighter in the division.
    Garcia was rated as #1 at Light Welter, so surely the idea of going up in weight should be to get to that level in the division above, not to tread water.
    Guerrero is gutsy , and he could win, but I just reckon he's being used by the top fighters as a stepping stone.
    Definitely a calculated decision. Guerrero has a style that is tailor made for fighters like Garcia and Guerrero still has the name recognition to give a Garcia victory some weight.

It's like Ricardo Mayorga all over again.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Apparently Khan had been made mandatory for the winner to fight him
    Hidden Content
    Original & Best: The Sugar Man

Thread Information