Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy work"

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy work"

He views him as “straight up and down, no special effects” fighter.

(warning first 8 seconds are Johnny Nelson so you may need three cans of Red Bull to get through them)

Former pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr claimed he would have made “easy work” of unified middleweight titlist Gennady Golovkin at 160 pounds if a fight had happened before his retirement.
    Mayweather has never fought at 160 pounds in his illustrious boxing career, but “Pretty Boy” is confident that he could defeat Golovkin, whom he described as a “straight up and down, no special effects” fighter.
    “I can barely make 147, so how can I fight at 160,” Mayweather told “Triple G, I mean, not being disrespectful, but he’s straight up and down, no special effects. That’s easy work…with the Pacquiao fight, you know, 10 rounds to 2, that was a blowout.”... Gennady Golovkin would be easy fight: Floyd Mayweather
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

For sure! TBE!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy wor

If there wasn't such a weight difference, Floyd is probably right. But there is such a weight difference , so that's why the fight never happened, and that's fine.
    But you're retired. Don't start sounding like Carl Froch, you don't need to. I know he was merely answering a question , but really there's no need.
    And wtf is Johnny Nelson trying to be? Some sort of gangsta!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Who cares ?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

4 cans at least.

Floyd would beat GGG at a catchweight quite easily and it would be called another boring fight.

Floyd is tiny and has no place at 160.

The truth is that after garcia next fight in summer he will be floyds dance partner (if successful) in September...and finally floyd can close the curtain.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Duran had no place at 160 either. Instead of running his mouth, he fought Marvin Hagler.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Floyd claims that if it were not for the weight difference GGG would be "easy wor

He could say that a bout a whole lot of guys. I've always felt that the difference between welter and middle is immense, and that's sort of where the trade off between dexterity and strength starts to tell more than in any other weight gap, it really separates big from small men.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

as much as I dislike Floyd, I still must admit he is right, GGG is kinda slow
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

........ and Naz would still be a featherweight champ and James toney would still be a middle weight champ if it wasn't for the hamburgers...

He can barely make 147 but wouldn't weigh in on fight night and needed an IV to re-hydrate at 147 for the pac fight?
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Duran had no place at 160 either. Instead of running his mouth, he fought Marvin Hagler.
    You can add Armstrong, Gavilan and Napoles. They all started around Featherweight but challenged themselves at 160.

Floyd vs GGG was a fight I wanted to see. Unfortunately I doubt it ever will. Floyd stirring the medias attention.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Duran has no place being mentioned at all after that no mas faggot shit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd is TBE.

Armstrong fought a bunch of bums and the highest he weighed was 146... Your lies are pathetic!
    Last edited by ruthless rocco; 02-23-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Floyd has a valid point here.

eg I always felt that Dave Macauley would have beaten Lennox Lewis in his prime if not for Lennox weight advantage
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    Floyd is TBE.

Armstrong fought a bunch of bums and the highest he weighed was 146... Your lies are pathetic!
    He fought Cerefino Garcia for the middleweight title and was robbed on a highly disputed draw. Hard for me to take you seriously if you are calling guys like Garcia, Ray Robinson, and Benny Leonard "bums".

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would really like to see Floyd come out of retirement and fight GGG. I feel like it's a winnable fight for Floyd, but an extremely dangerous challenge. If afloyd were to come back and beat GGG he would easily be in my top 3-4 all time greatest fighter list. I don't blame Floyd if he doesn't come back against GGG, because the size differential is so significant.

Thread Information