Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BJS is Ducking GGG - Do we all agree?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: BJS is Ducking GGG - Do we all agree?

Anyone that has half-a-clue about Warren knew he wouldn't feed him to Golovkin straight after getting his hands on the belt.

You take a quick $2 million to get smashed to bits in one fight or earn the same amount in a few winnable ones over the course of a year? If I was his promoter i'd advise him to take the second option.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Smart kid. Good fighter but not sure he has the temperament just yet. Let him enjoy a first defense and hopefully the middles will get it together and meet up.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Anyone that has half-a-clue about Warren knew he wouldn't feed him to Golovkin straight after getting his hands on the belt.

You take a quick $2 million to get smashed to bits in one fight or earn the same amount in a few winnable ones over the course of a year? If I was his promoter i'd advise him to take the second option.
    Yeh but, Warren will fuck him about and take massive percentages from him for 'mediocre' fights. We all know that GGG is the only game in town, the next Mayweather, so why not take the money now? Maybe gobby dad has the right idea with Crith Jnr. Get it on win lose or draw, early money.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post

Yeh but, Warren will fuck him about and take massive percentages from him for 'mediocre' fights. We all know that GGG is the only game in town, the next Mayweather, so why not take the money now? Maybe gobby dad has the right idea with Crith Jnr. Get it on win lose or draw, early money.
    I'm sure they have a % based agreement per purse that stays the same regardless of the size. Warren is just like any promoter and he's got a shallow hand to play these days. Saunders is a meal ticket. They can wait it out a little. Hell maybe Alvarez will offer him a unification and he will get double the Golovkin offer. That is really the 155 champs only escape after Khan. Or,not everyone ages as well as Moore or Hopkins so maybe Golovkin slips a little. If by some miracle Alvarez agrees to fight Golovkin after Khan then Saunders can wait that out and double up then also. A full unification fight. They might even do it at the 02 assuming its Golovkin. Bottom line given the marketplace Saunders would be a fool to take this now. Just look at how Alvarez is milking it. Whats' the incentive for Saunders to break rank? Legacy? That has gone the way of the dodo bird.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    He swerved Golovkin - but if everyone on the planet doesn't give him a hope in hell then why do you even want the fight?

Power of the alphabet.
    I give him more than a hope in hell.

Im not sold on his self belief and ambition but his style will be something Golovkin hasnt seen. He does need to believe in himself for me to think the fight would be winnable for him and after everything hes said previously about being Golovkins bitch can you blame Warren for trying to cash him in someway else?
    Haha. You act as if Saunders is some great fighter. He's nowhere near the level of GGG. I would be beyond shocked to see him win. He struggled with Lee who is a terrible boxer with a good punch.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    He swerved Golovkin - but if everyone on the planet doesn't give him a hope in hell then why do you even want the fight?

Power of the alphabet.

Im not sold on his self belief and ambition but his style will be something Golovkin hasnt seen. He does need to believe in himself for me to think the fight would be winnable for him and after everything hes said previously about being Golovkins bitch can you blame Warren for trying to cash him in someway else?
    Haha. You act as if Saunders is some great fighter. He's nowhere near the level of GGG. I would be beyond shocked to see him win. He struggled with Lee who is a terrible boxer with a good punch.
    What was almost everyone telling me regarding Fury and Klitschko?

Saunders has a style that anyone will struggle with. Eubanks effort is going to look better and better especially seeing as it was his first live opponent.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ross, with his old "the man that lost to the man" theory. 😂 Saunders might do ok against GGG, but he'll get beat. Whatever Happens doesn't make Eubank any better or any worse.
    I don't like predicting fights that aren't made because they happen 5 years down the line and it's a different story, but if they happened today:
    Saunders would beat Eubank again, probably easier than the first time.
    GGG would KO Eubank in 3
    GGG Would stop Saunders in a similar timescale as he did Murray.
    Simples.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

saunders is a very good fighter/boxer

he'd be a handful for anyone, he doesn't hit hard enough to beat GGG tho

I think it would be a interesting fight tho
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Saunders has always been honest about not being able to beat GGG. Unlike Junior. Saunders can make a defence or two but the real big money is with Golovkin so could see him challenge him later down the line.
    I'm leaning toward the idea (radical as it may seem) that some boxers do tell the truth. Taking a loss for a big payday doesn't appeal to some people even though it might be an accepted practice. It makes you look inside yourself where you might not want to look.
    I'm positive most fighters don't start their careers with the idea of getting to the top and then taking a fight they're sure they can't win for a huge payday. It goes against the grain of what fighting is about. Know what I'm saying?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

Power of the alphabet.

What was almost everyone telling me regarding Fury and Klitschko?

Saunders has a style that anyone will struggle with. Eubanks effort is going to look better and better especially seeing as it was his first live opponent.
    I wasn't sold on the fact that klit would beat fury. Wlad was a product of a terrible division while GGG is actually a really good fighter.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by beenKOed View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Saunders has always been honest about not being able to beat GGG. Unlike Junior. Saunders can make a defence or two but the real big money is with Golovkin so could see him challenge him later down the line.
    I'm leaning toward the idea (radical as it may seem) that some boxers do tell the truth. Taking a loss for a big payday doesn't appeal to some people even though it might be an accepted practice. It makes you look inside yourself where you might not want to look.
    I'm positive most fighters don't start their careers with the idea of getting to the top and then taking a fight they're sure they can't win for a huge payday. It goes against the grain of what fighting is about. Know what I'm saying?
    Saunders also said he preferred to fight GGG when he is declining and not now when he is at his peak.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was a good business decision to have one defense and then a fight in the summer against GGG. However, it's one thing to claim that you want to have a fight in the summer and another thing to actually have the fight in the summer. GGG is fighting in the beginning of April. BJS is fighting on 4/30. Assuming no injuries, the earlier they could be ready for a massive fight at a stadium in the UK is in the end of July. If GGG is targeting Canelo for Mexican Independence Day on 9/5, and Warren knows this, he also knows there is no way a fight with BJS could be made in the end of July, unless his idea is that the fight with Canelo won't happen, and therefore GGG's summer is wide open.

I don't blame him for taking a defense first. I also think that his title really isn't as important as the fact that he is now a top 3 middleweight in the division, and that if GGG is going to clean out the division properly, he should face BJS. After BJS, the only remaining name is Danny Jacobs.

Thread Information