98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Thoughts with Nick Blackwell

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    When your opinion is wrong you argue like a little keyboard warrior rather than someone whos supposed to moderate shit like that.

The press conference was to do with the fight itself and because of what happened on the night they couldnt have one afterwards. The press wants to ask them questions at a press conference. We are being told that Blackwell is on the mend and this is when they have held it 3 days after the fight. Are you that bitter you wont allow Eubank to have a press conference on his fight? Was it not one of the best fights youv seen in a British ring this year? Reign it in with the bitterness.
    There was one man and his dog there, and the first words were from Eubank Sr. "Hello everybody, thank you for turning up."
    Why does he thank the press for turning up? Because he instigated the conference. He ASKED for the press conference so that he could give his opinions . Otherwise the press would've thanked them for turning up. #just saying.
    Blackwell: I'd Love To Land Final KO Shot on Jaw of Eubank Sr! - Boxing News

And there we have it, just like I fuckin said.

Mentioned
    1674 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haye gave about £50,000 to Nick after Saturday.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

When your opinion is wrong you argue like a little keyboard warrior rather than someone whos supposed to moderate shit like that.

The press conference was to do with the fight itself and because of what happened on the night they couldnt have one afterwards. The press wants to ask them questions at a press conference. We are being told that Blackwell is on the mend and this is when they have held it 3 days after the fight. Are you that bitter you wont allow Eubank to have a press conference on his fight? Was it not one of the best fights youv seen in a British ring this year? Reign it in with the bitterness.
    There was one man and his dog there, and the first words were from Eubank Sr. "Hello everybody, thank you for turning up."
    Why does he thank the press for turning up? Because he instigated the conference. He ASKED for the press conference so that he could give his opinions . Otherwise the press would've thanked them for turning up. #just saying.

Blackwell is getting alot of backlash for saying that. Hes been put up to that by Hennesey and Saunders in his ear because they hate Eubank.

Saying some silly things like Eubanks head punches weren't affecting him.... Really? He couldnt stop him to the head.... Really?

Hes actually unwittingly doing Eubank a favour by bringing it all up again so people can play that clip of Eubank Sr querying why the ref wont stop it. Also making Lockett look bad again after Eubanks previous fight Paccy Collins pulled his fighter out well before it got to a similar stage. They wanted blood but were never going to get it.

I read an interview with Lockett today and he said between rounds that Blackwell said Eubank doesnt hit hard but hes "relentless" and he just couldnt do anything back. That was interesting because thats why I think Eubank gives Golovkin problems.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blackwell is getting alot of backlash for saying that. Hes been put up to that by Hennesey and Saunders in his ear because they hate Eubank.

Saying some silly things like Eubanks head punches weren't affecting him.... Really? He couldnt stop him to the head.... Really?

Hes actually unwittingly doing Eubank a favour by bringing it all up again so people can play that clip of Eubank Sr querying why the ref wont stop it. Also making Lockett look bad again after Eubanks previous fight Paccy Collins pulled his fighter out well before it got to a similar stage. They wanted blood but were never going to get it.

I read an interview with Lockett today and he said between rounds that Blackwell said Eubank doesnt hit hard but hes "relentless" and he just couldnt do anything back. That was interesting because thats why I think Eubank gives Golovkin problems.
    He can be getting a lot of backlash , so what? He's saying how he feels about the situation and that's it.
    The key point is his family "Begged" the Eubanks' not to have the press conference , yet they still went ahead. I feel it is Sr. that is culpable as far as that goes, not Jr. But in their reply, they tried to justify their stance by saying "it wasn't just about Blackwell." IT WAS ALL ABOUT NICK BLACKWELL! he was the one lying in a coma, and his family were the ones dealing with it, along with his trainer Gary Lockett, Who some tried to blame for all of this.
    He was in absolute bits and only now has done an interview about what happened after the fight , no doubt with the approval of the Blackwell family who supported him at the time.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can Lockett not have any blame when in Eubanks previois fight Collins pulled O Sullivan out because he could see it was a lost cause. Iv read an interview with Collins where they were banking on Eubank tiring then when he realised he wasnt he felt OSullvan wasnt going toturn it around. Why couldnt, or wouldn't Lockett do the same?

What put Blackwell in a coma is all of Blackwells team despising Eubank themselves so much that they risked their fighters life rather than give.

Did you notice in Locketts interview he said you can never really understand the risks until you have experienced something like this and now he will be more cautious. Well guess what? On the night the only man around that ring who could really understand the risks involved were Eubank Sr.
    Last edited by ross; 05-24-2016 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How can Lockett not have any blame when in Eubanks previois fight Collins pulled O Sullivan out because he could see it was a lost cause. Iv read an interview with Collins where they were banking on Eubank tiring then when he realised he wasnt he felt OSullvan wasnt going toturn it around. Why couldnt, or wouldn't Lockett do the same?

What put Blackwell in a coma is all of Blackwells team despising Eubank themselves so much that they risked their fighters life rather than give.

Did you notice in Locketts interview he said you can never really understand the risks until you have experienced something like this and now he will be more cautious. Well guess what? On the night the only man around that ring who could really understand the risks involved were Eubank Sr.
    Every single incident is different and nobody knows when somebody is going to get a bleed on the brain .
    Furthermore I defy anybody watching that fight at the time to say "ay up, that Blackwell fellah is going to be in a coma! Fuckin ridiculous, and you can deflect from the point all you like, but the Blackwells BEGGED Eubank not to have the press Conference and they went ahead with it!
    Does that show concern for the fighter (and his family) ? Does it fuck!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The shameless prick still won't admit he was encouraging his son to KO Blackwell. Calling a press conference whilst a geezer is in a coma has to be one the biggest wrong un's ever.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blame , Blame, Blame. Why does it always have to be someone else's fault? Typical of the society we live where everybody is looking to accuse people!
    Safety measures in British Boxing are unprecedented and exemplary. There have been changes over the years in reaction to unfortunate incidents to improve safety.
    Sometimes unfortunate things happen that nobody can be blamed for.
    Easy for a few keyboard warriors to lay the blame at the ref or the trainer and ruin their lives while they're sitting having a cup of tea.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just found out Blackwell actually died in the ambulamce on the way to the hospital and had to be revived!

No Primo your right no one knew what the outcome would be other than it was not going to end well for Blackwell either in a bad loss or injury. He was never in the fight, taking shots wont win you a fight especially when your opponent is not going to tire and can take a shot. He was left in too long by an over zealous team. Reading and remembering some of the comments back when the fight happened im glad some of you are not involved in boxing. You would let your own personal feelings tiward a fighters personality cloud any commin sense judgement to allow your fighter to fight another day.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Eubank jnr has done anything wrong here, he did his job in the ring that night.
    This whole drama is a bout Blackwell going through the realisation phase of what he's been through, he's lost the job he loved doing and probably doesn't see a future for himself anymore.
    Add to that he didn't just lose that fight but got battered literally to death in the process must leave him bitter and seriously angry.
    Eubank shouldn't be made a scapegoat for doing his job.
    With regard to the post fight press conference whoever was supposed to be managing Eubank jnrs affairs should have "managed" his fighter properly.
    This is just a case of sour grapes from Blackwell and you can't blame him.
    Poor cunt must be devestated now the reality is sinking in.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just found out Blackwell actually died in the ambulamce on the way to the hospital and had to be revived!

No Primo your right no one knew what the outcome would be other than it was not going to end well for Blackwell either in a bad loss or injury. He was never in the fight, taking shots wont win you a fight especially when your opponent is not going to tire and can take a shot. He was left in too long by an over zealous team. Reading and remembering some of the comments back when the fight happened im glad some of you are not involved in boxing. You would let your own personal feelings tiward a fighters personality cloud any commin sense judgement to allow your fighter to fight another day.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry Ross, I'm not disagreeing with your post but that bit in bold is a joke right?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    I don't think Eubank jnr has done anything wrong here, he did his job in the ring that night.
    This whole drama is a bout Blackwell going through the realisation phase of what he's been through, he's lost the job he loved doing and probably doesn't see a future for himself anymore.
    Add to that he didn't just lose that fight but got battered literally to death in the process must leave him bitter and seriously angry.
    Eubank shouldn't be made a scapegoat for doing his job.
    With regard to the post fight press conference whoever was supposed to be managing Eubank jnrs affairs should have "managed" his fighter properly.
    This is just a case of sour grapes from Blackwell and you can't blame him.
    Poor cunt must be devestated now the reality is sinking in.
    as much as I dislike Eubank Jr. I did say that it wasn't him to blame , either in the fight or as far as the press conferences go. I did allude that it was down to his "management" as far as the press conference goes.
    and again, although I dislike him, I have to say his response to Blackwell's comments yesterday showed a lot of class.
    "Pretty shocked at what Nick has said about me & my father today. Regardless of how he feels about me I still wish him nothing but the best"
    I'm not sure it is simply about Blackwell lashing out because reality is kicking in. I repeat, his family Begged Team Eubank not to do the press conference and they did it. They could easily have said " Out of respect for Nick Blackwell , we will not be holding a press conference until we feel the time is right." They didn't even have to say "the Blackwell Family asked us not to."

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its Hennesey.

Hes bitter that a man like Eubank Jr can do as he pleases against one of his top fighters.

He was interviewed a few weeks ago, Mick Hennesey and he said Blackwell has something to say and ill leave him to say it in the media is a real bombshell.

Whats gone on here is Hennesseys bitterness and spite has poured out through Blackwell but he has egged Nick on making him think its a great idea. Go on Hennesseys twitter page and they are retweeting the story and anything to do with Eubank being a cunt basically.
    Unfortunately its a bit of a PR disaster for Nick because everyone is saying its in poor taste and makes him look bitter. Mick Hennessey gave Nick a loaded gun and Nick has shot himself in the foot with it.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I haven't heard Hennesey saying anything (I haven't looked so I'm not disputing that he has) but do you really think that he would have that much influence over Blackwell as to make him say stuff like that if he didn't believe it?

The one thing I will say is that it is a bit of a turnabout from the back and forth they had on twatter a few days/weeks after he came around, then it was all 'yeah bro, we are cool bro, doing a job bro' etc, makes me wonder if Eubank Sr has got into his head somehow rather than Hennesey and just really riled him up.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its Hennesey.

Hes bitter that a man like Eubank Jr can do as he pleases against one of his top fighters.

He was interviewed a few weeks ago, Mick Hennesey and he said Blackwell has something to say and ill leave him to say it in the media is a real bombshell.

Whats gone on here is Hennesseys bitterness and spite has poured out through Blackwell but he has egged Nick on making him think its a great idea. Go on Hennesseys twitter page and they are retweeting the story and anything to do with Eubank being a cunt basically.
    Unfortunately its a bit of a PR disaster for Nick because everyone is saying its in poor taste and makes him look bitter. Mick Hennessey gave Nick a loaded gun and Nick has shot himself in the foot with it.
    If it suits you to believe that, fine, crack on. Always someone to blame as long as it's not one of your bum chums eh?

Thread Information