Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Lee Haskins v Ivan Morales

Lee Haskins: Mexico's Ivan Morales confirmed for world title defence.

Bristol's Lee Haskins will defend his IBF world bantamweight title against Ivan Morales of Mexico on 14 May at Cardiff's new Ice Arena Wales.

It will be the first time Haskins, 32, has defended the belt he was handed in November when Randy Caballero failed to make the weight for their bout.

Morales, 24, brother of Diego and Erik, a former multiple world title holder, has won 29 of his 30 fights.

Haskins is undefeated since losing to Belgium's Stephane Jamoye in 2012.

"This will be a new chapter in his (Haskins') career," promoter and former world champion Barry McGuigan told BBC Points West.

"He deserves the chance to get the exposure and I really believe he will grasp it with both hands."

Haskins added: "I'm enjoying being world champion. Now I want to get back in the ring and show I am world class.

"A lot of people out there doubt me but I'm going to show them who the best is.

"He (Morales) is going to come and want to win and it will be a good fight."

'It won't scare me'

Haskins also denied that the injury suffered by Wiltshire's Nick Blackwell after fighting Chris Eubank Jr. will enter his mind when he enters the ring himself.

Blackwell is in an induced coma in hospital after a small bleed on his brain was found but Haskins said such incidents could "happen anywhere".

"This is something I have known since I first put on a pair of boxing gloves," he added. "You take punches to the head.

"These things could happen at any point. But this is something that rarely happens and I wouldn't let something like that scare me."

Lee Haskins: Mexico's Ivan Morales confirmed for world title defence - BBC Sport
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lee Haskins v Ivan Morales

This will or could be a great fight. I feel bad for Haskins because he's going to be asked none stop about Blackwell and can say all he wants about it having no effect. He should lock himself away to train for this one and ignore the press completely. A No technology training camp.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Lee Haskins v Ivan Morales

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    This will or could be a great fight. I feel bad for Haskins because he's going to be asked none stop about Blackwell and can say all he wants about it having no effect. He should lock himself away to train for this one and ignore the press completely. A No technology training camp.
    Like Rocky did against Drago.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information