Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it fascist to label someone a fascist if they are not?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Is it fascist to label someone a fascist if they are not?

Yes that is another form of fascism. Yet it dresses itself up as some kind of altruistic savior and protector of the world against fascism. It is rather tricky and sneaky and has a couple of layers of camouflage but it is one and the same.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Is it fascist to label someone a fascist if they are not?

Yes It is. If someone can't @name call Oswald Mosley without being called a facist, then the person demanding everyone agree with them is a facist.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is lack of clarification in what exactly is a fascist. So it is unlikely that it is fascist to label someone a fascist if they are not.

Your views are very uncomfortable to some Brockton, and they could be described as to the right of the political spectrum, anti-liberal, anti-conservative and anti-establishment so thus some may conclude you are a fascist...

Personally I am on the fence, I think you use such extreme views to show off and create debate, which you are good at.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Britkid View Post
    There is lack of clarification in what exactly is a fascist. So it is unlikely that it is fascist to label someone a fascist if they are not.

Your views are very uncomfortable to some Brockton, and they could be described as to the right of the political spectrum, anti-liberal, anti-conservative and anti-establishment so thus some may conclude you are a fascist...

Personally I am on the fence, I think you use such extreme views to show off and create debate, which you are good at.
    I think you are a classic facist Brit Kid for expecting some gold standard explanation of everything including what constitutes being a facist.

I don't think Brockton or @Reg/Miles/Gaydalph/Oswald is either...much but concluding that one can not invoke Blackshirt backers in response to immediate calls for backup from yes men in silly threads about continents you are not even living on is a bit facist like.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeanz View Post

I think you are a classic facist Brit Kid for expecting some gold standard explanation of everything including what constitutes being a facist.
    Now that you mention it; that would explain my new twitch; a straight arm 'salute'...
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am not much of a fascist, but you don't need to be living in Europe to see that political correctness, neo liberalism, and refugees are sinking the ship. In Europe you get labelled a Nazi for pointing out these things and that in itself is the fascism. I have a friend living in Brussels who isn't happy about the place at all. It doesn't matter where you are as long as the thought process makes sense. The left is what I like but unfortunately the left has become warped with unrealistic analysis of the situation.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think Brockton or @Reg/Miles/Gaydalph/Oswald is either...much but concluding that one can not invoke Blackshirt backers in response to immediate calls for backup from yes men in silly threads about continents you are not even living on is a bit facist like.
    Gaydalph, I told you if you keep messing with my pal Ghandi, you and I are gonna rumble

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

an authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.
    a political philosophy, movement, or regime (as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
    Those are the kinds of definitions you get for the term.One makes you think the person has to be right of some political circle.They are both so broad and so narrow that they almost become meaningless and they are anchored by how its applied. Its open season. If the bureaucrats are in uniforms the leaders a fascist. Its a label for everything and nothing. From religion to ones boss to the Editor of a newspaper. Its just a word and there is really nothing finite about it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've seen some labeled fascist simply for a name or in even more fucktardish instances, the color of a name Sometimes if one finds labels necessary you're not necessarily a fascist, ya could just be a blooming arsehole

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know you are a diehard Facebooker, Beanz, but jeesh, will ya stop writing "facist" for Pete's sake?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Its part of my job, I teach controversial topic IELTS writing workshops. We need to analyze our views and question ourselves often/reassess the basis for our often unexamined precepts.

Its healthy debate. So is examining why people would feel so extremely uncomfortable being frank about controversial topics. Things should be objectively discussed. References to fascists are thinly-veiled and superficial knee-jerk reactions to "shame" the opposing view, and must be called-out for its underhandedness.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yet I love Beans and have nothing personal against him, for the record, lest misunderstandings get afoot.

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's a ridiculous over reaction. Two words.@name calling a dead man and the defenders of liberty have a melt down. Jeez

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I know you are a diehard Facebooker, Beanz, but jeesh, will ya stop writing "facist" for Pete's sake?
    I apologise four my speling miztake. I am shure their is a meme four dat sum wear. Die hard Facebooker ? Is that Alan Rickman with a dislike button? @condescending Stalker much #sad #moral high ground preachy bullshit
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I apologise four my speling miztake. I am shure their is a meme four dat sum wear. Die hard Facebooker ? Is that Alan Rickman with a dislike button? @condescending Stalker much #sad #moral high ground preachy bullshit
    I do tend to overreact. At least I can admit it.

Thread Information