Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default so GGG fought at 165 before?

I just read he fought at 165 at the olympics. So why cant he step up to 168 to fight ward?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: so GGG fought at 165 before?

I don't see why everyone is clamouring for GGG to move up, if it is not his natural weight why should he?

Alvarez I can see because the way he boils himself down to make weight before rehydrating is crazy and he is clearly fighting in the wrong weightclass and is doing everything he can to bully the smaller fighters or take the advantage away from the bigger fighters by forcing catchweights.

GGG is a natural middleweight, he doesn't strike me as being big for the weight and I get the feeling that he would look tiny if you put him in the same bracket as people like Ward, Froch, Kessler, Kovalev etc

Yeah he could move up and take on some decent opponents but when it came to the elite they would always have the advantage over him.

Why don't ward or Kovalev boil themselves down to fight him at a catch weight with no belt on the line but just to prove who is the best? not going to happen is it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Batman, are you okay that one of the best fighters of this time continues to fight Dominic Wade level talent? Or would fighting Canelo, a fighter so limited he had to invent his own weightclass to hide from the best at 154, make all these years worthwhile?

I think GGG deserves better, a chance to shine and an opponent capable of making that happen.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Batman, are you okay that one of the best fighters of this time continues to fight Dominic Wade level talent? Or would fighting Canelo, a fighter so limited he had to invent his own weightclass to hide from the best at 154, make all these years worthwhile?

I think GGG deserves better, a chance to shine and an opponent capable of making that happen.
    Ok. Agree with all that, so who?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Oh don't get me wrong I agree that his level of opponent has been substandard, it is a shame that the middleweight division is so baron of talent.
    I just think that people feel as though size is not an issue, think about when people were calling for Mayweather to fight GGG, if that would have happened and if Floyd would have beat him then what? move up again and fight Ward or Kovalev?

There has to be a limit somewhere.

I personally think that he could make the move up and fight some world level fighters but I think that Ward and Kovalev would be to big for him.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by chris6878 View Post
    I just read he fought at 165 at the olympics. So why cant he step up to 168 to fight ward?
    id say most 154 fighters would fight at 165 in the amateurs as its a lot harder to make weight day after day rather than just a once off as in the pros.

Andre Ward won an olympics at 178 pounds for example yet fought at 168 in the pros. I think GGG should move up as his big payday fights arent going to happen but I dont get why hes criticised so much for not yet nothing comes to Ward from the fanboys for sitting around doing nothing waiting for a small guy to move up to him.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Triple G will go where the best money is available, least risk and what will improve his legacy.

That is his criteria, in that order. As do most boxers.

Therefore he will stay at middleweight, try and fight Canelo and unify the division with record number of defences.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We watched Alvarez answer the bell at 180 and win yet he still won't step up ...funny how it works. He'll live in your house rent free and eat your food but he isn't mowing the lawn or doing the heavy lifting. Sanchez nailed it with Ward part there, you never wait or call on an idle man who is in catchup phase. Even the meanest dog doesn't chase a parked car twice.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Stay @Middle.
    Last edited by Master; 04-28-2016 at 06:23 AM.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    392 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG reminds me of Marvin Hagler very dominant and feared Marvin my very well have had better
    contenders in his time,! but GGG has wiped the floor with all he has faced.
    Chap just enjoy because we never relies a good thing thing till its gone, never mind 168 GGG is
    middle weight Champion a lighthouse in a sea of dross.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was the most boot-licking thing I read all week.

Like @denilson200 said: he is a Kazakh charlatain who fought zippo, zero and Zilch.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG has the weakest resume i think of any guy who has made it to pound for pound list. That not really his fault but most greats move up Jones, Pac, Mayweather, Oscar, Mosley, Tito, Pac, Cotto, Holyfeild and hell even Hopkins moved up at a old age and made waves. I mean if Holyfeild stayed at cw and undefeated no one would even give him a ten of respect he gets now for being the man hold the hw title more then any man in history. GGG is talented and if he can not get a fight i say take 168 or even 175 he really does not have that much to lose and he is not getting any younger either.

Thread Information