Fat Dan actually replied to me (I rarely post anything on Twitter) and a few other people tried to argue with me so I'm just going to vent my frustration here.

I say it's laughable that Canelo is above Crawford on the ESPN p4p list. Fat Dan says Canelo has better competition. This really isn't true. He may have a slight edge but not by much and he usually outweighs his opponents by a ton.

Let's look at this. Canelo has two really big names on his resume. Mosley is the first. We all know that was a joke. Mosley was way smaller and way past his best. Mosley actually did decent though. Cotto is the other name. Good win but again, Cotto was quite a bit smaller and definitely past his best. Both are good name recognition wins but neither are career defining wins IMO. Canelo has fought a few fighters his size. Two of about 5 of them gave him a lot of struggles. They are trout and Lara. Both fights were pickem type fights. Canelo in reality has made his name bearing smaller fighters as we all know.

Crawford doesn't have big named fighters on his resume, but that doesn't mean they aren't good fighters. Also, Crawford has easily dismantled his competition. Fighters like burns, dulorme, Prescott, Beltran, gamboa, etc are comparable to Canelo list of fighters skill wise. Crawford has just been more dominant.

Last but not least, just the eye test alone shows that Crawford is a superior fighter to Canelo. I do believe that Canelo has earned himself a spot in the top 10 (although it's still debatable if he deserves it over others), Crawford is 100% sure a top 10 fighter. That's not debatable. For anybody to think that Canelo is the better fighter is beyond me.