Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Golovkin - Canelo is Champ at 160 but has never faced a Middleweight!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin - Canelo is Champ at 160 but has never faced a Middleweight!

Oh brother. Ok .. fine Canelo give up the belt, let GGG have the belt for these 3 defenses. And his defenses will be BJS, a maintenance fight like Lee, and then Jacobs. At the end of those fights with (best case scenario) GGG having all 4 of the belts, we'll see who the bigger draw is and whether after he's collected all of the belts, if he still wants to break Hopkins record he'll decide if he wants to fight you (for your linear title and the ring belt made by your promoter's company -- which will mean f*ck all at that point) or move up and continue to take care of business... unless of course Canelo wants another 2 interim fights (bringing the total to 6) and then a tune up, then a steel cage match, etc etc. at that point.

If the belt truly means nothing like Hopkins said, then they'll do it and come to the negotiating table with jack squat at the end of this because they'd no longer have a dog in this race. (Jacobs being signed with haymon and BJS being signed with Warren). Let that marinate, golden boy....
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin - Canelo is Champ at 160 but has never faced a Middleweight!

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Canelo-GGG Update

Negotiations are ongoing between the camps of WBC middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez and WBA/IBF/WBC interim champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin. Fightnews.com® has learned that one of the proposals being discussed is that both fighters agree to have at least two or three interim fights each before they clash. If both sides agree to it, Canelo’s next foe could be either David Lemieux or Curtis Stevens. GGG could face Daniel Jacobs. The reasoning for the additional time is to let the fight marinate and become bigger and bigger so the fighters (Canelo and GGG) can make the most money when they finally do meet. Stay tuned…
    two or three interim fights :S bloody ell that's awful, canelo has taken one voluntary that should be enough.. Didnt the wbc just order the golovkin canelo fight, hopefully they turn out to be the sensible ones here and take the title away if this ends up happening..

although if golovkin does get to face jacobs that would end up throwing one more belt into the big fight, so maybe that could be acceptable but I hope there is no more stupid defences.
    Lets just hope Golovkin tells them to stuff it where the sun dont shine because if he accepts this joke then he becomes part of the problem.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Somebody make it stop.

Canelo-GGG Update

Negotiations are ongoing between the camps of WBC middleweight champion Canelo Alvarez and WBA/IBF/WBC interim champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin. Fightnews.com® has learned that one of the proposals being discussed is that both fighters agree to have at least two or three interim fights each before they clash. If both sides agree to it, Canelo’s next foe could be either David Lemieux or Curtis Stevens. GGG could face Daniel Jacobs. The reasoning for the additional time is to let the fight marinate and become bigger and bigger so the fighters (Canelo and GGG) can make the most money when they finally do meet. Stay tuned…
    Just unbelievable, how does a farce get this far?

Boxing News and results, Best source for the latest Boxing News, updated 24/7 - Fightnews.com
    FFS man. The only thing that needs to "become bigger" is Canelo! Not in the bathroom mirror practicing his blushing tough guy look but on the dotted line. It was a dead giveaway with Golovkin victims on the undercard that Canelo will time this out and go 'official' 160 vs either and talk it up. Talk. I'll buy Golovkin vs Jacobs just a bit more honest than Canelo actually. Isn't at least half of a guys early career about marinating anyway

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I understand this is BS, but at the same time I think GGG-Jacobs is about as interesting a fight, and Lemiuex might well have a chance against Canelo If the latter fight were to upset the apple cart, it would serve them right.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Has Jacobs ever mentioned Golovkin's name? I don't think that fight is even possible considering the promotional/TV situation in the States.

All the belt holders at 160 should be told to send them to GGG. Not that I give a shit about belts but Golovkin clearly wants them and these funkers are terrified of him. Has there ever been a more swerved fighter in the modern era?

Having said that - Canelo-Lemieux is a bloody good shootout though.
    Last edited by Fenster; 05-17-2016 at 10:07 PM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Has Jacobs ever mentioned Golovkin's name? I don't think that fight is even possible considering the promotional/TV situation in the States.

All the belt holders at 160 should be told to send them to GGG. Not that I give a shit about belts but Golovkin clearly wants them and these funkers are terrified of him. Has there ever been a more swerved fighter in the modern era?

Having said that - Canelo-Lemieux is a bloody good shootout though.
    I think out of the ring, Jacobs has mused about GGG and when pressed in the post fight interviews, its kind of been like yeah, of course, i want everybody blah blah blah Al Haymon blah blah blah and make the fight that makes the most sense. I think Jacobs believes he can beat GGG if they fought, it might just be the mire of promotional lines that have to be untangled/cross.

I think lemieux is taylor mad for Canelo which is why they picked him. Lemieux made 160 last time to pound out sacrificial lamb Tapia (not really a chance to see what was left after the GGG stoppage), but before that he had a catch weight fight at 162 and came in 3.5 lbs over. Not sure if its a one time thing or discipline problems behind the scenes. But anything lower than 160 will have lemieux probably wheeled to the scale. So canelo still comes in fight night about 180 to lemieuxs 170. With Canelos preference for counterpunching guy he doesnt have to chase, I think he probably bombs Lemieux out by the end of round 3 unless lemieux gets a different trainer. I think ramseys style will walk him right into a beating and make canelo look like a surgeon
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I understand this is BS, but at the same time I think GGG-Jacobs is about as interesting a fight, and Lemiuex might well have a chance against Canelo If the latter fight were to upset the apple cart, it would serve them right.
    And that’s what these people are gambling on. That the watchers will be happy once again with the brides maids and the reality tv series continuing. I remember partly joking about Lemiuex v Alvarez right after he lost to Golovkin and more than once.

This really is history repeating itself. When Martinez won both 54/60 Wbc belts he was told to chuck one. He tossed 54 and then shortly after he was made Emeritus champion of 160 and given the right of first refusal in the future in matters of the belt that they took from him and later Chavez Jr got. As emeritus (diamond-super-platinum) whatever champion he had the right to demand a fight with the regular champion. He did, for about 3 years while they backed a fake champion they gave his belt to milking the massive sanctioning fees.

Today another native son of the Wbc is holding the regular title and several years back the Wbc made another strap and called it "interim" which is another way of saying mandatory challenger but with sanctioning fees. They also handed Alvarez the Diamond belt allowing him to drop the regular and still be considered some kind of champion able to regain the regular whenever he feels it advantageous like they did for Vitali after he retired the first time for politics. Which Alvarez will do in the end I believe should he be backed into a corner. If Golovkin is smart he will force this pussies hand once and for all.

Golovkin is getting screwed and screwed and screwed over again and nobody is doing anything. It’s hard to believe that the same watchdogs that busted the IBF and the same ones that took the WBC to task in the 70's can’t see what’s going on here. It’s nothing short of total embezzlement.

And to the Wba. It’s nice to know that they won’t stand in the way and say they will hold off for 30 days before enforcing the mandatory but does anyone believe that Jacobs is even interested in going for Golovkins "super" title? And if Golovkin demanded their regular belt does anyone believe Jacobs would honour that call out? How convenient that these two oldest Orgs have all these belts. It allows them and the star promoters to construct things rather than let them play out. It’s getting to the point where old dicks like me are getting ready to find another pastime/sport to follow.

The guy that everyone and their dogs know is the real champion can’t get any one of the fake ones to hand over their straps in the ring. It’s a complete and collective freeze out of the one man that actually should be basking in the glory that all of these freakin plastic artificial constructs continue to enjoy. I apologize for being a tad long winded here but this situation is getting pretty close to the straw that broke the camel’s back for this fan. The stale welter division a close second. Combined, I've just about had enough.

Thread Information