Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Chisora & Whyte

I feel sorry for Del Boy, I don't think that he is anything more than a test for the best of the domestic level now, he certainly doesn't have enough to make a serious push with his career.

The only thing is (and I might be wrong) he seems like he will be one of those who just keeps on going and going and getting beat in every fight.

on completely unrelated news I've just read that David Price believes he should get a shot at AJ, the man must have a death wish

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I feel sorry for Del Boy, I don't think that he is anything more than a test for the best of the domestic level now, he certainly doesn't have enough to make a serious push with his career.

The only thing is (and I might be wrong) he seems like he will be one of those who just keeps on going and going and getting beat in every fight.

on completely unrelated news I've just read that David Price believes he should get a shot at AJ, the man must have a death wish
    He apparently sparked Joshua in sparring so is taking some comfidence from that I suppose.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Where did you get this idea that Price chinned Joshua in sparring?

I've nothing against Price, but the guy is looking for a shortcut as far as I'm concerned. Drugs or no drugs, Thompson and Teper exposed holes in him that cant be plugged. To paraphrase Tyson fury, he isn't a fighting man.
    Last edited by Memphis; 05-27-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Chisora clearly beat Helenius, who certainly did have a pulse, also gave Vitali a tough fight which was no easy feat. Today though? I think he's slipped enough to make the way he fights simply ineffective, although to be honest it would still be a good test/benchmark of how good Whyte is.
    I hear what you're saying, but on his record, it's a loss whether we like it or not. I had Groves beating Froch in the 1st fight, but it makes no difference. Besides all that , Helenius hasn't done much since to show that he is anything special anyway. Maybe he was overrated as well.
    As for Vitali, he was well beat. He put up a good effort to be fair to him, but that is based on the fact that at the time most people felt he shouldn't be in the same ring as Vitali .
    I genuinely believe and some may think I'm crazy, that today, right now, David Price beats Chisora fairly hansomely.
    I'm not saying Price would do anything against or even deserves to fight AJ, but that's where i think Chisora is , About 7th or 8th best in Britain!!

El Kabong Guest

Helenius tore his rotator cuff and his power has not been the same since....plus just recently he got chinned too

Vitali had some kind of injury when he fought Chisora as well...to me Vitali just looked like normal and systematically beat Chisora but apparently some people thought he was giving Vitali trouble and wanted to see a rematch or wanted Wlad to fight Chisora, why? I have no Earthly idea because Chisora lost handily.

I think Chisora is more talk now than substance in the ring, he's more known for doing outrageous shit outside the ring than for winning inside it. OOOOOOH he spit water in Wlad's face and had a scuffle with David Haye OOOOOOOH......frankly I think Del Boy is a retard

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Helenius tore his rotator cuff and his power has not been the same since....plus just recently he got chinned too

Vitali had some kind of injury when he fought Chisora as well...to me Vitali just looked like normal and systematically beat Chisora but apparently some people thought he was giving Vitali trouble and wanted to see a rematch or wanted Wlad to fight Chisora, why? I have no Earthly idea because Chisora lost handily.

I think Chisora is more talk now than substance in the ring, he's more known for doing outrageous shit outside the ring than for winning inside it. OOOOOOH he spit water in Wlad's face and had a scuffle with David Haye OOOOOOOH......frankly I think Del Boy is a retard
    I thought he really brought it to Vitali and pushed him, out working him in some rounds. Coulda even seen a draw.

Now as to your other points...I agree. He was an absolute cunt to spit in Wlad's face like that and to slap Vitali really. Spitting was the worst though.

David Haye beat his ass in that scuffle and then KOd him in the ring. Haye is also a cunt for starting a fight with a man who just went 12 hard rounds, then using weapons like a beer bottle n camera tripod to win said fight.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    I thought he really brought it to Vitali and pushed him, out working him in some rounds. Coulda even seen a draw.
    Could have seen a draw? Absolutely ridiculous, Vitali won going away AND with 1 arm as well!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now as to your other points...I agree. He was an absolute cunt to spit in Wlad's face like that and to slap Vitali really. Spitting was the worst though.

David Haye beat his ass in that scuffle and then KOd him in the ring. Haye is also a cunt for starting a fight with a man who just went 12 hard rounds, then using weapons like a beer bottle n camera tripod to win said fight.
    Hang on a minute, Haye was a cunt for mouthing off at a press conference that had nothing to do with him, I'll give you that. But Haye didn't start anything.
    Chisora stepped off the Platform, walked menacingly to the back of the room towards Haye, taking off his jacket , (not dissimilar to what happened with Whyte) giving it the big 'un. Haye had a beer bottle in his hand and defended himself. Let's get one thing straight , his fist was clenched with the bottle in it and he PUNCHED Chisora, he did not BOTTLE him. Chisora started it by walking to him after his 12 hard rounds , his choice.
    As for the Tripod, the only person he hit with that was Adam Booth and by the way , that was comedy gold!!!! Booth having a go at Chisora and his trainer saying "Who Glassed me" , when it was his own mate all along with a fucking tripod!!!

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Chisora clearly beat Helenius, who certainly did have a pulse, also gave Vitali a tough fight which was no easy feat. Today though? I think he's slipped enough to make the way he fights simply ineffective, although to be honest it would still be a good test/benchmark of how good Whyte is.
    I hear what you're saying, but on his record, it's a loss whether we like it or not. I had Groves beating Froch in the 1st fight, but it makes no difference. Besides all that , Helenius hasn't done much since to show that he is anything special anyway. Maybe he was overrated as well.
    As for Vitali, he was well beat. He put up a good effort to be fair to him, but that is based on the fact that at the time most people felt he shouldn't be in the same ring as Vitali .
    I genuinely believe and some may think I'm crazy, that today, right now, David Price beats Chisora fairly hansomely.
    I'm not saying Price would do anything against or even deserves to fight AJ, but that's where i think Chisora is , About 7th or 8th best in Britain!!
    I've never really gotten that about boxing fans. Everyone knows the judges are often useless or flat out corrupt, yet bad decisions are supposed to stick to the point where they are used to discredit the guy who got robbed. How can you have it both way? OK it's a loss on his record, but anyone who would actually bring up CHisora losing to Helenius as a point in any debate is being stupid imo. Froch-Groves is totally different because it was a stoppage, albeit an iffy one.If Groves had recovered and taken the next couple of rounds then lost on points, would you really say "well he lost to Froch, it's on his record, so he couldn't have possibly beaten so and so"?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Could have seen a draw? Absolutely ridiculous, Vitali won going away AND with 1 arm as well!
    I'm sorry the correct answer is moops. Card says moops.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I've never really gotten that about boxing fans. Everyone knows the judges are often useless or flat out corrupt, yet bad decisions are supposed to stick to the point where they are used to discredit the guy who got robbed. How can you have it both way? OK it's a loss on his record, but anyone who would actually bring up CHisora losing to Helenius as a point in any debate is being stupid imo. Froch-Groves is totally different because it was a stoppage, albeit an iffy one.If Groves had recovered and taken the next couple of rounds then lost on points, would you really say "well he lost to Froch, it's on his record, so he couldn't have possibly beaten so and so"?
    Firstly , I didn't use the Helenius loss to discredit him, I actually said what has Helenius done since to make him good anyway. Conversely , how can you give a Guy's standing a boost based on fights he's lost?
    Also isn't saying "Froch-Groves is totally different because it was a stoppage, albeit an iffy one" exactly the same? Isn't that "having it both ways"? The whole point was Groves didn't have to "recover," he was no more fucked than Froch was.
    Finally I'm not saying he can't beat so and so because he lost to Helenius. I'm saying he can't beat so and so because he has NEVER BEATEN ANYBODY WHO IS ANY GOOD!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    Where did you get this idea that Price chinned Joshua in sparring?

I've nothing against Price, but the guy is looking for a shortcut as far as I'm concerned. Drugs or no drugs, Thompson and Teper exposed holes in him that cant be plugged. To paraphrase Tyson fury, he isn't a fighting man.
    @Memphis https://twitter.com/davidprice_1/sta...54611229409281

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If I post on twitter that I chinned Joshua out is that real too?

You could have at least posted the Sky article that has a bit more detail. Assuming there's some truth to it, he at best knocked him down.

So Did Dillian
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    If I post on twitter that I chinned Joshua out is that real too?

You could have at least posted the Sky article that has a bit more detail. Assuming there's some truth to it, he at best knocked him down.

So Did Dillian
    @Memphis David Price: I knocked Anthony Joshua flat on his face during spar | World Boxing News

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If sparring counted Price would be champion of the world.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Thread Information