Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Deontay Wilder vs. Chris Arreola

Chris was defeated by an opponent who found him tailor made, The meal and snack warriors. Chris seems like a guy who could never pass up the burritos. He will be defeated at the weigh in UNLESS HE IS Chained up at night and all the refrigerators are guarded by armed security. His disposition on fight night may not be fit for viewing by children or those with a heart condition.
    Last edited by johnsebastianmiran; 05-28-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Iincomplete thought!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Have a feeling Chris will come off his suspension and be blasted out in spectacular fashion. Man hasn't been fierce since KO'ing Seth Mitchell and has been tooth and nail with guys a world trinket challenger shouldn't be as of late. That chin is cracka la cracked!
    I forgot about Seth Mitchell. Nice guy and some good talent just weak chin and got in the game too late after football.
    They bull rushed poor Mitchell to the HBO hype/grind machine . He was in deep early and if anything maxed the boxing half of it to his credit. Reminded of Cliff Etienne or Jefferson. Minus the whole shooting at cops and shit.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Hard to defend this decision. I like Wilder, but this is an awful fight to make as a champ.
    Lateef Kayode or dare I say Briggs would've been a better choice.
    Arreola would smash Kayode in 4 rounds I think. Too small. He's not a heavy.

He'd be favorite over old Briggs too.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
    Have a feeling Chris will come off his suspension and be blasted out in spectacular fashion. Man hasn't been fierce since KO'ing Seth Mitchell and has been tooth and nail with guys a world trinket challenger shouldn't be as of late. That chin is cracka la cracked!
    I forgot about Seth Mitchell. Nice guy and some good talent just weak chin and got in the game too late after football.
    They bull rushed poor Mitchell to the HBO hype/grind machine . He was in deep early and if anything maxed the boxing half of it to his credit. Reminded of Cliff Etienne or Jefferson. Minus the whole shooting at cops and shit.
    I liked Seth, really wanted him to be the next star.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Briggs/Areola I'd pay to see

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola best shot may be a mental letdown by Wilder. Under all of the BOMB SQUAD yelling and seeming an ok dude, I think Wilder is wrapped way too tight. If Chris commits himself to 4 rounds and gets his arse on his shoulders he may pull off a million dollar brick. The longer it goes the fatter his face becomes though.

Anyone know where they are doing this? Back in Alabama for Wilder maybe

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arreola is really starting to show signs of major wear now, he is slipping a lot i think, he used to be super tough and able to take a lot of punches but he's been knocked down early his last fight and even curtis harper had him in a fair bit of trouble at stages of their fight, he is really getting hit with a lot of punches that he just doesn't see coming anymore and of course they do the most damage. Wilder is certainly not great but he has fast hands and can generate a lot of power so if he takes on this older beat down arreola then I really can't see it ending well for arreola at all S:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why on earth is he facing this bum is he not a champ god man how much more does he need to learn. I mean he won the belt and he facing a guy who never beat anyone worth a shit really. Why not face a contender is there a reason why these guys are not fighting each other or not.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Why on earth is he facing this bum is he not a champ god man how much more does he need to learn. I mean he won the belt and he facing a guy who never beat anyone worth a shit really. Why not face a contender is there a reason why these guys are not fighting each other or not.
    Povetkin failed the drug test in what was a pretty big money fight. Considering that could be rescheduled and this is a voluntary defence, I think Arreola is about as decent a guy as you could have hoped for, though I agree he's probably getting flattened.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr140 View Post
    Povetkin failed the drug test in what was a pretty big money fight. Considering that could be rescheduled and this is a voluntary defence, I think Arreola is about as decent a guy as you could have hoped for, though I agree he's probably getting flattened.
    I did not know about that well shit he just fighting a guy who got his ass whooped few times by the guy Wilder won title from not to mention fatty has not really done anything at high level. Who knows though Wilder was having a rough time with that no name dude maybe a good fight.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's pathetic, a title challenger should be formidable. Wilder is a punk and the sport is sad to read about. Everyone maximizing earnings, no glory.

Thank god Crawford and Ward moved up for challenges or the sport wouldn't have anyone to respect.(hard to say since I hate Ward)

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope Arreola makes GOOD payday for this, and then gets out. I hope he purses over $1.5. Or else taking this fight to knowingly go in and lose is not worth it.

But, the set up ain't "that bad". One of the guys, Molina, that Wilder went in with lost to Arreola in the first round. I'm certain the other two guys that Wilder has ko'd, Arreola would wipe the floor with them just as much ASIDE from Duhappas, and it would all depend on if Arreola came in in shape to go the distance.

Not more than 6 rounds this goes. But let's hope Arreola gets a good, decent "retire me" pay day.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Everyone maximizing earnings, no glory.

You're welcome dawg

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Enough of this guys.

Arreola will be the best title defense Wilder has made and we all know it.

He's shopworn but leagues above Arthur Spilka and company.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't think he is anymore. THe Duhaupas guy Wilder fought proved to be at least formidable stopping Helenius not long ago, and Spizka is a young guy who is decent and probably had his best performance against Wilder. A fighter isn't always as good as his last fight, but his last 3? Pretty safe to say gives you an idea. Watch Arreolas, and tell me thats the same guy he was.

Thread Information