Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default another beginner, advice plz...

Heya guys, looks like a great forum
    Ok heres the thing, me and the guy in the post 'begginer' are kind of in a similar situation. Except I'm 17 and I don't work out as often as I used to. I've also never been in any 'fist fights'...so don't really know what it's like getting hit in the head and face hehe . I've found a guy who lives 10minutes drive from me, who offers private boxing lessons, has his own gym at his house. I don't intend to start up boxing to have fights with people inside and outside the ring, but I'd like to know some basics and get in shape again a bit. So I'm what you guys call a 'get fitter' i guess hehe :P Ok now my main concern is my nose...if i lets say was to start going to fights while boxing im afraid of getting my nose broke badly coz the damn thing is pretty thin I reckon! When I lift my eyebrows up and touch my nose it feels extremely thin at the top of it..I'm not sure if it's meant to be like that or if it's from all the balls I've coped in the face from soccer and basketball when I was younger eheh. I was wondering what you guys have to say about this? you think it's normal? is there a way to #^&* it up good if i was to cop a punch right in the face/nose?
    Also, I weigh 70kg and I'm 173cm tall..also used to do dumbells a fair bit now its just once or twice a week with a few sit ups and push ups..and i don't smoke..cigaretts, don't do drugs or drink so yeh..what you guys think?

Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: another beginner, advice plz...

One truth in boxing: its never as bad as you thought it would be. Treat it as an incentive to be a better defensive boxer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dont be a pussy about your nose. most of the time people end up being punched all over the place cause all theyr worried about is their nose. its really not that bad.

if you take a huge punch to the wrong place its likely to break. its not that bad, and then you wont be worried about it any more

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm not sure why the general public seem to have this whole fear of getting hit in the nose... I'd rather be hit in the nose than the ribs any day... Its not really that bad... just a sort of numb feeling and you get used to it pretty quickly (not that you should do but try learning to box with out getting hit... :P)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

hm yeah i guess you guys are right, i'll probly go give it a shot, maybe i turn out good...maybe not :P thanks anyways. One more thing, i've heard bench pressing can screw with your growth if you do it to early? Is 17 years of age ok to start doing some bench pressing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

what i want you to do for me is go and find the person that gave you that advice. take your right hand and raise it to your heart

then bring it down across their face as hard as you can.

thats completely stupid, bench press has absoloutely no result on your growth whatsoever

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

haha thanks alex...ill go do just that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

make sure you knock him out... other wise you'll learn wether or not you like getting hit on the nose before you've even laced your gloves up :P

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by AdamGB
    I'm not sure why the general public seem to have this whole fear of getting hit in the nose... I'd rather be hit in the nose than the ribs any day... Its not really that bad... just a sort of numb feeling and you get used to it pretty quickly (not that you should do but try learning to box with out getting hit... :P)
    Ill Mitch never gets punched in the nose.
    http://instagram.com/jonnyboy_85_/

Thread Information