Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Drug test failures

So, looks like another failed drug test in boxing, this time by Lucian Bute.

Boxing has no proper centralised doping laws, or a WADA style testing regime. The number of boxers who have failed drug tests is (in the scheme of things) quite low ..... which leads me to surmise that we have a serious doping issue in the sport, as those who are caught are invariably just the tip of the iceberg.

I belive that steroid and other drug abuse has been rife in boxing since the early 1990's. Anybody remember Evan Field, who was caught up in the BALCO scandal? If that had been any other major sport, that individual would have been formally identified and charged. But not boxing.

I belive that there is deep seated cultural thing in play here.

Look at Meldonium, which hit the news when Maria Sharapova failed a drug test recently. It is intended for people with acute heart failure, and it speeds up the flow of blood around the body, providing greater oxygenation and therefore stamina. Up until last year, for some reason, it wasn't on the banned list.

Now look at the amount of people who were taking it. There have been hundreds of Russian athletes caught, including Povetkin. Anybody with half a brain knows that an international world class athlete is usually not suffering from acute heart failure, so they must have been knowingly taking it for performance improvement. That is absolutely against the ethics of any sport, but they all thought it was OK to do it.

Look also at the amount of professional athletes who 'have asthma'. A standard asthma inhaler contained a chemical which increases the dilation of the alveoli in the lungs, giving more efficient oxygenation, and therefore better performance.

The running coach, Alberto Salazar, allegedly (!) tells all his athletes to claim they have asthma so they can be approved to use an inhaler ..... Thus gaining an immoral performance improvement.

If you want to test the culture of your own countries athletes, see how many of them 'have asthma'. I guarantee you the percentage will be unfeasably high.

All those people are cheating, but they somehow think it's OK because the inhaler is not banned. They are missing the point, and that is why sports will perennially suffer from doping issues..
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Drug test failures

That’s a shame. I maintain they are all cheaters and the real cheat regarding these tests is the application.

Did you catch this?
    Doping: 23 athletes from London 2012 positive in retests | Reuters

Ok 22 are probably Russians lol but it’s going to be interesting to see what takes place as the testing technology starts to narrow the curve. They may have to rewrite the history books.

If boxing follows suit and keeps the samples for 10 years for the same reasons people could be in for future shock.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yep, the idea that anyone wasn't performance enhancing taking Meldonium because it wasn't banned is just stupid.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    That’s a shame. I maintain they are all cheaters and the real cheat regarding these tests is the application.

Did you catch this?
    Doping: 23 athletes from London 2012 positive in retests | Reuters

Ok 22 are probably Russians lol but it’s going to be interesting to see what takes place as the testing technology starts to narrow the curve. They may have to rewrite the history books.

If boxing follows suit and keeps the samples for 10 years for the same reasons people could be in for future shock.
    And they should all be caught. And they should be told that samples will be kept to deter the few it may deter. If Marciano was cheating I want to know and I want his record adjusted accordingly. Take down all the cheating scumbags in whatever way you can. This is blood sport, it is not to be taken lightly

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Yep, the idea that anyone wasn't performance enhancing taking Meldonium because it wasn't banned is just stupid.

That’s a little shadowy, I mean HTF was that not on the list until now and I'm still unclear on the residuals. I mean look at weed. Not only is it asinine to have it included as a performance enhancer but it can show up 30 days after you burnt one. Yet a known performance enhancer was not even banned until this year lol.

There is only one way to describe these practises. Schizophrenic.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by IamInuit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

That’s a little shadowy, I mean HTF was that not on the list until now and I'm still unclear on the residuals. I mean look at weed. Not only is it asinine to have it included as a performance enhancer but it can show up 30 days after you burnt one. Yet a known performance enhancer was not even banned until this year lol.

There is only one way to describe these practises. Schizophrenic.
    I agree it's absurd that it wasn't banned sooner. But not nearly as absurd as an elite athlete taking a drug thats purpose is to treat heart failure and saying "well, it wasn't banned". They all knew what they were doing, cheating. Every one of these bastards says the same BS going back to Balco "I didn't know..." BS! You're paying thousands of dollars on a normal doctor visit for a reason, you know, I know, everyone knows.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

String them by their balls.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So that's 23 from the London games and 33 from Beijing. 56 all because of a new development, Not sure why they cant release the names and site legal reasons? Do not announce the findings then. Why would the same facts permitting you to announce the finding not give/allow legal standing for announcing the names? I'm starting to think economics is the anti-Christ.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I saw a headine stating American wrestlers under Vince MCMahon are using 2 supplements. Viatropin and Viarexin.supposedly they aren't classified as steroids.

I looked it up on amazon. They said they were sold out and dont know when they will have it.
    I Like to read amazon reviews...... they seem pretty honest. Somtimes brutally honest.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sharapova claims that she has pre-diabetes and the drug she got caught taking can help delay the onset of diabetes.

Which makes the fact that she's set up a company to sell this product hard to undrstand:

International Shipping | Sugarpova

Thread Information