Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Devastating news about Ali.

Terrible day for boxing today.

You cannot argue with his contribution to boxing and how popular the sport becane with his help.

Rip champ.
    You say tomato,
    ‘n I say …… it correctly.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The ultimate sporting Icon, and as such, there will always be people who don't like him or have bad things to say about him, but what cannot be denied is the impact he had not only on Sport , but the whole World.
    So to the people who don't like or don't rate Ali, I would ask "have you impacted with the World with your life as much as he has?"
    RIP. xxx

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: RIP Muhammad Ali

Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

An excellent fighter; only Joe Louis is close to him as a Heavyweight. As a worldwide icon perhaps only Mandela and Gandhi were equals.

To quote Angelo Dundee:

"Muhammad ruined us for everybody. He was great outside [the ring]; he was great inside. We got so accustomed to it we thought we deserved it."
    Last edited by Britkid; 06-04-2016 at 09:11 PM.
    "Boxing is like jazz. The better it is, the less people appreciate it."

George Foreman

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The true TBE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Devastating news about Ali.

I am genuinely heartbroken.

This man was, and is, my only hero.

Rest in peace Champ .... you did good
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Size, speed, athleticism, endurance, excitement, nerve and guts, chin. The complete package in the ring. Ducked absolutely nobody and defused many of the most fearsome fighters to ever step into a ring.

But it's outside the ring where he elevated himself beyond greatness. Entertainment, stunning charisma, humour, warmth, humanity and pride.

My one and only hero. Rest in peace champ. Your ghost will haunt every heavyweight for all time.
    Last edited by X; 06-04-2016 at 08:54 PM.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The Greatest, the term itself exceeds hyperbole and yet you can no longer hear it without thinking of one man, that is how enormous the legacy of Muhammad Ali is. It is often said, (and get used to it as you will be hearing it a lot in the days that follow) that he transcended sport, that he transcended boxing, and that he was the most famous man on the planet. The 20th Century is not the same place without Ail but you can not divorce who he is , his impact and legacy from the noble art that provided him with the motivation, platform and reason to become who he was.

If you want to know more about the man I could not recommend more highly, two books, David Remnick’s 'King of the World' and Thomas Hauser’s seminal 'His life and times'. Better still watch the 41 rounds he shared with Joe Frazier and some of his other epic battles between the ropes. There is a story that Ali tells in his own book 'The Soul of a Butterfly' of a recurring dream he had when younger. In it he dreamed of running down the main street in Louisville when a truck would drive straight towards him. Rather than getting out of the way he ran straight at it and arms waving took off flying over the oncoming vehicle whilst people stood clapped and cheered. It was to become the way he lived his life. He ducked no obstacle and stood and faced challenge after seemingly insurmountable challenge, using each contest as springboard to get higher and higher until eventually he was able to soar.

At this point I have to declare that as a boxing fan I do not along with many, many others consider Ali to be the Greatest boxer, he is possibly not even the greatest heavyweight and no, I do not consider him the greatest sportsman either. He was though, without doubt an incredible human being who elevated and inspired so many other people and used his position to stick two fingers up to the establishment. He was a fantastic entertainer, a fighter whose graceful and eloquent physical prowess put him up there amongst the greatest the sport has ever seen. His quick tongue and unceasing humour even in the face of great adversity is a lesson for us all, and the world is a flatter and duller place without a character that could light up the faces of people across generations, ethnic, and social classes. He was the people's champion in much more than heavyweight boxing and in countless ways he will never be matched or transcended. He was a pioneer, a punk rock pugilist who tore up the rule book and invented a persona that fearlessly ripped apart so many sham conventions and punctured many a pompous ego. Rest in Peace Champ. There will never be another one like you.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I always loved the interview he did on Parkinson with Freddie Star, I would put a link to it but I'm using my tablet and don't know how to do it.

Anyway it is funny as fuck, Star completely sucks Ali in with his story

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He was dead already once he left the ring in 80's, his life was over outside the ring since then
    Last edited by SugarBoxing; 06-04-2016 at 09:27 PM.
    Learn Mike Tyson style and elements of Peekaboo @ SugarBoxing

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muhammad Ali is on respirator!

He is gone. RIP Ali
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    946 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by NVSemin View Post
    He was dead already once he left the ring in 80's, his life was over outside the ring since then
    Who made you his advocate ? Fortunately most people are not so ignorant.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you never believed in the Devil before in your life, but watched as Muhammad Ali, who boasted himself as too fast, too pretty, who others labelled him as "The Mouth of the South" and "The Louisville Lip", at the end of it all become reduced to a shell of a man who couldn't speak, couldn't move and body started to crumple over right before our very eyes, then you would not only believe in the Devil now but you would also know that the Devil's tool was cruel irony.

God bless Ali. What he did for Black people and people of colour of our generation could only be matched by the likes of MLK, Pele, Malcolm and Mandela.

He not only helped us to have dignity. He gave us a right to express our beliefs no matter the persecution and no matter the penalties, because that right of expression and idea is what truly makes us valuable assets to this human race.

He had his faults, like all people do. But his faults were as a result of the time he was born into, and not because the material of his humanhood was any less faulty. If born in 1980, Ali would have the same principles for different causes and then some, because now in this era we know better and know more!

I look around today, and there ain't many like him left. PERIOD. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic. He is truly the last of a good crop.
    ‪#‎RIPAli‬ ‪#‎Ali‬ ‪#‎Boomaye‬

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Muhammad Ali is on respirator!

If you never believed in the Devil before in your life, but watched as Muhammad Ali, who boasted himself as too fast, too pretty, who others labelled him as "The Mouth of the South" and "The Louisville Lip", at the end of it all become reduced to a shell of a man who couldn't speak, couldn't move and body started to crumple over right before our very eyes, then you would not only believe in the Devil now but you would also know that the Devil's tool was cruel irony.

God bless Ali. What he did for Black people and people of colour of our generation could only be matched by the likes of MLK, Pele, Malcolm and Mandela.

He not only helped us to have dignity. He gave us a right to express our beliefs no matter the persecution and no matter the penalties, because that right of expression and idea is what truly makes us valuable assets to this human race.

He had his faults, like all people do. But his faults were as a result of the time he was born into, and not because the material of his humanhood was any less faulty. If born in 1980, Ali would have the same principles for different causes and then some, because now in this era we know better and know more!

I look around today, and there ain't many like him left. PERIOD. Black, White, Asian, Hispanic. He is truly the last of a good crop.

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Devastating news about Ali.

Hidden Content

Thread Information