Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    948 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Crolla to fight Linares in WBA/WBC Unification fight 24 SEP 2016

"I'm so excited to have the chance to unify the lightweight division," Crolla said. "Jorge is a fantastic fighter and it's another mountain to climb, but these are the tests that I thrive on and I've beaten two great fighters in [Darleys] Perez and Barroso and I'm confident that I can beat Jorge too.
    "I'm having to pinch myself after everything that's happened. I'm fighting the number one fighter in the division for the WBC, WBA and Ring titles; it doesn't get any better than this. I'm very proud and privileged to be able to bring this fight to Manchester."

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/anthony-cro...hester-1565469
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crolla to fight Linares in WBA/WBC Unification fight 24 SEP 2016

This is a terrific fight, and I'm excited for it.

Still, it is hard for me get around the fact that Linares avoided a fight with Dejan. He was his mandatory, Linares got "hurt," and then signed to fight someone different. A bit odd, wouldn't you say?

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This will be a cracking fight and I think Corolla will win this fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Outstanding fight and like Linares on his hands but the real winner is the WeBeCollecting . So we have Dejan who was just crowned champion. Linares is "champion in recess" and winner must face Dejan. This line is the literal definition of insignificant trinkets "...will be putting on the line a wbc Diamond belt, an honorary championship bestowed by the wbc that is not subject to defense...they are marketing it as a unification"

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like this fight, should be a good interesting scrap.

I'm backing Crolla

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

wrong thread, apologies

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

im going

probably
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    wrong thread, apologies
    Drinking again?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    wrong thread, apologies
    Drinking again?
    Nope, you will be glad to hear that I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since Saturday

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    wrong thread, apologies
    Drinking again?
    Nope, you will be glad to hear that I haven't touched a drop of alcohol since Saturday

cured
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair play to Crolla, no doddle fights for him. I always back against Crolla so this time will do so again.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Anthony Crolla is ducking me, says Terry Flanagan

Terry Flanagan has accused fellow Mancunian and lightweight world champion Anthony Crolla of ducking him.

Flanagan, 27, defends his WBO title against South Africa's Mzonke Fana at the Manchester Arena on 9 July.

Crolla, 29, defends his WBA title against Venezuela's Jorge Linares at the same venue on 24 September.

"We offered Crolla the fight and he didn't want it. If he wants the fight, he should go to his coach and promoter and say he wants it," said Flanagan.

"It's probably the people around him who are worried about the fight, but it's Crolla's decision at the end of the day.

"It's an easy fight to make. Frank [Warren, Flanagan's promoter] isn't making it hard for them. If anything, he's bending over backwards to make it happen.

"He's giving in to their demands. He's said they can have it on Sky Sports [with whom Crolla's promoter Eddie Hearn has an exclusive deal], but still they don't want it.

"If we both keep winning, it might happen down the line, but I'm not confident it will. He knows my style will give him problems and I don't think his team believe he can beat me.

"It's a shame because Anthony's a great fighter and he has looked really good in his last three fights. Let's just make proper fights and have the best fight the best. Don't be scared to lose."

Flanagan, who is unbeaten in 30 professional fights, is making the third defence of his title against the 42-year-old Fana, a former super-featherweight world champion who made his pro debut in 1994.

"People say: 'Why are you fighting this old man [Fana]?'" said Flanagan, whose most recent defence was a points victory over Liverpool's Derry Mathews in March.

"We want the big fights that the fans want to see. All we can do is keep pushing for them and hopefully one of them will come off."

Warren says he made Crolla an offer of £500,000 to fight Flanagan and that Crolla chose to fight mandatory challenger Ismael Barroso instead.

In the first defence of his title last month, Crolla stopped the previously unbeaten Venezuelan, improving his record to 31 wins from 38 pro fights.

Both Barroso and former WBC champion Linares stopped Britain's Kevin Mitchell last year.

Anthony Crolla is ducking me, says Terry Flanagan - BBC Sport

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good fight and good match making from Hearn. We all wanted flannigan vs Crolla but this a nice substitute.

Linares is pure class and can bang although he may be a touch fragile and could be past his best. Crolla jumps up in levels every time he fights so if he's a little better and linares is worse then we have a good long fight.

I think linares starts fast but the Crolla bites down on the gum shield and works his way into the fight like he did last time. Can't wait

Thread Information