Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: If you began your own boxing forum.

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: If you began your own boxing forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Yep you knew this was coming.

How would you run it?

I guess I should look at the blogs before I comment...!
    Do you have guests from time to time?

My fav site did. Most times it was boxers the moderators met at the boxing hall of fame.

Front page would headline it like Steve USS Cunningham online this Friday!! Taking questions.
    The last guy was Nate Campbell right after he beat Diaz.

I would definitely have guest boxers, referees ...even try to get a few who post from time to time. ...if I had a site...or could suggest to this one.

In terms of moderating Especially the non boxing threads..I dunno. I tend to agree with Greenz I decided to kinda talk political on political sites..not so much here anymore. Here it isn't political discussion. Just bunker minded arguments with an I'm-right-your-wrong- mentality.
    ...one can't limit their ideas without denying their freedom of speech to denigrate, berate, contradict and or exemplify bias even bigoted thinking.
    Such topics won't necessarily imply racism or violence. So a moderator has a helluva job in trying to moderate off topics...and not runaway certain people who cant take such great offense that they leave.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Again, I cannot fathom.a well-adjusted adult being driven off a forum.

I have read all sorts of stellar posts and rubbish as well, and none.of it has ever caused anything.

I thought I was sensitive, but one has to be a bloody fucking PETUNIA to find "disagreeable" or "childish" posts SO repugnant (OH! THE FUCKING MELODRAMA!) to opt out of participating.

WHAT UTTER, UTTER RUBBISH.

Put up or shut up.

Agreed.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I have read all sorts of stellar posts and rubbish as well, and none.of it has ever caused anything.

I thought I was sensitive, but one has to be a bloody fucking PETUNIA to find "disagreeable" or "childish" posts SO repugnant (OH! THE FUCKING MELODRAMA!) to opt out of participating.

Put up or shut up.

Agreed.
    Naw. . your TAN.
    Tough
    As
    Nails.

Agreed. Freedom of speech.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

Put up or shut up.

Agreed.
    Naw. . your TAN.
    Tough
    As
    Nails.

Agreed. Freedom of speech.
    Yeah. That's right. So hang tough homie. Corned beef and kites. New book coming out. Fireworks on the 4 th. Over in the north. Did you see mommy? She's making the pastrami. Power out. Sauer kraut.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not much to change really, but there should be politically correct board where those that don't like fun can post without being triggered.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Not much to change really, but there should be politically correct board where those that don't like fun can post without being triggered.
    ••*****•••••```````THAT IS THE POST OF THE POST-BREXIT ERA`````•••••***********•••

Damn, son, YOU HAVE NAILED IT!!!!!! OH HELL YEAH…………OH HELLLLLLLL YYYYYYYYEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not broke don't fix.

Not being the boxing fan I once was I miss a lot of what goes on here - and I don't get involved in the political shit (on saying that I surprised myself by posting a few views on brevity yesterday) as it usually has to involve reading a couple of dissertations by Miles.

I have no problems with the Mods apart from the fact Master is one.

I remember the early days when JimC once changed the word 'Arse' in my post to 'bum'. . Whattaguy. Sad do had to have a word. Anyone remember Saddo ?!?

Let the ones moaning speak
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Beanz is right. Miles Brock Rocco and Master should be banned. Andre should be demoted and I should be a mod. I will clean this place up of the turds falling into these forums. If I ran this place there would be no more joking around and we would solve the issues screwing up this world. Way too many utter cunts around here.13 year olds would not be allowed which would take care of the Rocco issue. Spiccolli can stay, he doesn't piss me off like master does. This place has gone to hell. Bring back Bill Paxtom, so what he didn't like Joe Louis but he appreciated Ali. I'll trade two Brock's for one Bill Paxtom. Miles is alright but he's an utter cunt and he's trying to turn me gay. Well I have many other ideas to fix this place but most of you aren't smart enough to keep up with me yes, I was voted one of the best posters here which shows a few of you have a brain. I'm at work right now so I don't know why you are all bothering me but since I got this promotion at the job it seems I can do whatever I want and no one bothers me. I know it sounds good but I work third shift on the weekend and put in 40 hours in three days so it really isn't that great and I miss a lot of boxing so these bastards should leave me alone. I shall get to work and fix this forum but we definitely need to get rid of a number of utter cunts. Now stop bothering me.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@walrus I just may re-vote and give you post of the post-Brexit era! Stellar stuff. Now take me home, country roads, to the place, I belong, ...

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This post defines the toughness of moderating.
    10-20 years ago, there was no phrase called p.c. So those who spoke freely, ...to the point of insults...were labeled as assholes with no respect for other's opinions.

See, how does a moderator determine what is fun? For all?

Some like to call people names in fun. That's cool. Others because that's how they think. How does a moderator determine the difference?

Thanks to this new label...politically correct....a real goodness to gracious Christian can't engage in calling someone a hoe' ass punk ass dick suckin' liberal... Their principles.. Which they practice wouldn't allow.
    Those who find fault in certain races, ethnicity, religions partisan parties have a ball using the label (PC).
    I noticed those who don't use the term PC...are the very ones getting slapped with that very label.

Where is the fun in constantly deriding one political party? Constantly finding fault including certain demographics..ignoring others?

I don't initiate name calling on boards because I am PC...if I can't say it to your face, then I have no manly reason to say it across the internet.

Boxing, sports in general... I can take ragging...but adults 30,40 or 50 older...don't see fun the same way on social political iissues.

A good moderator has to take that into consideration.
    Last edited by SlimTrae; 06-27-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Great points, Ben. You clearly don't see the fun in political mudslinging. I respect that. You have also concisely pointed how side-splittingly good fun other people find it. There is no right and wrong. Again, THE BEAUTY OF FREEDOM IS A POSTER CAN SKIP A THREAD THEY FIND REPUGNANT.
    (Rather than accuse "wicked people" (oh! The bloody fucking MELODRAMA!) of "destroying" a forum!) Or....engage in character assassination....a southwestern favorite tactic that Miles and I have had hurled our way in countless occasions....

Master (except for his accidental banning of me for something Bill Paxton cruelly wrote about Bean on his birthday) is an AWESOME mod, and Andre is Cool Hand Luke who has amazed me with his even-handedness while coming under utterly unreasonable attack from Bean lately. Mods are doing great.

Threads get nixed or bounced, that's the way it goes, I have no issues.

Threads seem repugnant to some, hey, IGNORE THE THREAD OR PARTICIPATE AS YOU LIKE. You are FREE!
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 06-27-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Mentioned
    447 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

10-20 years ago, there was no phrase called p.c. So those who spoke freely, ...to the point of insults...were labeled as assholes with no respect for other's opinions.

Some like to call people names in fun. That's cool. Others because that's how they think. How does a moderator determine the difference?

Thanks to this new label...politically correct....a real goodness to gracious Christian can't engage in calling someone a hoe' ass punk ass dick suckin' liberal... Their principles.. Which they practice wouldn't allow.
    Those who find fault in certain races, ethnicity, religions partisan parties have a ball using the label (PC).
    I noticed those who don't use the term PC...are the very ones getting slapped with that very label.

Where is the fun in constantly deriding one political party? Constantly finding fault including certain demographics..ignoring others?

I don't initiate name calling on boards because I am PC...if I can't say it to your face, then I have no manly reason to say it across the internet.

Boxing, sports in general... I can take ragging...but adults 30,40 or 50 older...don't see fun the same way on social political iissues.

Yeah mate I think Saddo was smart setting up the boards like this that way we at least have a place to sweep stuff if some dirt start building and people are being to choke up
    Instead of getting too involved in it cause really who are we to judge its a changing world.

That said, I think it would be a running shit hole if the first rule of 'respect peoples race and sex' was quashed:

Then again that is for blatant discrimination and old fashioned abuse through name calling not talking about all it openly.
    Last edited by Andre; 06-27-2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

I can explain it.
    But I cant understand it for you.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think people should try and be polite to one another and I guess that is a form of political correctness. What confuses me though is when you offer some facts and then the reply is something along the lines of 'That is racist propaganda, you cunt'. And that just has me scratching my head because you are just offering facts that don't fit the politically correct narrative and then at the same time being abused for facts that are just facts. Like for instance it is a fact that children of single mothers are more likely to become single mothers too and have issues with drugs and alcohol and live in poverty. Pointing this out is apparently just being a cunt and I don't think it is. I think it is just offering evidence and then suggesting people don't need to perpetuate cycles of misery. Instead you are always a cunt no matter what you say or do. There is a double standard there. They ignore the serious issues and just want to make you a cunt regardless.

In the past I would have liked it if the personal abuse could have been stopped because basically at times I had no choice but to defend myself in a very aggressive, base manner no different to those doing the attacking. At times it also led to me being very angry with Mods and the site. No doubt about it. I didn't feel I was getting a fair hearing. I hear it constantly now too, but it is just that I handle it a bit better than in the past. I have come to understand that those doing the attacking have serious issues of their own and it makes them feel better to have a few targets. I will have a dig back now and then, but certainly not lose sleep over it. It did use to make me very angry.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now have I said some terrible things in my life as a younger man? Yes, I have. Now get over it! It's like the media saying Bowie was a fascist for making a few political comments and being caught mid wave/Nazi salute in the 1970's. He probably wasn't much of a fascist, but you can always hold a few drunk sentences up and say 'See, he was!'. Bit sad if you ask me.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now have I said some terrible things in my life as a younger man? Yes, I have. Now get over it! It's like the media saying Bowie was a fascist for making a few political comments and being caught mid wave/Nazi salute in the 1970's. He probably wasn't much of a fascist, but you can always hold a few drunk sentences up and say 'See, he was!'. Bit sad if you ask me.
    Basically, that's called "mountains out of mole hills". Its been the norm now for about 15 years. What?! He was wearing a swastika? Oh he must be an anti-Semite!

Corny ass shit, really. Corny mofos with that shit.

Thread Information