Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Jim Watt announces his retirement

Quote Originally Posted by erics44 View Post
    Im serious
    Oh right, Ha! here goes then.
    As a bloke he's a sound bloke and did fantastically well to win a World Title.

No Father should ever have to go through what he has in his personal life and my heart goes out to him.

As a commentator, he was dated and changed his mind every round.

As a ringside scorer , he was nothing short of a comedian. Fucking useless.

one thing I will give him credit for, There was a parody twitter account in his name, (Dunno if it's been shut down now.) which was the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

its all about entertainment and Jim provides that

who cares if he gets it wrong sometimes
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok, so he's there as an "expert summariser", but it's ok for him to get it wrong? So in effect a shit expert summariser can be a good expert summariser because they're "entertaining "?
    So why don't they have Peter Kay replace him? He might get a few things wrong, but he's entertaining as fuck!
    First and foremost it's about the BOXING. Please let's not lose track of that.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Ok, so he's there as an "expert summariser", but it's ok for him to get it wrong? So in effect a shit expert summariser can be a good expert summariser because they're "entertaining "?
    So why don't they have Peter Kay replace him? He might get a few things wrong, but he's entertaining as fuck!
    Great idea Peter Kay would be funny as a commentator.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so you want a commentator that is entertaining, scores fights properly every time, never changes his mind, doesn't make any mistakes, and hits the nail on the head every time he opens his mouth?
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

so you want a commentator that is entertaining, scores fights properly every time, never changes his mind, doesn't make any mistakes, and hits the nail on the head every time he opens his mouth?
    no. I would settle for someone giving a good insight, reading fights well, have a fair idea of who has won a round and was easy to listen to. Nobody's perfect, but let's be consistent .
    Paulie Malignaggi, Carl Froch , Andre Ward and even the little Welsh fellah on Box Nation are better than Watt.
    I like Richie Woodhall as a bloke, but he's a bit of a lickass and biased.
    But I don't want to sound like a hater, I truly wish Jim Watt a happy retirement , because nobody should have to bury 2 of their own kids.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no. I would settle for someone giving a good insight, reading fights well, have a fair idea of who has won a round and was easy to listen to. Nobody's perfect, but let's be consistent .
    Paulie Malignaggi, Carl Froch , Andre Ward and even the little Welsh fellah on Box Nation are better than Watt.
    I like Richie Woodhall as a bloke, but he's a bit of a lickass and biased.
    But I don't want to sound like a hater, I truly wish Jim Watt a happy retirement , because nobody should have to bury 2 of their own kids.
    Richie really he's a nice guy down to earth I remember being in his company and this ass hole talking trash, about fighting not boxing.
    Richie was a gent the guy had to much to drink just talking shit.
    I remember that about 10 years back it must have been.
    One of the good guys in boxing and there is nothing wrong with that.

Thread Information