60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Carl Frampton v Leo Santa Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Silkeyjoe View Post
    Just for clarification I think Cruz is correctly the fav here. I gave him about a 55% chance of winning but the value is with Frampton with odds suggesting he just has a 28% chance of winning.

I think Frampton will win the early rounds with Cruz finishing strong. Really could go either way but think you have to be mad to back Cruz at 1.4 or less.
    55% chance, 28% chance, it doesn't really matter does it ? at the end of the day , bets are only value if they are winning bets.
    Here's an example of what I mean. Floyd v Manny, Floyd was ALWAYS going to win that fight, so Manny was still always going to lose and it didn't matter if he was 4/1 or 20/1.
    For a once off bet the price doesnt matter because you cant prove whether you got value or not but over time its the only thing that matters. For example if I gave you 20/1 on a coin toss youd snap my hand off, but theres still a 50% chance you lose.

Theres plenty of examples in sports where the Person that was always going to lose actually won. Leicester winning the premier league, Rahman beating Lewis, Douglas beating Tyson. Id hope the people who backed these werent happy with getting 1/10 on their bets

Floyd was always going to win? Maybe not. He could have popped his shoulder when throwing his first punch. He could have buckled his knee. Anything can happen in the ring.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Just for clarification I think Cruz is correctly the fav here. I gave him about a 55% chance of winning but the value is with Frampton with odds suggesting he just has a 28% chance of winning.

I think Frampton will win the early rounds with Cruz finishing strong. Really could go either way but think you have to be mad to back Cruz at 1.4 or less.
    55% chance, 28% chance, it doesn't really matter does it ? at the end of the day , bets are only value if they are winning bets.
    Here's an example of what I mean. Floyd v Manny, Floyd was ALWAYS going to win that fight, so Manny was still always going to lose and it didn't matter if he was 4/1 or 20/1.
    For a once off bet the price doesnt matter because you cant prove whether you got value or not but over time its the only thing that matters. For example if I gave you 20/1 on a coin toss youd snap my hand off, but theres still a 50% chance you lose.

Theres plenty of examples in sports where the Person that was always going to lose actually won. Leicester winning the premier league, Rahman beating Lewis, Douglas beating Tyson. Id hope the people who backed these werent happy with getting 1/10 on their bets

Floyd was always going to win? Maybe not. He could have popped his shoulder when throwing his first punch. He could have buckled his knee. Anything can happen in the ring.
    I know it's your job and fair play. But for every example you gave, there are 500 that go the other way.
    And as for maybe he could pop his shoulder, yeah maybe........ But he never did he?
    Like Master's old mate Beverley Knight once said, shoulda, woulda, coulda are the last words of a fool! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Forget you all!

Frampton wins by a boxing masterclass.
    Nobody likes you

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Definitely top notch matchup that you stand up for and think both will have major moments!Frampton can early and set traps on warming Cruz. One punch quickness is clearly in Frampton's favor. But ultimately Santa Cruz shows mostly an improved big frame boxer who can stay smart and has proven option to do massive volume head and body inside on Frampton forced to play aggressor more and more. Not a bad card at all..and Mikey Garcia is coming out of witness protection and fighting again Tevin Farmer looks a serious late bloomer and can make Redkach look like a statue. Card kicks off on Showtime extreme?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Good card, a few pick em fights with solid guys, what more can you ask for. Think it has to be said Frampton didn't impress anyone in his one fight in the states thus far, it's possible he doesn't travel well. If that's not the case, I could see just about anything happen, think a fight of two halves is quite likely.

I see Paulie is fighting again against someone who also doesn't look to have any power, would really rather see him on the mic for this card, but it's his hometown and probably a safe fight so fair enough.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't overlook that 7" reach advantage

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes of course there are 100s of examples where things like that didnt happen. Hence why those fighters were such short prices for those fights. The point is anything can happen in the ring. If not noone would watch boxing, and people like you who can predict results with absolute certainty would bankrupt the bookies. Luckily you're not a betting man though!

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Forget you all!

Frampton wins by a boxing masterclass.
    Nobody likes you

he's a bit of cunt yes but dislike is a bit strong
    Officially the only saddo who has had a girlfriend

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Carl Frampton says his power will hurt Leo Santa Cruz in world title bout

Carl Frampton says he is in the form of his life after moving up to featherweight for Saturday's world title challenge against Leo Santa Cruz in New York.

Frampton aims to become Northern Ireland's first two-weight world boxing champion by beating the Mexican, who has won world titles at three weights.

Santa Cruz will have a height and reach advantage but Frampton believes the Mexican will not be able to cope with his power.

"I'm going to be so strong at this weight," said the unbeaten Frampton, 29, who holds the IBF and WBA super-bantamweight titles.

"I think boxing people here in America are underestimating me because they are judging me on the Alejandro Gonzalez fight in Texas last year when I had a disastrous first round but came back to win fairly comfortably.

"I think Leo Santa Cruz is underestimating me as well but I'll change his mind when I start hitting him hard in the first round."

Carl Frampton says his power will hurt Leo Santa Cruz in world title bout - BBC Sport
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes of course there are 100s of examples where things like that didnt happen. Hence why those fighters were such short prices for those fights. The point is anything can happen in the ring. If not noone would watch boxing, and people like you who can predict results with absolute certainty would bankrupt the bookies. Luckily you're not a betting man though!
    I don't mind a bet now and again, but I tend to prefer to win my bets. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Id take 1 winner and 99 losers at 500/1 ahead of 1 winner at 1/100

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me too. But name me the last time you had a winner at 500/1 ?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Don't overlook that 7" reach advantage
    Or the volume. The volume and the height and reach are going to make the difference.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not since the last olympics but have clicked some big price accas through the years. Have a 100,000/1 acca on the olympic boxing this year that should be around 1,000/1 that Im hoping comes in

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not since the last olympics but have clicked some big price accas through the years. Have a 100,000/1 acca on the olympic boxing this year that should be around 1,000/1 that Im hoping comes in
    Good luck with that mate. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thread Information